Grateful Fest

sgrmag2564

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Any info on Grateful Fest? Looking forward to another grate time. Trying real hard to convince some of my 30 year friends to attend this year. making a little headway!

peace,

Joe

I need a miracle, though we are due for a non-july 4th gfest. 05' and 08' were in august, which i actually prefer anyway. Pleeeeaaaassseee

• Forum MVP

I don't have any inside information at all, but I would put my money on a July 4th Gratefulfest. The 4th falls on a Thursday this year, and that would make Gratefulfest run Thurs, Fri, Sat, and Sun as normal.

Check your calender. The fourth is a monday which is actually perfect for the fest. Damnit!!!

• Advisory Board

Gratefulfest might not happen this year... apparently from what I've heard, Evan is not returning phone calls to anyone... Usually this sort of festival needs month of planning on both DSO's and The Ledges part to pull it off... so far, nothing is in the works, not because of DSO, but because of Evan...

Maybe some of us fans needs to start calling him and finding out what the fuck is going on...

• Forum MVP

Gratefulfest might not happen this year... apparently from what I've heard, Evan is not returning phone calls to anyone... Usually this sort of festival needs month of planning on both DSO's and The Ledges part to pull it off... so far, nothing is in the works, not because of DSO, but because of Evan...

Maybe some of us fans needs to start calling him and finding out what the fuck is going on...

This is terrible news. Do you have a phone number where we can reach him? I would gladly give Evan a call and let him know that there is at least one fan who will very much like for there to be a Gratefulfest this year.

Guest crazy digits

Terrible news. I really hope Evan is just enjoying a winter vacation.

can't forget about the polar plunge festival going on right now!

rick, information will get you his number... NLQp.com

• Forum MVP

can't forget about the polar plunge festival going on right now!

rick, information will get you his number... NLQp.com

I will look it up and place a call or some form of communication in the near future. Thanks for the advice buddy.

This doesn't surprise me. Evan has gone underground for some time now. He might be on vacation (out of the country) ... who knows. The fact that he's not returning calls is nothing new. I've been hearing that complaint for over a year now. If he's not returning the bands than that might be something different.

My guess is he will snap out of it and things will be back to norm.

I doubt calling him (see website for the number) is going to help. Most likely you will get an answering machine and it will be listened to by staff. Just sayin .....

• Forum MVP

NLQP has festivals almost every other weekend of the late spring, summer, and early fall ..

with that said I would imagine music will be flowing from the trees in the great playground located in the NW portion of the Buckeye State...

but ... .will Dark Star Orchestra play some of that music this year? .... I am going to go a limb and say yes... will it be "Gratefulfest" and over the 4th is the question ...

• Forum MVP

There was a stealth clause put in some anti-methamphetamine legislature a few years back that stated the promoter of any event is responsible for the actions of the audience . This was brought up by Weir when he was trying to ger us to contact our legislatures to vote against it. It probably passed and so, Evan could be held accountable (like any event promoter) for the actions of the attendees. "Hey Murphy, you have good luck pretty much all the time" "I wouldn't say that, but I do get mine" "When your walking , walking along..... ammagamalin street. try to beat the heat."

Those "anti-rave" provsions are indeed being introduced into more and more states' revised criminal codes. They are not being heavily enforced as such just yet, but like the broader asset forfeiture laws on both the state and federal level they are another tool in the arsenal.

Guest Rob Eaton

I don't post very often for many reasons but here I would say there is very little chance we will be playing Nelson Ledges this year. Evan has given us very little option but to look and book elsewhere. Very sad indeed...

Not our choice.....

I don't post very often for many reasons but here I would say there is very little chance we will be playing Nelson Ledges this year. Evan has given us very little option but to look and book elsewhere. Very sad indeed...

Not our choice.....

Is there anything us fans can do to help influence Evan?

• Forum MVP

Not our choice.....

tuxedo park rob,that place was great last year

Guest Rob Eaton

And just to be clear here (since it seems folks like to stretch what some say) we (DSO booking and Management) have reached out for months in an attempt to get in touch with Evan and NLQP about having Grateful Fest this summer. We still hope that he will return calls but it really does not look good. At this point we have no choice but to entertain offer's from other places for that weekend as we still intend on playing someplace if we can. We love Evan and NLQP and hope everything is OK.....

Don't kill the messenger....

Guest crazy digits

And just to be clear here (since it seems folks like to stretch what some say) we (DSO booking and Management) have reached out for months in an attempt to get in touch with Evan and NLQP about having Grateful Fest this summer. We still hope that he will return calls but it really does not look good. At this point we have no choice but to entertain offer's from other places for that weekend as we still intend on playing someplace if we can. We love Evan and NLQP and hope everything is OK.....

Don't kill the messenger....

Usually when a door closes another opens :-) It will work if it is supposed to.

Archived