Venue Suggestion

Muddy Waters

How about the Blue Note In Columbia Missouri between these two dates...Blue Note would seem right down your alley...

Tue Nov 02 - Copper Dragon [Carbondale, IL]

Address: 700 East Grand Ave

Phone: 800-514-3849

Show at 9:00; 19+

Venue Link | Google Maps

Show

Just Announced

Thu Nov 04 - Granada Theater [Lawrence, KS]

Address: 1020 Massachusetts

Phone: 785-842-1390

Show at 9:00; All Ages

Venue Link | Google Maps

• 2 weeks later...

How about the Blue Note In Columbia Missouri between these two dates...Blue Note would seem right down your alley...

Tue Nov 02 - Copper Dragon [Carbondale, IL]

Address: 700 East Grand Ave

Phone: 800-514-3849

Show at 9:00; 19+

Venue Link | Google Maps

Show

Just Announced

Thu Nov 04 - Granada Theater [Lawrence, KS]

Address: 1020 Massachusetts

Phone: 785-842-1390

Show at 9:00; All Ages

Venue Link | Google Maps

Ask and you shall receive:

Just Announced

Wed Nov 03 - The Blue Note [Columbia, MO]

Address: 17 N. 9th Street

Phone: 573-874-1944

Show @ 8:30; All Ages

Venue Link | Google Maps

Ask and you shall receive:

Just Announced

Wed Nov 03 - The Blue Note [Columbia, MO]

Address: 17 N. 9th Street

Phone: 573-874-1944

Show @ 8:30; All Ages

I think I may just have impressed myself! Rare occurance I assure you..

This three day stretch is what I like to call the "Under the Radar Tour"....only reason I say that is because this is during the week and in college towns..I freakin love it..

I'm approaching 50 but far and away my fav place to catch DSO is in awesome college towns when school is in session...Nothing better than pulling up to a college town like Carbondale, Columbia or Lawrence...in mid afternoon...checking out the bars, record stores, book stores etc...great energy..great venues..Particularly the Blue Note and Granada...Granada being an old movie theater that is beat up to shit but just has that it factor and is relatively small (I like)..I saw them there in 2002 and they played the first Dead show I ever attended..Uptown Theater Chicago Jan 78...I remember running into the late Scott Larned in Lawrence before the show at record store in Lawrence and exchanged pleasentries with him...also the last time they played the Copper Dragon in Carbondale (9/30/02)...my friend Edmaster Web (Freudian Slip) was able to put a bug in Scott's (or someones ear) on my account and played a 1974 Show which was epic - Vancouver....

Like I said if you live in the geographic vicinity this is the perfect and I mean perfect trifecta...

Having said that..My parental responsiblities most likely will only have me catch STL and C-Dale....Maybe Blue Note...

• Forum MVP

Speaking of venue suggestions, I'm bummed that the band seems to prefer The 9:30 Club over the State Theater when passing through DC.

Probably more $$ playing the 9:30 Club, but my god, what a shit hole compared to the venerable State Theater.

Oh well......I'll focus on gratitude and buy a ticket anyway I suppose.

Archived