Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

today's show in 1969 (08-29-1969) at Family Dog at the great Highway on RELISTEN is just a great  show.    I   love  the way Good Lovin' starts with a few twangs of the bass  followed by a couple raps on the  cow bells, then heads to a frenzy.     This whole shows feels so bluesey. 

don't think i've ever listen to it  before.   a current favorite...for now   http://relisten.net/grateful-dead/1969/8/29/good-lovinjerry--lead-vocals        

• Forum MVP

Watching a dvd today about experiences almost fifty years ago…not the movie we all have seen but another, “Woodstock Diary”.  Especially the folk singers and scenes from that Friday brought back memories of how we were young innocent hippies just getting our act together.  Some of the singers we can still see today…Arlo, Joanie, David, John Sebastian,    Others have left us… Janis, Jimi, Joe Cocker, Richie Havens, Paul Butterfield.    I did notice that Sly (of the Family Stone) had the same charisma as our current Scotty.   And some of the songs such as this one sung by Joan Baez still have current meanings…   

• 2 weeks later...

The terrapin medley is so grass roots.

Lebo  at 8 minutes in, plays while people walk obliviously behind him and then the  chorus appears in front of him in what seems to be turtles in the dessert rising their heads and enjoying  each repeated refrain being song.  Love it! 

Archived