Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Forum MVP

I am a simple Head:}!!!!   I don't know much facts, but I love the music, and I am now working, and listening to the Barton Hall show of 77.   I think?   You guys know which show!!   The Morning Dew, just had me in complete tears at the work site.  Had to leave, take a breath.

So much complications in life right now, the music clarifies, but also confuses!!!    Just happy I get to smile while I work!!!!!!!!---cause I got head phones on:}!!!!

DSO after show depressions!!!   Am I the only one that is inflicted by this phenomenon?   Cause its tough stuff!!!!!

Be well fellow heads:}!!!!!

Well wishes, and warmer days:}!!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

DSO after show depressions!!! Am I the only one that is inflicted by this phenomenon? Cause its tough stuff!!!!!

No, that condition is pandemic here. There are two cures. The first involves cold turkey withdrawal and the passing of time. That works, but being showsick is no fun. The other is rapid application of more shows. That has its own obvious drawbacks if your life entails a certain level of responsibility, such as a regular job and/or family. I'm sure this sounds similar to other afflictions.

It has been said before but it bears repeating - it is not easy on this side.

It is really tough stuff! If it's going to be a while before my next show I'll usually avoid listening to the Dead for some period otherwise I'll make me miss it all too much. The uplifting rythms of Cal Tjader's latin jazz (now listening) and a lot of other cool music helps keep me company. You can watch all of the cool movies I told you about, Sun, otherwise my only advice to you is that of the Count, wait and hope. There is no replacement.

• Forum MVP

No show blues are the worst. So thankful for the reviews and tales from the road that let me pretend im there with you even if only for a minute. Helps pass the time until the next show. Winter mid america shows and jubilees are my boundaries (so far anyways). Gettin revved up cant wait.

• 2 weeks later...

JGB - Talkin' About You 1976-2-21

A lesser known JGB tune that sure rocks.The show itself is top notch. I find a lot of JGB from the winter of 76 to be some really great music. This song is apparently a Ray Charles cover, at least as far as I can tell. Curious if anyone can tell me of any other JGB covers of Ray Charles? Always thought Jerry would've done great things with I've Got a Woman.

Going to a JGB concert with the cast of Soul Train would be a dream come true!

Happy Friday, folks!

Thanks, Mike!  This immediately brought a smile to my face, and I found the video juxtaposed with disco JGB to be hilarious at first, then it oddly seemed to gel and make sense. By the way, is this version of "Mighty High" taken from the Don't Let Go album, or some other source?

The Soft Parade: The Doors

Come on, Come on, Come on, and touch me baby!

I was driving with this album in a few weeks ago and Touch Me was on as I got stopped at a traffic light in a small town, windows down.

I was car dancing fairly hard and this old gray fellow in the adjacent yard pointed at me and started freak dancin. Made my fuckin day.

too many found posts, figured I'd contribute.

Archived