Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

11-8-69...the high time just brought chills....and many other thoughts.  

the words GD used were just so damn thoughtful and inventive.   so much genius went into making them timeless.  making their music, their style, a style of the ages, it's just hard to conceptualize now, that it was not a big grand plan.  Do you realize how many things GS had to happen for it all to happen?  it's like the flipping stars aligned, but not just for one night, it's like decades of them moving to get to one place to move forward from there.  

I see it like random gears interlaced into a woven thread of chance made into majic.  

I really have a easier time confronting astronomical distances, speed, and time and the results than I do the short window it took GD to form and roll out what they did.  

monkeys randomly typing get the Bible eventually, but eventually is a long span for probability to produce something tangible.  GD, and other bands out of that era seemed to be able to speed up the time scale of probability.... because what the fuck are the chances of getting what we got, and than to get it again through DSO!!!  

not only amazing, but it's amazing I got to get it...on both sides!!  

• Forum MVP

July 1st 73.  universal ampi.  

high quality vocals for this show.  

loose Lucy was my highlight.  you can still hear Jerry timing for Lisa.  sort of made me laugh, as you can really hear Jerry pause for her to catch up.  slow tempo for sure, but wow.  Jerry had such an amazing voice!!  

awesome show...ended with a Casey.....and you know that thought... 

happy 4th of July weekend to you all!!!

tree house building today for kiddies.  so what it's at the old house I used to live in. kids still get greatful dead by the pool while watching daddy build them a spot of their own.  we all need our own spots sometimes!! 

• Forum MVP

that's a great video.  thanks PG.  Jerry was having fun, good glimpse of pig, but sorry to say, kruetzman still looks like a better version of Ron Jeremy.  haha...

love it when Jerry moved his guitar like a tool!!   what the world would be like for us with just one if them gone....not sure the world could of handled the vacuum of a non existing Jerry!!!

• Forum MVP

Jerry and Merl 09-06-73

Set I

01 //It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
02 Expressway (To Your Heart)
03 It's Too Late
04 One Kind Favor
05 After Midnight
06 The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down

Set 2

07 I Second That Emotion
08 It's No Use
09 Like A Road
10 //That's All Right, Mama
11 My Funny Valentine
12 Finders Keepers
13 The Harder They Come//

http://bt.etree.org/download.php/587948/jgms1973-09-06.sbd.mr.dat(48k).torrent

Download this now!!!!  Yowsers!!  Its flac so if you somehow cant play it, you can convert to mp3 with traders little helper. 

As I was telling people in a text group, Jerry is playing some truth in My funny valentine!!  Guessing this betty came from one of Rob E's recoveries.

• Forum MVP
39 minutes ago, PoetryGirl said:

If you need an adrenaline injection listen to 5/14/78 Samson. Off the chain- hidamighty! 

Holy Crap!  The whole show is just great - The Let It Grow freaking growls!  Thanks PG :)

• Forum MVP

PoetryGirl is on fire!  Not only is that '67 Midnight Hour an all-timer, but I cued up 5-14-78 Samson.  Somebody (everybody?) may have done a little extra cocaine between sets.  The intro drummer section is double speed for Christ's sake.  Not to mention the final jam.  Whoa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I am not this JM's biggest fan but this is very well done. I believe the fact that he played this last night says a lot about his character, and the quality of the performance says a lot about his talent. The audience was truly respectful also.

RIP, Glen. This song has been part of the soundtrack of my life since it came out. Thank you...

Archived