Now Listening...

You Are Here

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Good looking young pussy in every strip club on friday night in America.

I couldn't help but notice the amount young talent at DSO shows recently.  :wub:

And no.......I'm not a dirty old man.

Yet.

• Forum MVP

Brittney Spears isn't as good as Jenna Haze at what she does.  They both sell sex appeal.  One to teenage boys and apparently creepy old men (I didn't think Rude was old enough to qualify, but alas...) The other to anyone with a laptop and hard on.  Haze sucks and fucks better than Brittney smiles and wears a bikini.  

The boy band era of my childhood was an embarrassment. What my generation lapped up at music wasn't even just not art it wasn't worthy of being called music.  I won't comment on this again.  Rude enjoys his videos.  I wonder if he watches Justin T.  He was just as good looking as Brittney and a better singer, artists, and dancer to boot.  

I will be delving into the Horn tour today. In September (fall?) of 73, the GD played 10 shows with 8 of them had a horn section including Martin Fierro.  I assume most know he played with JGB.  

• Forum MVP

No horns on 9/8 either.  Looks very likely that no horns cause no Doug Sahm Band opening.  Both horn players that appear were in this band at the time.  Possible that there was no opener because of strict overtime limits in the part of New York they were playing.  

Horns show up at the next shows.  

• Forum MVP

Inching closer to this. 7/18/76 2nd set

Might As Well

Samson and Delilah

Candyman

Lazy Lightnin'

Supplication

Let it Grow

drums

Let it Grow

Wharf Rat

The Other One

St. Stephen

Not Fade Away

St. Stephen

The Wheel

The Other One

Stella Blue

Sugar Magnolia

Wharf Rat and Stella. Stephen sandwich inside of an other one sandwich. I just don't see how this one could suck.

A little over a year ago I may have listened to it for the first time. It was powerful 2nite.

I know it's amateur but I'm watching dead ahead.. birdsong is one of my favs. But To lay me down makes me wish more than anything I was at radio city that night. This acoustic/ electric show looked and sounded unreal...I wish I was in Jamaica with everyone, but next year I will be! Have fun!!!!

• Forum MVP

Simon & Garfunkle at Central Park 9-18-81. Haven't listened to this for a long time. Good music to listen to while working.

I recently watched the entire concert again on cable (Palladium?), and I was reminded of how on top of their game they were......awesome.....Steve Gadd holding down the drums doesn't hurt either ;)

• Forum MVP

Simon & Garfunkle at Central Park 9-18-81. Haven't listened to this for a long time. Good music to listen to while working.

I recently watched the entire concert again on cable (Palladium?), and I was reminded of how on top of their game they were......awesome.....Steve Gadd holding down the drums doesn't hurt either ;)

I loved that concert. I always thought that me and Julio down by the schoolyard would be a cool song for the dead to play but not sure how it would work electric. It would likely need to be in an accoustic set. Could have been a fun bust out in a 1980 1st set accoustic. It's definitely dancy.

• Forum MVP

Listening to 12-12-73, Jerry is tuning to sleigh ride at the beginning of the show as well as heart and soul.

I wonder if anyone made a list that has every song the dead teased or played tuning. That would be fairly time consuming lol. You could probably complete that task in a few years assuming you could identify every song that was teased and listened 8 hours a day.

Edit: this must be mislabeled as its some studio rehearsal. Playing a few minutes of random songs like blue suade shoes then going on to something else. No clue what I have here.

Double edit. It is 12-12-73 but sleigh ride and others were during sound check. Found another source that Had sound check included.

• Forum MVP

I wonder if anyone made a list that has every song the dead teased or played tuning. That would be fairly time consuming lol. You could probably complete that task in a few years assuming you could identify every song that was teased and listened 8 hours a day.

I am reminded of Staying Alive Spring '78...and then there was the Cornell fight song at Barton Hall '81.

• Forum MVP

I am reminded of Staying Alive Spring '78...and then there was the Cornell fight song at Barton Hall '81.

Lol that stayin alive was my inspiration for the post!!

Selland Arena, Fresno, CA 7/19/74                 Well Done Love It

Disc 1  
1. Bertha
2. Mexicali Blues
3. Deal
4. Beat It On Down The Line
5. Row Jimmy
6. Me And Bobby McGee
7. Scarlet Begonias
8. El Paso
9. Tennessee Jed

Disc 2