• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I love me some 90s versions of Stella Blue

I think this one already been posted above:

8/1/1994 @ The Palace

http://www.archive.org/details/gd94-08-01.set2-sbd.georges.1026.sbeok.shnf

While this version does not have the lead chops of the ones many years it's junior, it is an absolute vocal bomb of passion, energy, and spirit. It was the last Stella I ever heard from the GD :(

For sheer off-the-wall random properties, I give you:

3/21/1994 @ Richfield Coliseum

http://www.archive.org/details/gd94-03-21.sbd.ladner.6258.sbeok.shnf

Both of these versions aside, My top years for Stella (although I should say all of them) are: 1977, 1978, and 1991.

Im always tryin to put on the right show to get a spontaneous dance party happening with the folks up here...and we listen to it all but one thing that always gets everyone moving is 93 and 94....There is just something with jerrys voice and the song selections that are fresh and diverse...I think you should try it out with us sometime Jon....It works!

I would love to join you sometime Ty! I will dial in some 93' shows in the meantime...You'll have to come dance on my mountaintop one day as well!

• Forum MVP

IWe need an updated pic of your beautiful baby!

Emmy's first bath!

Emmy_first_bath-1-1.jpg

Her second bath (just turned pro).

Emmy_bathoutfit.jpg

First time going to sleep unswaddled!

_004.jpg

First time lifting her head up from her stomach!

_IMG_9992-1.jpg

First secret shared with her father (she said she likes early Brent!).

_8_17_11040-1.jpg

Emmy's first bath!

Emmy_first_bath-1-1.jpg

Her second bath (just turned pro).

Emmy_bathoutfit.jpg

First time going to sleep unswaddled!

_004.jpg

First time lifting her head up from her stomach!

_IMG_9992-1.jpg

First secret shared with her father (she said she likes early Brent!).

_8_17_11040-1.jpg

Bee-u-tee-ful! Thanks for sharing those! The last one is my fave...I was thinkin" Hey dad Mom's just left for the store, turn up that Stella Blue! Mazel Tov!

Guest Lisacat

David, she is so sweet. I can't wait to meet her! And yes, she does remind me of Stu and Robin's little cutiepie. Its that thick black hair :)

• 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

I loved this Stella while I was at this show.....and I love that I was able to find this video on the web. Actually the whole show cranks. This one is a face-melter and the audio is top- notch. Emmy says.... " TURN IT UP"

BEAUTIFUL girl Dave!! God Bless you and your family.

we danced to 10/21/78 recently in Santa Cruz...lemme tell ya, i ain't NEVER heard ANY Stella shine like that one !!! perhaps it was the Other One preceding it that rearranged all i took as basic foundation, maybe it was just the...um...mindstate, or whataveyou, but still........the jam at the end resounds as one of the most beautiful things i have ever heard...redemption at its finest...

Archived