I Don't Care Who Says What!

gr8fulauditors

Yo, Furthur is on FIRE!!!!!!! If you don't go see these guys while you can,you just are missing out thats all!!!Plain and simple..There was NO let up at all last night in Stroudsburg,everthing was played to the end.And to the people upset Phil is "calling the shots" yes i did see him go to the mike and talk but it was mostly timing and keys.He waited until the jam had run its course.I saw nothing shut down to early.With 13 furthur shows under my belt i can say.."wow,it is really that good"...GO GO GO!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rob Eaton

Yo, Furthur is on FIRE!!!!!!! If you don't go see these guys while you can,you just are missing out thats all!!!Plain and simple..There was NO let up at all last night in Stroudsburg,everthing was played to the end.And to the people upset Phil is "calling the shots" yes i did see him go to the mike and talk but it was mostly timing and keys.He waited until the jam had run its course.I saw nothing shut down to early.With 13 furthur shows under my belt i can say.."wow,it is really that good"...GO GO GO!!!

I'm sure the Phil Zone and Ratdog board would love to hear your opinion on Furthur....

I'm sure the Phil Zone and Ratdog board would love to hear your opinion on Furthur....

Rob,

I would usually take this opportunity to yet again blast "the g8ful auditor" about his furthur only posts, but due to the keyboard sparring after my last anti-Furthur remark from some of the west coast folks on here-I've opted to just sit in the shadows & observe the madness around here!

It's safe to say that your not alone in the displeasure of all this Furthur news on......last time I checked "The DSO Forum"

Best of luck in all you do :dsorocks:

Peace,

Rob

+1

And if you weren't at the ledges, well.....lets just say you don't get it!!!! Subcooler, don't be afraid.....what they gonna do to you? Nothing!!!

+1

And if you weren't at the ledges, well.....lets just say you don't get it!!!! Subcooler, don't be afraid.....what they gonna do to you? Nothing!!!

Gus,

Fear certainally isn't the issue.....Just no need for the aggrevation!

Too many people ,too many miles away,throwin' too many stones 4 me.

Damn, I miss the conversations in the lot after a show,where you could voice your opinion with fellow Deadheads who could respect your opinion without forcing thiers on you

Everyone is intitalled to thier own opinion.....My beef has been the promotion of Furthur on DSO Forums!

The forum name should sum up what this forum is about, but because they play the same music......Anything goes :wacko:

I hope Mickey & Billy don't play drums for Splintered Sunlight or maybe the focus will shift to that band!

In any event...Live & let Live- ,The fight is over, Nothing left to do but Smile,Smile,Smile,etc

Peace,

Rob

FWIW:

I thought 6/26 Furthur show had some shining moments, but also observed alot of stage antics that left a bad taste in this Deadheads mouth!

• Forum MVP

It's one thing to have a love for GD music and have an affinity for both DSO and Furthur and express opinions on both etc. here in a respectful manner, but another to seemingly only post about Furthur and how insanely crazy good they are. With a thread title like "I don't Care Who Says What!" aren't you sorta fishing for some controversy?

Gus,

Fear certainally isn't the issue.....Just no need for the aggrevation!

Too many people ,too many miles away,throwin' too many stones 4 me.

Damn, I miss the conversations in the lot after a show,where you could voice your opinion with fellow Deadheads who could respect your opinion without forcing thiers on you

Everyone is intitalled to thier own opinion.....My beef has been the promotion of Furthur on DSO Forums!

The forum name should sum up what this forum is about, but because they play the same music......Anything goes :wacko:

I hope Mickey & Billy don't play drums for Splintered Sunlight or maybe the focus will shift to that band!

In any event...Live & let Live- ,The fight is over, Nothing left to do but Smile,Smile,Smile,etc

Peace,

Rob

FWIW:

I thought 6/26 Furthur show had some shining moments, but also observed alot of stage antics that left a bad taste in this Deadheads mouth!

I get it and agree. just wish the further people would move on! They add NOTHING to the DSO FORUM. Was there 6/26 and agree completely with your analysis. While fun at times it lacks spontaneity. NEVER have that problem with DSO!

The thing is, crushing furthur discussions fires up the controversy. The Phil Zone, Ratdog.org, and DSO forums are all equivalent in that they are the chatrooms created for Phils, Bobs, and Johns OLD bands. Why would furthur chat be better placed there than here? I suppose I might be looked at as one of the furthur people, but the reason I spend my time looking at this forum is because I got tons of friends here because Im a DSO person too and have never once joined or even barely looked at the other forums.

When there is, if there is ever a forum for furthur I really doubt there would be a anti DSO focus. DSO pride is great but still, I don't understand why a discussion of the latest incarnations of the boys with the founding member of DSO should feel so harsh for so many of you. Well I guess I understand why, it just comes across a bit whiny. I think a positive slant would bring the vibe of the forum up and give DSO a better name. The reality is though, our minds our made up. Im not gonna sway anyone, just like no one will sway me. Rob, If you want your chat room free of Grateful Dead...Furthur.... or any "other bands" than put it in the mission satement that this is a place for homogenous DSO discussion only, drop the other bands category, and hope you dont turn the "average" deadhead off.

I live in the bay area, and have deadicated my life to living the GD lifestyle and surround myself with dead to the core heads. I am known as a huge DSO fan and supporter among deadheads. To deadheads there is no seperation between these grate bands. The seperation vibe that exists and is now being strengthened is unique to the DSO community. Sure some people prefer whatever but the whole energy surrounding Furthur amongst DSO fans and band members is not good for DSO. Its mind boggling to any deadhead that is not in the DSO bubble. Anyhow I'm sad to have missed the ledges and Furthurs summer tour. Hope to catch up soon. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.....Peace and Grateful Dead music for all.

"Did you think I would leave you crying

When there's room on my horse for two

Climb up here Jack and don't be crying

I can go just as fast with two

When we grow up we'll both be soldiers

And our horses will not be toys

And I wonder if we'll remember

When we were two little boys

• Forum MVP

The thing is, crushing furthur discussions fires up the controversy. The Phil Zone, Ratdog.org, and DSO forums are all equivalent in that they are the chatrooms created for Phils, Bobs, and Johns OLD bands. Why would furthur chat be better placed there than here? I suppose I might be looked at as one of the furthur people, but the reason I spend my time looking at this forum is because I got tons of friends here because Im a DSO person too and have never once joined or even barely looked at the other forums.

When there is, if there is ever a forum for furthur I really doubt there would be a anti DSO focus. DSO pride is great but still, I don't understand why a discussion of the latest incarnations of the boys with the founding member of DSO should feel so harsh for so many of you. Well I guess I understand why, it just comes across a bit whiny. I think a positive slant would bring the vibe of the forum up and give DSO a better name. The reality is though, our minds our made up. Im not gonna sway anyone, just like no one will sway me. Rob, If you want your chat room free of Grateful Dead...Furthur.... or any "other bands" than put it in the mission satement that this is a place for homogenous DSO discussion only, drop the other bands category, and hope you dont turn the "average" deadhead off.

I live in the bay area, and have deadicated my life to living the GD lifestyle and surround myself with dead to the core heads. I am known as a huge DSO fan and supporter among deadheads. To deadheads there is no seperation between these grate bands. The seperation vibe that exists and is now being strengthened is unique to the DSO community. Sure some people prefer whatever but the whole energy surrounding Furthur amongst DSO fans and band members is not good for DSO. Its mind boggling to any deadhead that is not in the DSO bubble. Anyhow I'm sad to have missed the ledges and Furthurs summer tour. Hope to catch up soon. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.....Peace and Grateful Dead music for all.

To use a sports analogy, GD music is like NFL football. There are many teams out there playing the game, and largely I like watching them all play. I do, however, have a favorite team. I take a lot of pride in supporting my team. I am defensive of my team. I like to see my team win. I take exception when another team takes shots at my team. True or not, or somewhere in between, there are signs that Furthur is not thrilled with the success of DSO. With all due reverence to Phil and Bobby, they have been cobbling together various bands since 1995, most have fizzled out, lacking that "feel good" success that they have finally found with Furthur. Meanwhile, DSO cranks up around 1997 and has been steadily delivering that good feeling at an incredibly high level night after night. IMO - haven't Phil and Bobby ultimately ended up doing what DSO has been doing all along.... Finding the best possible musicians to recreate the "true to original" GD sound and deliver it consistently. I love football, and I love watching an inspired performance by any team playing the game, but I really love MY team.

PS: George, Elaine, Kramer and Jerry have never been as successful apart as they were together. :blush:

+1

:icon13:

shaniqua-be-all-like.jpg

That's ridiculous to even throw that kind of gas into this fire...

It's about The Grateful Dead....not Ratdog, Phil, DSO, The Schwag, or any other band.

The guy sounded excited about his experience and wanted to share it...in the appropriate forum (other bands) nonetheless. What gives? What can we talk about Mr. Eaton?

big-lebowski-2.jpg

It should be about family and the music...spreading the love as far as possible...

The Further (unsure of sp) Mgmnt. has been trying to canibalize the DSO fanbase since it's inception.

That' ridiculous...be afraid...be very afraid...

Another conspiracy theorist in our midst....

Im a big fan of DSO but think it's perfectly acceptable to post about JK and Further here...the dude is DSO DNA and always will be..People love the guy plain and simple..he as has everyone else in the band (DSO) also Scott have given fans alot of musical love over the years...

I do agree the subject post was not impressive, inflamatory and over the top.....but talking about all things JK is appropriate me thinks.....

As an example it would be analogous to no talk of John Lennon on a Beatles web site after he left the band (if they had web sites 40 years ago)...I mean the dude was a beatle..he was a founder of the beatles.....

Im sure there are better examples but you get the idea...

And Rob no disrespect....and I consider myself a HUGE fan of yours but if for whatever reason you left for another gig we would be discussing on this board your legacy, your new successes and reviewing your gigs...and wishing you had stayed perhaps..its just part of the game.

Pleas don't leave (lol)

• Advisory Board

It's too bad there's not some kind of "eject button" where asses who come around here to act self righteous and just like to stir the pot can't just be deleted from the Forums.

Honestly, if you can't see why certain subjects are touchy on THE DSO FORUMS, then you are even dumber than I give you credit for.

It's called sensitivity and respect for the band we love around here, that is DSO, on THE DSO FORUMS. Get it? I didn't think so...

Save your free speech and censorship arguments for your Constitutional Law class. This is an online Forum dedicated to DSO and I don't have to want to read your BS around here, it detracts from what I like about THE DSO FORUMS.

Keep on living the "Peace, Love and Music and GD Lifestyles". That's some funny stuff.

Dr. B B)

It's too bad there's not some kind of "eject button" where asses who come around here to act self righteous and just like to stir the pot can't just be deleted from the Forums.

Honestly, if you can't see why certain subjects are touchy on THE DSO FORUMS, then you are even dumber than I give you credit for.

It's called sensitivity and respect for the band we love around here, that is DSO, on THE DSO FORUMS. Get it? I didn't think so...

Save your free speech and censorship arguments for your Constitutional Law class. This is an online Forum dedicated to DSO and I don't have to want to read your BS around here, it detracts from what I like about THE DSO FORUMS.

Keep on living the "Peace, Love and Music and GD Lifestyles". That's some funny stuff.

Dr. B B)

"Save your free speech and censorship arguments for your Constitutional Law class. This is an online Forum dedicated to DSO and I don't have to want to read your BS around here, it detracts from what I like about THE DSO FORUMS."

I hesitate to even post as it perpetuates this thread that we might all agree has grown thin...The subject title was obnoxious, for sure...but as long as there is an "Other Band" section..it will continue to contain Furthur content..and with all due respect Dr.B you don't have to read it...just sayin..on my screen I can't see the other bands thread..it's too far at the bottom... :)

• Advisory Board

I hesitate to even post as it perpetuates this thread that we might all agree has grown thin...The subject title was obnoxious, for sure...but as long as there is an "Other Band" section..it will continue to contain Furthur content..and with all due respect Dr.B you don't have to read it...just sayin..on my screen I can't see the other bands thread..it's too far at the bottom... :)

I know I don't have to but I can't help it. It's like looking at the car accident on the side of the road, I just look even though I don't really want to.

The upside is that I do find alot of the posts funny, not as the posters intend them though.

Dr. B

Can't be both, huh? I'll take happy.

I am happy and I'm right! Truely sorry to cause such a fuss.I was just talking about the experience I had. I did not think Rob E. would be so defensive.I guess he has a point ,but rather than delete me I will go in peace.My time here we enjoyable.See you on the 9th in Beth.Thats if they will sell me a ticket.

In leaving I will say, you guys and gals will not meet another person as deadicated to this entire lifesyle and music than me. I can tell there a some pationate people around here but VERY defensive over Their group playing OUR music.Strange.Your family is whole again this stranger gets the message!!

Peace Tom

Archived