I Don't Care Who Says What!

gr8fulauditors

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said "cockburn"...heh heh

:rofl:

beavis__butthead.jpg

Which reminds me...I read earlier that "Beavis and Butthead" is coming back to television!!!! Finally!!!

After 13 years MTV will be bringing our favorite Ol' Buddies back...they're going to be the same age but from what I gather they'll be goofing on new music videos and up to their same ol' shenanigans...

146237_2000.jpg

Can't wait!

You said "cockburn"...heh heh

:rofl:

beavis__butthead.jpg

Which reminds me...I read earlier that "Beavis and Butthead" is coming back to television!!!! Finally!!!

After 13 years MTV will be bringing our favorite Ol' Buddies back...they're going to be the same age but from what I gather they'll be goofing on new music videos and up to their same ol' shenanigans...

146237_2000.jpg

Can't wait!

Oh yes...The golden age of animation. The Simpson's in their prime. Ren + Stimpy. And yes B + B. Back on empty- vee. For the fall lineup? SWEET!!!! And might I add Pinky and the Brain.

• Forum MVP

David,

I more concerned with living right and moving those in my circle towards the "good life." I, by no means, really care that much to get along with people. I can be loud, obnoxious, and even allow for locker room talk with ladies present.

How was Neil at the Fox?

You may try to get along with people more as you age--that's been the case with me at least, hence my occasional use of these things> :) ...

Neil was good. I stood at the back of the floor after negotiating with the 'house manager" who told me that no one in the theartre, cept for employees, were allowed to stand...per rules set forth by Neil. I was able to convince him that this was not a volitional thing with me, that if Neil begins to play Old Black, I am not capable of sitting down, regardless of the rules or the situation. I was standing on the side for the first half of the show because I'm not going to stand in front of someone who's sitting, and the woman in charge on that side of the floor had no problem with it after I explained the situation, but I guess it caused enough of a stir for the house manager to get involved.

I've never heard anyone doing a solo show and playing the electric guitar but leave it to Neil. I hope I can see him many more times but you never know.

and for what it's worth, DSO totally rocked at allgood music festival... it was an awesome show, the heat, the crowd, everything.. what a great show.. hats off to the whole allgood crew for their awesome show at allgood...tk and rebx

• Forum MVP

Oh yes...The golden age of animation. The Simpson's in their prime. Ren + Stimpy. And yes B + B. Back on empty- vee. For the fall lineup? SWEET!!!! And might I add Pinky and the Brain.

#1 They still make music videos to spoof??? Wow, who knew?

#2 I was always a sucker for Ren & Stimpy. "Don't Wiz on the Electric Fence" is still one of my favorite episodes of any cartoon of the last 25 years.

• Forum MVP

I just dig music. I dig the Grateful Dead, and am grateful that there are still bands performming the music that has moved me for so long.

I understand that there are politics and personal controversies involved in it all, and I generally try to stay to the side of all that, because, like I said, I just like the music.

That being said, yes, DSO blew Furthur out of the water at AllGood.

So there.

It is pure sarcasm my good man. Perhaps the dogdays of summer is making you irritable. Have a great day , and don't make assumptions. Or is this from one pinhead to another?

Intent and tone are very hard to decipher in this kind communication (email, texting as well). While I am probably the most sarcastic bastard on this forum, I have learned (through my business career) to be very careful of how your writing can be perceived. That said, I still make mistakes but have learned to sit back and really think about what/how I want to say and the tone it would convey to others.

Listen to the Dr.....the Dr. is wise, the Dr. is good! Thanks Dr. Barry.

That being said, yes, DSO blew Furthur out of the water at AllGood.

So there.

Yes, very true. I was a little surprised. Well really not after seeing DSO with Jeff.

I would describe DSO show as an epic set list played in outstanding fashion.

Furthur played a pretty good set list fairly well. They are still playing stuff too damn slow. I thought I was going to fall asleep during Estimated Prophet and that was the 2nd song.

And I was so looking forward to both.

Intent and tone are very hard to decipher in this kind communication (email, texting as well). While I am probably the most sarcastic bastard on this forum, I have learned (through my business career) to be very careful of how your writing can be perceived. That said, I still make mistakes but have learned to sit back and really think about what/how I want to say and the tone it would convey to others.

Listen to the Dr.....the Dr. is wise, the Dr. is good! Thanks Dr. Barry.

Agreed! As you have gathered, so am I. There were no intentions of "ruffling feathers". I love both bands equally on different levels. Without Furthur (Grateful Dead, Dead, etc.) there would be no DSO. I am so very thankful that both bands are gracing us with their music. That being said...Keep on rocking in the free world. Enjoy life, summer, + the ride.

That is true, Dave. I think what P2inboulder was implying was that Furthur is the next iteration of the "post-Jerry" dead.

Incidentally, I disagree with that notion on the grounds that Billy and Mickey are not involved. Not saying that Further needs them, just saying that I subscribe to the Rock Band Rule of Three; that is, if there are fewer than three members of the original band in a group, they cannot use the original name (as in, the band that played the Super Bowl might as well have been called Roger Daltry, Pete Townsend and Friends, 'cuz it sure as hell wasn't the Who.)

I feel that extends to referring to Furthur as the next iteration because Mickey and Billy are still above room temperature.

A little convoluted, this post...

That is true, Dave. I think what P2inboulder was implying was that Furthur is the next iteration of the "post-Jerry" dead.

Incidentally, I disagree with that notion on the grounds that Billy and Mickey are not involved. Not saying that Further needs them, just saying that I subscribe to the Rock Band Rule of Three; that is, if there are fewer than three members of the original band in a group, they cannot use the original name (as in, the band that played the Super Bowl might as well have been called Roger Daltry, Pete Townsend and Friends, 'cuz it sure as hell wasn't the Who.)

I feel that extends to referring to Furthur as the next iteration because Mickey and Billy are still above room temperature.

A little convoluted, this post...

The difference is The Who doesn't have three living members. Therefore I think they can break the rule. Even though it will never be the Who without John and Keith, I bet Pete and Roger would argue intensely against the rule.

Well of course they would...I would imagine the name "The Who" is the largest part of their marketability.

It's all a tricky issue, no doubt about it...I mean, not to be crass, but how many members of the original DSO line-up are left? Like ORIGINAL original. Any? Not that I care, obviously, because DSO is clearly selling themselves with stellar play, not their name.

• Advisory Board

how many members of the original DSO line-up are left? Like ORIGINAL original. Any? Not that I care, obviously, because DSO is clearly selling themselves with stellar play, not their name.

DSO's very first show consisted of musician's - John Kadlecik, Scott Larned, Mike Maraat, Kevin Rosen, Ahmer Nizam & Dave Cohen -

Obviously Kevin Rosen is in that mix of musicians, but he took a hiatus for a good bit, but if you don't look at technicalities, our lovable bassist, Kevin, is the oldest member of DSO....

Lisa Mackey comes in second as the most original member since the inception back in 97 as a band member... although I don't think she was a full time band member when she came aboard. First time with DSO was show #66, and she was off and on the bus so to speak (even though at this time there was no bus, just vans), but was onstage for the 70's shows and Original setlists until she became a permanent member, which I have no idea when that was...

Show: 66 • 09/22/1998 Martyrs', Chicago, IL

Setlist: 04-04-1986 Civic Center, Hartford, CT

1: Jack Straw, Dire Wolf, C. C. Rider, Candyman, All Over Now, Crazy Fingers> Greatest> Day Job

2: Touch> L. L. Rain> He's Gone> Smokestack> Drumz> Wheel> Stella Blue> Throwing Stones> Lovelight

Encore: Box Of Rain

Filler: Heart Of Me*, Shakedown*

Notes: *with Lisa Mackay - Mike Hazdra's first Box of Rain

...and as for the crew, our artistic Lighting Director, Bryan Adcock is the oldest crew member remaining since DSO's inception... Bryan came along at show #227

Show: 227 • 10/06/1999 Trax, Charlottesville, VA

Setlist: 07-07-1987 Civic Center, Roanoke, VA

1: Half Step> Walking Blues, Candyman, Esau, Push, Me & My Uncle> Mexicali, Bird Song, Promised

2: West L. A., Cumberland, L. L. Rain> Eyes> Drumz> Wheel> Gimme Some Lovin> Morning Dew> Lovelight

Encore: U. S. Blues

Filler: Hey Pocky Way

Notes: First show with Bryan on lights -

wow... I really don't know what to say.... I will refrain from posting because as I can see a simple statement is no longer a simple statement. Life is to short and there are so many things positive in life to focus on beyond all this. going back and fourth on who is right and wrong and why no love and so on in the end is very telling of the split in this community. It's a shame really.. anyone who doesn't think Furthur has had many effects on DSO in profound ways is kidding themselves. When I come on these boards I come like the rest of you. I don't want my words to carry any more or less weight then others. Like many who precede me I will remove myself from the forum as a personal choice. Not because of anything any one person has said but rather being a band member I can't really say what I want to say and that is frustrating. Long live the music of the Grateful Dead no matter who is playing it...

Peace and out... Rob Eaton

Rob, this response may be too late, but I hope that you will re-consider saying "goodbye" as a contributor to this form, as your advice and opinions here have been more than valuable. For sure, points of view are by nature subjective, and there will always be those that will counter them. I understand that being a band member gives you an outlook that encompasses both the business side of DSO, as well as the self-gratification and emotional side of being in a working family that strives to keep the music of the Grateful Dead live and fresh. Being in that position does make it hard to say what you really mean here sometimes, as there will always be toes that feel stepped on, real or imaginary. The point of debate is to learn and grow, but some folks instinctively feel the need to argue over everything. My advice to you is: please take opinions here with grains of salt... gather what is useful from them, and forget about those that don't mean shit to you.

Since joining this forum, I always smiled when I saw that familiar wolf logo in the left column, and relished reading what you had to say. It made me feel great knowing that some DSO members were willing to spend some of their precious time updating us fans on the news, upcoming shows, family affairs, etc.. I know I am not alone in feeling the loss of having you gone from this forum. Please consider coming back.... we may have an obnoxious bark from time-to-time, but our bite is painless. :)

Peace, and IN

Topher

Rob, this response may be too late, but I hope that you will re-consider saying "goodbye" as a contributor to this form, as your advice and opinions here have been more than valuable. For sure, points of view are by nature subjective, and there will always be those that will counter them. I understand that being a band member gives you an outlook that encompasses both the business side of DSO, as well as the self-gratification and emotional side of being in a working family that strives to keep the music of the Grateful Dead live and fresh. Being in that position does make it hard to say what you really mean here sometimes, as there will always be toes that feel stepped on, real or imaginary. The point of debate is to learn and grow, but some folks instinctively feel the need to argue over everything. My advice to you is: please take opinions here with grains of salt... gather what is useful from them, and forget about those that don't mean shit to you.

Since joining this forum, I always smiled when I saw that familiar wolf logo in the left column, and relished reading what you had to say. It made me feel great knowing that some DSO members were willing to spend some of their precious time updating us fans on the news, upcoming shows, family affairs, etc.. I know I am not alone in feeling the loss of having you gone from this forum. Please consider coming back.... we may have an obnoxious bark from time-to-time, but our bite is painless. :)

Peace, and IN

Topher

+1

Rob, it would be aweful to see you leave here. Your participation on here really does make us feel so much closer to DSO and this is a wonderful thing for us. I personally well go out of my way to NEVER piss you off.

Archived