Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Many will scoff. So if listening to a full 6:53 of outstanding (albeit not hippie genre) classic '70s rock is a lot to ask, let me recommend starting at about 4:34. And if that is still a bit too much, drop in at 5:15 and stick around through to the end. Stevie is incandescent and the band is world class. They didn't sell the number of albums they did by being boring either on or off the stage.

And to see her going similarly off the hook in a stunningly gorgeous way, some of you may want to check out the Midnight Special '76 video. FYI, Midnight Special was what we had in the mid and late '70s before MTV. Live music by live bands. It was pretty cool.

• Forum MVP
On 7/5/2018 at 10:04 PM, chuckvegas said:

Many will scoff........ It was pretty cool.

Chuck's post set me off into a day with Fleetwood. I had them playing either in my mind or on speakers for all hours. They had so many good hits and history. I only saw them live once, Jan 25, 1970 in the very little little "Sports Arena" in Atlanta, when they were in transition from being a blues band to pop rock music.  The following week they opened for the Grateful Dead in New Orleans and the next day set in with the Dead for their "New Orleans bust" fund raiser and then  a week or so latter were on the New York stage with the Dead and Allman Brothers.  But then their leader, Peter Green, got a little too weird from The Bear's chemistry and soon left Fleetwood Mac to a more mystical life. The band grew to become one of the biggest hits of their era.

• Forum MVP

check Out these Uncle Walt’s Band (Champ Hood, David Ball and Walter Hyatt) tunes played by David Ball and that Carolina Sound, if you are in Austin or Nashville. :) Or just Spotify Uncle Walt’s Band anthology.  Champ Hood’s son Warren Hood is a virtuoso on the fiddle, though he studied classical guitar at Juilliard. It was fun to see these guys  fill the night air with song last night. 

A tribute Uncle Walt’s Band from 2008? or so. Marshall Hood on the lead guitar. 

• Forum MVP
On 6/27/2018 at 2:25 PM, cm_hayden said:

I just never got into Dylan besides Jerry/dead doing it. I believe the song when I hear Jerry sing he ain’t give you none though. Every time I hear Jerry sing I buy it. I’m not religious but when I hear Jerry do gospel I believe it. 

• Forum MVP

Today's bike ride sponsored by

3/16/90 Cap Centre, Landover, MD

The final show of the epic run at

the Cap Centre in Spring 90.

BTW breakout with Bob's silly

reworking of the lyrics

Chunky Bird Song>Blow Away to

close the first set

Almost Eyes jam going into drums.

Very moving.

Praise DSO.

• Forum MVP

If Jerry left, it was a brief pause during space.  At the time, I was sure he stayed the whole time.

The China > Rider was by far the most unique one I ever saw.  It featured an extended bridge and Midi section - it made me think for a minute that they might transition into something other than IKYR. The post-Terrapin jam was something else.  I remember a few people actually griping that it was just useless meandering.  I thought it was just GD Jazz :)

• Forum MVP
10 hours ago, Tea said:

If Jerry left, it was a brief pause during space.  At the time, I was sure he stayed the whole time.

The China > Rider was by far the most unique one I ever saw.  It featured an extended bridge and Midi section - it made me think for a minute that they might transition into something other than IKYR. The post-Terrapin jam was something else.  I remember a few people actually griping that it was just useless meandering.  I thought it was just GD Jazz :)

Not to mention a very notable China Doll. 

Archived