*-O.o~:the Schwag:~O.o-*

Pugdog

Pretty easily actually..alot of competition in the STL....It's sort of like a City that has two baseball teams...I don't have that much time to go see live music when I do and it's in that genre (Dead related) I usually see Jakes Leg who has been playing in this town for over 30 years...I don't dislike the Schwag...but much prefer a two guitar lineup as it relates to the Deads music...The Grateful Dead are a two guitar attack...

Stu Allen is very good at what he does...I like him very much...However it's a reach to say he is the best...

"Among the best" would be more accurate...but that's just my opinion...

thats cool!!! i never heard of jakes leg-i would definitly like to check them out!! just out of curiosity(sp??) who do you think is as good as stu or better?

Jake's Leg blows the Schwag away! There is absolutely NO comparison between these two bands. Dave Casper from Jake's Leg eats Stu Allen for lunch! The Schwag are the bottom feeders of St. Louis' outstanding live music scene. The Schwag have been run out of every bar they play in St. Louis. While Jake's Leg continues to play the bars The Schwag have been kicked out of. LOL!!! Also, Jake's Leg in more consistent than The Schwag. I've been following Jake's Leg since 1995, and the band has only made a couple changes. While the Schwag is changing band members ever few months. For all you Jake's Leg virgins, come to the Pageant in St. Louis on 11/24/10 for Jake's Leg 34th anniversary show.

Dave Casper from Jake's Leg eats Stu Allen for lunch! The Schwag are the bottom feeders of St. Louis' outstanding live music scene. The Schwag have been run out of every bar they play in St. Louis. While Jake's Leg continues to play the bars The Schwag have been kicked out of. LOL!!! Also, Jake's Leg in more consistent than The Schwag. I've been following Jake's Leg since 1995, and the band has only made a couple changes. While the Schwag is changing band members ever few months. For all you Jake's Leg virgins, come to the Pageant in St. Louis on 11/24/10 for Jake's Leg 34th anniversary show.

We part ways here as I believe Stu Allen is Daves's equal....no doubt about that...

And I don't share your harsh views of the Schwag...I just prefer Jakes Leg.....Is all...

And Rob thanks for at least representing your colors a bit (Blues and Cardinal Red)..

Hard to tackle NYC all by yourself...Briight Lights Big City out there..

I'll take Stu over Casper any day of the week...and twice on sunday.

Goes to show you don't ever know... :)

Jake's Leg is good...not bad at all, but I'd take The Schwag (virtually any lineup they've had over the years) over Jake's Leg.

St. Louis is blessed to have both if you ask me. I dig the St. Louis's scene too...over Dallas, and certainly over Chicago :icon13:

• Forum MVP

...But hey I would take Chicago over New York every single day..so what do I know....

Who wouldn't? Both cities have shitty weather but Chi crushes NYC!

I mean NYC is a REALLY fun place to visit but....to fucking live there??

As for the baseball team in Stl...I really don't have many good things to say about them....sorry.

They have a good history in terms of winning and tradition, but those teams have always been filled with the worst scumbags known to humankind--from pedophiles to rapists to serial killers to mass murderous dictators.

Because of this, my wife seems to hate them almost as much as I do.

Jake's Leg blows the Schwag away! There is absolutely NO comparison between these two bands. Dave Casper from Jake's Leg eats Stu Allen for lunch! The Schwag are the bottom feeders of St. Louis' outstanding live music scene. The Schwag have been run out of every bar they play in St. Louis. While Jake's Leg continues to play the bars The Schwag have been kicked out of. LOL!!! Also, Jake's Leg in more consistent than The Schwag. I've been following Jake's Leg since 1995, and the band has only made a couple changes. While the Schwag is changing band members ever few months. For all you Jake's Leg virgins, come to the Pageant in St. Louis on 11/24/10 for Jake's Leg 34th anniversary show.

just checked some videos of jakes leg on youtube,seem pretty cool-but you need to stop sniffin dope to say that guy is better is than stu! lol

go to page 1 of this thread and click on 10/30/10 and listen to the 27 min help /slip/ franklins.......

• Forum MVP

Who wouldn't? Both cities have shitty weather but Chi crushes NYC!

I mean NYC is a REALLY fun place to visit but....to fucking live there??

As for the baseball team in Stl...I really don't have many good things to say about them....sorry.

They have a good history in terms of winning and tradition, but those teams have always been filled with the worst scumbags known to humankind--from pedophiles to rapists to serial killers to mass murderous dictators.

Because of this, my wife seems to hate them almost as much as I do.

ok, Dave, I mean...really? Chicago?????

I get it, think your from there, and I get the St. Louis- Chicago rivalry but ny against any place in the world- come on??

I guess it's like the dead, you either get it or you don't...

I tried to turn NYSTEVE onto all good things St. Louis, but he NEVER returned my calls. Wasn't for lack of effort, STEVE. Hope everybody is well.

I was stirring the pot, as I have been known to do. My job sucked and it took all my time so, I apologize for the St. Louie bashing, I never gave it a fair shake...See you soon Rob, I'm in dc now, see you on NY run...

• Forum MVP

ok, Dave, I mean...really? Chicago?????

I get it, think your from there, and I get the St. Louis- Chicago rivalry but ny against any place in the world- come on??

Like I said, I love visiting NYC but I could never live in Manhattan. Maybe it's because I've been to too many GD shows and I've grown to really dislike huge, hairy crowds of people, all trying to get somewhere. Living in that place would be like living in the middle of one huge and hairy crowd. Have you walked around that place on the weekend?

And anyplace in the world? Here's a good one...

somtowersunset.jpg

• Forum MVP

Like I said, I love visiting NYC but I could never live in Manhattan. Maybe it's because I've been to too many GD shows and I've grown to really dislike huge, hairy crowds of people, all trying to get somewhere. Living in that place would be like living in the middle of one huge and hairy crowd. Have you walked around that place on the weekend?

And anyplace in the world? Here's a good one...

somtowersunset.jpg

Blythe? Want to weigh in on all the filth and scum and sadness?

Here's another good place; rush hour is probably pretty chill:

desertisland460.jpg

Archived