Msg Run

New York Steve

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see any Furthur bashing here lately.

Then you are not looking. This is the only place I have found on the internet where Furthur bashing is not only accepted, it is rewarded. To my amazemement, even band members have joined in to educate us on Furthur's moral and musical inferiority.

Just a couple of days ago one of the established members of this forum (who, incidentally, hosted the band at Gratefulfest last summer) invited us to ridicule and humiliate Bobby. A couple of days before that another longstanding forum member let us know that Furthur members are greedy f***s. You can find several derogatory comments in this thread alone, all from established members of the starhead community. The flow has slowed, but it is still steady.

The band has paid a hefty price for this, both in dwindling reputation and the consequent loss in ticket sales. Fans who have appealed to the forum to reconsider these behaviors have been bullied and attacked. Witness your attack on scottbe.

C'est la vie. But don't deny that it is happening. It is very real and it has very real consequences.

• Forum MVP

Then you are not looking. This is the only place I have found on the internet where Furthur bashing is not only accepted, it is rewarded. To my amazemement, even band members have joined in to educate us on Furthur's moral and musical inferiority.

Just a couple of days ago one of the established members of this forum (who, incidentally, hosted the band at Gratefulfest last summer) invited us to ridicule and humiliate Bobby. A couple of days before that another longstanding forum member let us know that Furthur members are greedy f***s. You can find several derogatory comments in this thread alone, all from established members of the starhead community. The flow has slowed, but it is still steady.

The band has paid a hefty price for this, both in dwindling reputation and the consequent loss in ticket sales. Fans who have appealed to the forum to reconsider these behaviors have been bullied and attacked. Witness your attack on scottbe.

C'est la vie. But don't deny that it is happening. It is very real and it has very real consequences.

"attack"???.......pls read my post again.......I think you are reaching, my friend. ;)

Guest Ammagamalin Crew

"attack"???.......pls read my post again.......I think you are reaching, my friend. ;)

I still look forward to Hunter playing his songs again on stage. He just does magic with them all, so thought out and engaging.

Guest crazy digits

I am sorry as I am the one who called them greedy fucks.....I am sorry....I was really referring to the promoter which I guess is not fair either. I like smaller venues and I was a little harsh there...sorry again. I agree with you that the tension is super high here...

Here is my spin on all of this. I love the music first and foremost. I CANNOT believe I have two bands to enjoy that play continuously coast to coast, at least for now. I am so grateful for Scott Larned and John Kadlecik taking the leap of faith to put Dark Star Orchestra together! Bottom line is >> without those two, this band (DSO) doesn't exist. I do believe a few folks have forgotten what brought us all together? Afterall, the GD's body of music was just a beautiful memory for me from 1995 until 2001 when I first saw GD music live again (DSO).

I truly believe that anyone in JK's shoes would have done the same exact thing he did when Phil asked him to join Furthur? Just an assumption on my part. I never cared much for Bobby & Phil's bands, having tried on numerous occasions. Furthur was the first band Phil put together that I actually enjoyed. JK was the sole reason, hands down. Without JK in Furthur, I would not be attending.....again, my opinion only. It took several shows for things to gel and it seems like the band is really having fun and playing very well, just my opinion again. The Jerry part has to be good for it to be good. It also seems as though Phil is allowing JK to do more and take control, if you will...again, my opinion.

The other side > I miss JK in DSO, not going to lie. I was upset when JK left, not going to lie. However, things happen for a reason. It appears that the band (DSO) is enjoying themselves more than they ever have and chemistry is the most important thing in this kind of makeup. It is easy to tell > just go to a show! They are happier, more alive and playing a wider selection of music than in previous years. Jeff Matson is a phenomenal guitar player who understands the music to a T....and even a nicer human being.

It is unfair to both JK and Jeff to have to deal with comparisons and so forth. They both are involved with 2 great bands and we are lucky to have them. Just remember why we love this great music and understand that change happens. Sometimes it is for the best!

Love you all and I truly am sorry if I offended you with my comments in a prior post. Peace and Love.

• Forum MVP

I am sorry as I am the one who called them greedy fucks.....I am sorry....I was really referring to the promoter which I guess is not fair either. I like smaller venues and I was a little harsh there...sorry again. I agree with you that the tension is super high here...

Here is my spin on all of this. I love the music first and foremost. I CANNOT believe I have two bands to enjoy that play continuously coast to coast, at least for now. I am so grateful for Scott Larned and John Kadlecik taking the leap of faith to put Dark Star Orchestra together! Bottom line is >> without those two, this band (DSO) doesn't exist. I do believe a few folks have forgotten what brought us all together? Afterall, the GD's body of music was just a beautiful memory for me from 1995 until 2001 when I first saw GD music live again (DSO).

I truly believe that anyone in JK's shoes would have done the same exact thing he did when Phil asked him to join Furthur? Just an assumption on my part. I never cared much for Bobby & Phil's bands, having tried on numerous occasions. Furthur was the first band Phil put together that I actually enjoyed. JK was the sole reason, hands down. Without JK in Furthur, I would not be attending.....again, my opinion only. It took several shows for things to gel and it seems like the band is really having fun and playing very well, just my opinion again. The Jerry part has to be good for it to be good. It also seems as though Phil is allowing JK to do more and take control, if you will...again, my opinion.

The other side > I miss JK in DSO, not going to lie. I was upset when JK left, not going to lie. However, things happen for a reason. It appears that the band (DSO) is enjoying themselves more than they ever have and chemistry is the most important thing in this kind of makeup. It is easy to tell > just go to a show! They are happier, more alive and playing a wider selection of music than in previous years. Jeff Matson is a phenomenal guitar player who understands the music to a T....and even a nicer human being.

It is unfair to both JK and Jeff to have to deal with comparisons and so forth. They both are involved with 2 great bands and we are lucky to have them. Just remember why we love this great music and understand that change happens. Sometimes it is for the best!

Love you all and I truly am sorry if I offended you with my comments in a prior post. Peace and Love.

Nice job, Bix! I think the negativity about FURTHUR and JK has created bad energy and mojo on the boards and turned off many regular posters and/or potential ticket buyers. For some of us, there is room enough for two bands, I would prefer to keep the drama in the other facets of my life.

• Forum MVP

Nice job, Bix! I think the negativity about FURTHUR and JK has created bad energy and mojo on the boards and turned off many regular posters and/or potential ticket buyers. For some of us, there is room enough for two bands, I would prefer to keep the drama in the other facets of my life.

Couldn't agree more........"now for everyone's favorite game, let's take a step back.....and yet another......step back".

I went to both MSG shows. The old guys still rock! Most folks I talked to were thrilled about the Saturday show. A few had mixed feelings about the Sunday's first set.

Bobby was outstanding both on the guitar and vocally. Without Jerry, I now pay more attention to Bobby

well said....

I went to both MSG shows. The old guys still rock! Most folks I talked to were thrilled about the Saturday show. A few had mixed feelings about the Sunday's first set.

Bobby was outstanding both on the guitar and vocally. Without Jerry, I now pay more attention to Bobby

• Forum MVP

Hey now from wifi inflight....Happy Thankgiving to you and your fam...Miss you guys....will we be seeing you this month?

we re going down to hollyweird and solana beach ,got old friends down there i haven t seen in a long time ,.hope to see you if you re making the drive if not enjoy the holidays-peace

• Forum MVP

I missed the whole damn thing and I mean the whole fucking enchilada ... had to sell all my Red Rocks run tix ... missed lots DSO shows , more than any person should be allowed to ... and can't believe I didn't make it to a Furthur MSG show ... hope this never happens again ... :(

See y'all at Montclair , for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

:dsorocks:

Archived