Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I YouTube it and look for the Jerry Garcia Band at New York Harbor 9-15-76 full show. There is one that only has the first song, catfish John,however, the second song is After Midnight, stir it up, stop that train, tore up, TLEO, it's a tiny room mostly filled with Hell's Angels. Jerry's got his twinkling, smiling eyes behind his sunglasses. Really unusually intimate. I'm not computer literate enough to add a link here, sorry. I watched it twice yesterday as the video is stable and straight on Jerry , it also pans the room which is really intriguing. Hope you can find it

• Forum MVP

I YouTube it and look for the Jerry Garcia Band at New York Harbor 9-15-76 full show. There is one that only has the first song, catfish John,however, the second song is After Midnight, stir it up, stop that train, tore up, TLEO, it's a tiny room mostly filled with Hell's Angels. Jerry's got his twinkling, smiling eyes behind his sunglasses. Really unusually intimate. I'm not computer literate enough to add a link here, sorry. I watched it twice yesterday as the video is stable and straight on Jerry , it also pans the room which is really intriguing. Hope you can find it

What an intriguing show.  I recall reading about it.  Not recalling much of the particulars, but the jist was that, as one can imagine with a boat full of drunk Hells Angels, there were some tense moments "backstage".  Incredible video!

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the link John. I was hoping you'd chime in. I'm gonna watch it again right now. Jerry is so in control with the help of his band members. Especially with the intentionally peaceful songs. There is a kind of weird tension that comes through in film. Quite amazing camera work and those who helped get it out should be commended. This kind of video would take some serious tape collection experience and contacts to see this before the internet. I wonder what date, time period we could cite as when the internet took the place of having to personally contact original tapers?

• Forum MVP

Buffett 12-22-06 great show from Aspen, caught the finish on the way home tonight

Volcano

Werewolves

Margaritaville

Fins

Southern Cross

Mean Mr. Mustard>

Polythene Pam>

Came in through the bathroom window>

The end

Pirate looks at 40

Dixie chicken

Played at the belly up

• Forum MVP

Mountain, Nantucket Sleighride live. If DSO ever wants to follow up on Mississippi Queen, this song would be a natural. At 31:43 this genius monster is like licorice and the Grateful Dead. Not everyone will like it, but those that do will like it a lot.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RWfFZ3oPdjA

• Forum MVP

chuck, Leslie west was just on Howard stern. great as always. he does a version of you are my sunshine in the minor key on his new album. pretty darn haunting. too bad he's confined to a chair now. one of the most underrated guitarists (at least by the youngns)

• Forum MVP

That clip in all its glory was from '73. I was lucky and saw a 9 or so minute version myself in about '73 in Memphis, I believe. I was really excited when DSO broke out Miss Queen, hoping maybe this would follow. Oh well, we can still pine away for Low Spark. The Eleven gestated for about two years, after all.

In 89 we saw Richie Havens a bunch. My friend was the godson of one of his longtime rodies. We ended up at his studio in nyc (no richie) at like two in the morning and they pumped Chicago Live from Carnegie Hall through the pa turned up to 11. Kind of the only time I heard Chicago. They rocked. Then one of the rodies said said to me, were in this for ourselves, plugged in some guitars and jammed for hours.

• Forum MVP

Not wanting to cheat myself I decided to listen https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_oAoSZ2y1cw

I have to admit during 25 or 6 to 4 at around the 26 minute mark of the vid they rock out. Definitely not your grandmothers adult contemporary Chicago.

That was awesome rude. Check out Bill Graham at the end......

Archived