Msg Run

New York Steve

• Forum MVP

probably wasn't them, I suppose if someone said here's a million dollars, go run this hotel for a year in the North Pole, I would probably do it, just sayin...

I'm calling a Dylan appearance at one of these shows, was there in 94 when he came ouf for rainy day woman....

That'd be cool and I know we were going a little crazy in '94 but I can't think of a reason Bob Dylan would play with Furthur....can you?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crazy digits

probably wasn't them, I suppose if someone said here's a million dollars, go run this hotel for a year in the North Pole, I would probably do it, just sayin...

I'm calling a Dylan appearance at one of these shows, was there in 94 when he came ouf for rainy day woman....

You are absolutely correct. I guess I was just thinking smaller venues would have made more sense..I guess my wording was a little mixed up :-)

• Forum MVP

You are absolutely correct. I guess I was just thinking smaller venues would have made more sense..I guess my wording was a little mixed up :-)

Good to see you last night-

I have nothing bad to say about last night's show. There were moments of complete brilliance where I literally had tears in my eyes. Bobby was so good it was scary... I am so stoked for msg...

I think I'm going without a ticket , reason being is that the street vendors may be selling them at discounted prices outside msg , but if not , I'll just grab whatever they have at the box office ... no big deal ...

as of noon today,there are under 200 tickets left for sat.night-thats pretty impressive........there are a ton of sunday tix left thou....i cant wait!

• Forum MVP

I think I'm going without a ticket , reason being is that the street vendors may be selling them at discounted prices outside msg , but if not , I'll just grab whatever they have at the box office ... no big deal ...

Mike,

I don't have tix yet for saturday. Lovely b and myself will be looking for saturday. Pm me and we can grab dinner before... plenty on cl...

as of noon today,there are under 200 tickets left for sat.night-thats pretty impressive........there are a ton of sunday tix left thou....i cant wait!

As of yesterday there was only obstructed view seats available (when I looked) for Sat. nights show!

Sunday appears to be another story!

Peace,

Rob

:dsorocks:

I hope you guys enjoy the show...they performed an acapella (with the exception of Chimenti on keys) "Attics of my Life" in St. Louis that had me in tears. It looked as though Bobby was levitating by the way he was swinging his arms in time to the music. :D

Guest crazy digits

Mike, the promoter for Furthur had stars in his eyes. Reading and Balt, the 2 shows I attended were half full. Tickets were half price, less if you waited. The Garden will be the same, maybe not half full but cheap seats due to the thousands who went out early and bought tix for their friends who won't end up going...peace.

• Forum MVP

Mike, the promoter for Furthur had stars in his eyes. Reading and Balt, the 2 shows I attended were half full. Tickets were half price, less if you waited. The Garden will be the same, maybe not half full but cheap seats due to the thousands who went out early and bought tix for their friends who won't end up going...peace.

that's what I'm thinking to Bix ... Saturday should be easy to score and Sunday should be really easy ...

• Forum MVP

Going to write more about this tomorrow... truly amazing show...

Madison Square Garden, NY

11/21/10

Set I

Truckin'>

Cumberland Blues>

Any Road (George Harrison)

Viola Lee Blues

Cassidy

Eyes of the World>

So Many Roads>

Going Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Set II

Born Cross-Eyed>

The Wheel

Weather Report Suite: Prelude>

Time>

Weather Report Suite: Let It Grow

Unbroken Chain>

Morning Dew>

Playin' In the Band (full with deep space jam and the Reprise)

Encore:

Brokedown Palace

Going to write more about this tomorrow... truly amazing show...

Madison Square Garden, NY

11/21/10

Set I

Truckin'>

Cumberland Blues>

Any Road (George Harrison)

Viola Lee Blues

Cassidy

Eyes of the World>

So Many Roads>

Going Down the Road Feelin' Bad

Set II

Born Cross-Eyed>

The Wheel

Time>

Unbroken Chain>

Morning Dew>

Playin' In the Band (full with deep space jam and the Reprise)

Encore:

Brokedown Palace

Real nice energy here:

• Forum MVP

This was definitely a special one and I do not mean to praise Furthur here for the sake of praising Furthur but last night was a true testament to the fact that this music is undying and will continue to enrich future generations as it has us. If anyone else was there I'd be curious to see how your experience was.

Bob's voice was full and his playing was focused the whole night.. Phil was channeling lines he'd play in the late 70's on these songs.. John was playing the most powerful guitar I've ever heard from him. And note, two Garcia/Hunter ballads in one show with John at the lead.

I was in particular disbelief by the transience of the second set. A lot of the more advanced compositions (Weather Report Suite, Unbroken Chain, Playin' In the Band) were played absolutely flawlessly.. true improvised orchestration is the best way I can describe it. The music was playing the band, indeed.

This...

The Wheel

Time>

...was incredible. One thing I always missed in the past bands of Phil and Bobby were dynamics. A musical quality that the Grateful Dead really understood. They have really worked on this and it showed in last nights music.

:wub:

• Forum MVP

For all you furthur haters-you truely dont understand what you are missing....ive been to over 100 dead/w jerry shows and these 2 msg shows were in the top 10 best shows ive ever seen..furthur w/jk are a band beyond description to say the least!!!

I don't see any Furthur bashing here lately.

So please don't instigate a reprise of such..........it's a played out game at best.

Simply enjoy.........namaste. :cheers:

Archived