Now Listening...

You Are Here

JGB 12-21-1979 Keystone Palo Alto, CA

Glad I decided to return to this today. One of my all-time favorite JGB shows. The Positively 4th St. is still out of this world to me. Still think it's the best 4th St. ever played. I sure bet some Stanford professors and students got their minds warped that night more than they ever could've imagined. Stanford sure was blessed with some really great shows.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Caught Leftover Salmon in Charlotte last night. Still hearing those jams from last night in my head today. Much like our beloved DSO those mother fuckers bring it in spades. Have seen them many times and have NEVER been disappointed. They did a bluegrass version of Sweet Child of Mine. Funny....

Caught Leftover Salmon in Charlotte last night. Still hearing those jams from last night in my head today. Much like our beloved DSO those mother fuckers bring it in spades. Have seen them many times and have NEVER been disappointed. They did a bluegrass version of Sweet Child of Mine. Funny....

Ladies and Gentleman Jon Stickley and Miss Lyndsay Pruett

http://youtu.be/i7iDOrMSBQs

• Forum MVP

So 12-26-69 contains the one and only version of gathering flowers for the master's bouquet.   Beautiful song.  The recording I have is missing a good portion of Cold, Rain, and Snow, but the show sounds fantastic.  

Death is an angel sent down from above
Sent for the flowers and the lilies we love
Surely it's so, for in heaven's own way
The soul is a flower of the Master's bouquet

• Forum MVP

5-15-1970 Fillmore East.  The early and late show appear to both be included in this one continuous recording so therefore I will try to listen to both in their entirety.  Cold Jordan makes an appearance.  The acoustic rider was one of the slowest I've heard.

• Forum MVP

https://archive.org/details/gd1987-09-18.126038.mtx.eichorn.sbeok.t-flac16

Gotta be one of the alltime best endings to morning dew! My friend who was there in 1987 reported Jerry jumping 5 feet off the ground! Super great matrix mix, Jerry's La Bamba is heart warming... what a great comeback year for him and all of us

Mickey Harts Mystery Box........I heard a sweet guitar lick, an old familiar sound

I heard a laugh I recognised come rolling from the earth

Saw it rise into the skies like lightning giving birth

It sounded like Garcia but I couldn't see the face

Just the beard and the glasses and a smile on empty space........I LOVE THOSE LYRICS

• Forum MVP

Dark Star Orchestra Live at Fillmore Auditorium on 2013-10-12 -

Dark Star Orchestra Live at Fillmore Auditorium on 2013-10-11

These are the best. Plug them in. Crank it up. And be Happy. Thanks for the Betty Boards. She remains the best. These are truly superb.

Sweet. These are downloadable too!!!!!!!!

• Forum MVP

Not sure if it's just me or not but it seems Betty Jean really cranks the bass guitar up. All those 77 dead shows have Phil just cranked and that 10-12 filmore seems to be no different. Sounds amazing!!!

• Forum MVP

1990-3-16 Capitol Centre Landover, MD

One of my favorites of 90 if not my very favorite. I may love early dead the most but 1990 really gets me.

I forgot to add, the jam after man smart, woman smarter is worth it all.

I've been visiting the June 1990 Cal Expo shows and really enjoying the energy and sound quality. Ahhh, Brent's last days, so wish we could be there again- all was good through Chicago

Archived