I Don't Care Who Says What!

gr8fulauditors

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That' ridiculous...be afraid...be very afraid...

Another conspiracy theorist in our midst....

Im a big fan of DSO but think it's perfectly acceptable to post about JK and Further here...the dude is DSO DNA and always will be..People love the guy plain and simple..he as has everyone else in the band (DSO) also Scott have given fans alot of musical love over the years...

I do agree the subject post was not impressive, inflamatory and over the top.....but talking about all things JK is appropriate me thinks.....

As an example it would be analogous to no talk of John Lennon on a Beatles web site after he left the band (if they had web sites 40 years ago)...I mean the dude was a beatle..he was a founder of the beatles.....

Im sure there are better examples but you get the idea...

And Rob no disrespect....and I consider myself a HUGE fan of yours but if for whatever reason you left for another gig we would be discussing on this board your legacy, your new successes and reviewing your gigs...and wishing you had stayed perhaps..its just part of the game.

Pleas don't leave (lol)

Mixed feelings on this issue. There have been enough coincidences in scheduling, etc, to give credence to the theory that Furthur is playing hardball with DSO, so I am ambivalent about their success. Nevertheless in addition to being a fan of DSO I am a JK fan, and particularly like the discussions of his "new group" from the point of view of those of us who have heard him play over the years and are not just new fans. It is we who can commiserate when we hear Bobby sing songs we know John Kills (like Black Peter, Ripple, Liberty and Sugaree) and take pride at those times when he leads (and even props up) two GD legends. It's sad if this discussion is considered unwelcome at this site, though I kind of understand.

Guest Rob Eaton

The thing is, crushing furthur discussions fires up the controversy. The Phil Zone, Ratdog.org, and DSO forums are all equivalent in that they are the chatrooms created for Phils, Bobs, and Johns OLD bands. Why would furthur chat be better placed there than here? I suppose I might be looked at as one of the furthur people, but the reason I spend my time looking at this forum is because I got tons of friends here because Im a DSO person too and have never once joined or even barely looked at the other forums.

When there is, if there is ever a forum for furthur I really doubt there would be a anti DSO focus. DSO pride is great but still, I don't understand why a discussion of the latest incarnations of the boys with the founding member of DSO should feel so harsh for so many of you. Well I guess I understand why, it just comes across a bit whiny. I think a positive slant would bring the vibe of the forum up and give DSO a better name. The reality is though, our minds our made up. Im not gonna sway anyone, just like no one will sway me. Rob, If you want your chat room free of Grateful Dead...Furthur.... or any "other bands" than put it in the mission satement that this is a place for homogenous DSO discussion only, drop the other bands category, and hope you dont turn the "average" deadhead off.

I live in the bay area, and have deadicated my life to living the GD lifestyle and surround myself with dead to the core heads. I am known as a huge DSO fan and supporter among deadheads. To deadheads there is no seperation between these grate bands. The seperation vibe that exists and is now being strengthened is unique to the DSO community. Sure some people prefer whatever but the whole energy surrounding Furthur amongst DSO fans and band members is not good for DSO. Its mind boggling to any deadhead that is not in the DSO bubble. Anyhow I'm sad to have missed the ledges and Furthurs summer tour. Hope to catch up soon. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer.....Peace and Grateful Dead music for all.

What exactly is wrong with my post? and how is it "crushing Furthur discussions"? Thought those boards would maybe be interested in the opinion...

What exactly is wrong with my post? and how is it "crushing Furthur discussions"? Thought those boards would maybe be interested in the opinion...

Your words and voice carry weight. People listen to you and follow suit. I just think the dis-interest in furthur excitement to be a bummer. It would be nice if this forum could promote a voice of positivity towards furthur. Obviously the situation is bitter sweet. However your outlook on it and your public and private words affect the minds of your fans. There are lots of young deadheads on these boards that really should not have any of this DSO-furthur drama in their heads. They should have the opportunity to enjoy Bobby and Phil as we have. They are not evil. I think you know that you responding to a fans excitement and joy regarding Furthur by suggesting they do it elsewhere is crushing the discussion.

I am all about youngsters getting turned on to the music. They still have an opportunity to see the boys in the flesh...the energy is still there. You went to the "dead" last May and wrote a positive review on it. Would it have been better placed on .org? No way. I like that you went. I would love to hear you school some of your fans when they turn this board into a soap opera. We all got our opinions but in the end it would seem that you for one would want to go on the record as a supporter of John and his involvement with Bob and Phil. Also as a musician and GD music fanatic, it would be nice to hear your opinion of furthurs sound....but then again the dust might be so thick and road so rocky that you cant see the forest through the trees.....ALL Respect to you.

WOW.

For you to say your post was merely an attempt to spread the positive praise of your musical brothers and sonic ancestors sounds to me like some...well...

BullShit.jpg

I think this kind of stuff only drives a wedge, and not just amongst fans...it's the musicians, the community, the lot, etc. It hurts to think you'd perpetuate it in any capacity. Let the dead horse rest Gratefully. I have to assume you know good and well those boards and their members provide ample praise...although I've never visited. My interpretation of your post was translated to "Take the Furthur talk to the other message boards, I'd rather not promote them or even read about them on our forum". If I'm truly wrong (and only you know the truth) I sincerely apologize.

Can't we all just get along?

cantwealljustgetalong.jpg

Guest Rob Eaton

wow... I really don't know what to say.... I will refrain from posting because as I can see a simple statement is no longer a simple statement. Life is to short and there are so many things positive in life to focus on beyond all this. going back and fourth on who is right and wrong and why no love and so on in the end is very telling of the split in this community. It's a shame really.. anyone who doesn't think Furthur has had many effects on DSO in profound ways is kidding themselves. When I come on these boards I come like the rest of you. I don't want my words to carry any more or less weight then others. Like many who precede me I will remove myself from the forum as a personal choice. Not because of anything any one person has said but rather being a band member I can't really say what I want to say and that is frustrating. Long live the music of the Grateful Dead no matter who is playing it...

Peace and out... Rob Eaton

wow... I really don't know what to say.... I will refrain from posting because as I can see a simple statement is no longer a simple statement. Life is to short and there are so many things positive in life to focus on beyond all this. going back and fourth on who is right and wrong and why no love and so on in the end is very telling of the split in this community. It's a shame really.. anyone who doesn't think Furthur has had many effects on DSO in profound ways is kidding themselves. When I come on these boards I come like the rest of you. I don't want my words to carry any more or less weight then others. Like many who precede me I will remove myself from the forum as a personal choice. Not because of anything any one person has said but rather being a band member I can't really say what I want to say and that is frustrating. Long live the music of the Grateful Dead no matter who is playing it...

I for one appreciate your opinion and you posting. Your position as a band member on this forum must be difficult. I obviously hope that I dont keep you from posting and saying what you mean. As far as furthurs effect on DSO...I see it for what it is but also have an unrelenting push to support Bobby and Phil in their efforts and their part in making DSO a band at all....There is no right and wrong...I would like to dissolve the split in the community you speak of and hope the hard days are over....Keep on keepin on.

• Forum MVP
Furthur has had many effects on DSO in profound ways

But of course! It couldn't be any other way. That said, however, it is the choice of DSO and fans how they will react to those effects. Some reactions are just plain counterproductive.

I once knew a guitar teacher who said:

If it ain't fun you ain't doin it right!

633588938020287733-Diplomacy.jpg

I totally hear where you're coming from...and you're in a tough position Man. I personally wouldn't even read this muck because I would feel obligated to say how I feel and call things for what they are. I can, you can, but shouldn't. You're a professional. It sucks, in a way, but not really...look at the joy your craft brings. It's a small price to pay. You kinda have to just bite your tongue or risk burning bridges furthur. It's better to just not comment on certain issues and not even dangle the bait. Let speculations arrive, and die. Those that truly matter will know the truth and recognize it for what it is. I'd just focus on the most important thing...and keep it the most important thing.

Peace be with you.

If we lose Eaton on these boards, we lose one of the greatest gifts DSO has given their fanbase: the joy of knowing that the band members really do read what we say, that our thoughts, hopes and ideas are not fodder for ourselves alone.

Personally speaking, my time on the boards always brightens when I see that familiar Wolf logo in the lefthand column. It strengthens the feeling of community and togetherness in this community.

I'll agree there are some people on this forum that seem to be spoiling for a fight...and quite frankly I think that's on BOTH sides of the issue. But we can all do a better job of not letting it poison the well.

Rob (and the rest of the band, for that matter) -- thanks for allowing us the transparency and accessibility few bands of your caliber offer.

Onward to State College

• Advisory Board

Eaton's presence on here is one of the great things about this board.

If he goes...I go!

Agreed.

Eaton participating on the Forums is a huge positive aspect around here as is whenever a bandmember posts. It connects the community.

Pugdog, I find many of your posts and especially graphics (as in this thread) harsh, inflammatory and needlessly insulting. I almost can't believe that you have the audacity to lecture Eaton as your post to him above reads. He's not super human, but he is both a musician and a bandmember who I greatly admire. I want to hear and read his opinions, and I believe we all owe him and all bandmembers our respect and civility. I don't know you at all, but you are a pretty outspoken guy and your posts often lack tact and are classless. In my opinion your "contributions" to the Forums are negative. It's not that you don't have a right to voice your opinions, it's just the way you do it. Not cool at all.

Dr. B

• Forum MVP

Rob,

We need you bro, you keep it real!

• Forum MVP

this board has changed immensly since jk's announcement. I'm all for stirring the pot, but the constant bickering over where one stands on furthur is nauseating. For those of us who have been on the board for awhile, we realize how great it used to be; instead, it's turned into this. For the veterans, stop responding and they will go away.

this board has changed immensly since jk's announcement. I'm all for stirring the pot, but the constant bickering over where one stands on furthur is nauseating. For those of us who have been on the board for awhile, we realize how great it used to be; instead, it's turned into this. For the veterans, stop responding and they will go away.

(other bands,except FURTHUR, forum) UNREAL!!!This board must be filled with uneducated people.To think, that me saying basically I don't care if you people think that other band sucks,I think they are grate!!Is said to upset you guys,it was said to motivate your dumbasses to give up all this bullshit and go see them.That was all i was saying!!!!I think its the idiots on this board that twist things and stir the pot.GROW UP!!!!!!If you smart you'll bring an umbrella tonight.I will provide the tissues for all of your tears.Tom :rofl:

• Forum MVP

(other bands,except FURTHUR, forum) UNREAL!!!This board must be filled with uneducated people.To think, that me saying basically I don't care if you people think that other band sucks,I think they are grate!!Is said to upset you guys,it was said to motivate your dumbasses to give up all this bullshit and go see them.That was all i was saying!!!!I think its the idiots on this board that twist things and stir the pot.GROW UP!!!!!!If you smart you'll bring an umbrella tonight.I will provide the tissues for all of your tears.Tom :rofl:

nice one :icon13:

• Forum MVP

was said to motivate your dumbasses to give up all this bullshit and go see them.That was all i was saying!!!!I

So you've been on this thing regarding Furthur because you've somehow got the impression that people on this site have not/will not see that band?

That is kind of fucked up.

I'm sure there are some on this board who have no interest in seeing Furthur for their own reasons but I also think that the majority of people on here have seen them or will.

Hopefully you can stop your campaign now.

All name calling aside......

You seem to have quite a history of starting & adding to inflammatory threads here.

I'm just wondering what your real motivation is for coming here "Tom" ?

Have you ever added positve DSO news/remarks on here?

Back to Furthur.....I think by this time most (if not all of us have seen Furthur)-It's doubtful anyone is going to buy tix & check them out (Just because" Mr.Tom" told us so)- never mind that was another song!

Your song has gotten old, and so has the post concerning your leaving this forum.......I think your like a winter bad cough (Hard to get rid of!)

Let's just all live together around here & share in the love of The Good Ol' Grateful Dead!

Maybe I'll see you tonight, but doubtful.....We both been @ alot of the same shows & you are always invisible!

Peace,

Rob

Pugdog, I find many of your posts and especially graphics (as in this thread) harsh, inflammatory and needlessly insulting. I almost can't believe that you have the audacity to lecture Eaton as your post to him above reads. He's not super human, but he is both a musician and a bandmember who I greatly admire. I want to hear and read his opinions, and I believe we all owe him and all bandmembers our respect and civility. I don't know you at all, but you are a pretty outspoken guy and your posts often lack tact and are classless. In my opinion your "contributions" to the Forums are negative. It's not that you don't have a right to voice your opinions, it's just the way you do it. Not cool at all.

Dr. B

I'm sorry my earlier post reads to you as a "lecture" as it is hardly the case...this is a message board (let's not forget) for discussion. I was discussing Rob's post and giving my opinion on it. I like hearing his opinions too...I was saying if I were a man in his position I would not even reply to issues that are "hot"...if you're "loose with the truth, baby, it's your fire, but baby don't get burned"...I'd keep it about the music and avoid the things I knew were inherently hostile and touchy. I'm sorry the fact that my opinion doesn't align with your own makes you see it as "needlessly insulting" and renders it negative. Give me a break. If you feel my "contributions" are negative...don't read them...scroll along. Good or bad I try to call it as I see it...I don't like scratchy wool on my retinas...it harshes my mellow and gives me dry eyes. Needless to say there has been negativity on this board and harsh vibes of which I don't feel responsible for starting. Shit happens. Stikes and gutters. I personally prefer DSO's sound over Furthur's (although I haven't seen Furthur live). I don't have a specific team, I just love the sport. I don't even know why I'm defending my opinions to you anyway...that was 7 minutes I wish I had back.

I guess agree to disagree would be the best avenue here Doc.

Be well.

censorship_pencil.jpg

So you've been on this thing regarding Furthur because you've somehow got the impression that people on this site have not/will not see that band?

That is kind of fucked up.

I'm sure there are some on this board who have no interest in seeing Furthur for their own reasons but I also think that the majority of people on here have seen them or will.

Hopefully you can stop your campaign now.

+1!

Archived