Grateful Fest

sgrmag2564

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Um....yes....yes they will.

Let me give you a few saying in terms of DSO and Gratefulfest this year...

"Nothing is set until the ink is dry"

"don't go holding your breath"

"Not so fast my friend"

"don't count your chickens until the eggs are hatched"

Just saying.... hopefully I am wrong but again I refer to the catch phrases listed above...

• Forum MVP

Let me give you a few saying in terms of DSO and Gratefulfest this year...

"Nothing is set until the ink is dry"

"don't go holding your breath"

"Not so fast my friend"

"don't count your chickens until the eggs are hatched"

Just saying.... hopefully I am wrong but again I refer to the catch phrases listed above...

All too true. But never say "never..."

g74762bh3dn.jpg

• Advisory Board

This post nearly made me stain my dockers.....................

poop-pants-caption-contest.jpg

Summer without Gratefulfest is like .......................... shit, I can't of anything as bad as that..............

Hey Anth... can I use your bathroom??

44187704_05608a38cb.jpg

I love the ledges, but does the staff seem to be rude and aggressive? I don't think it's my imagination, some of them seem to be looking for a fight. Is it me ???

One other thing I can't figure out is when is the best time to arrive ?? If you get there early they have chains up restricting the camping areas. They force you to camp on top of each other.

Come a day later and you have more access, anyone else having this problem ?

Peace, Bob

• Forum MVP
does the staff seem to be rude and aggressive?. Is it me ???

Sometimes for larger fests they bring in hired security who sometimes are described by some campers as mean and/or aggressive.

If it's Evan's actual staff then yes it's you. :D

As for getting the camp spot you want, I go where they tell me and that always leads to meeting fun new people. Nowhere is "go with the flow" better advice, sez me.

• Forum MVP

Sometimes for larger fests they bring in hired security who sometimes are described by some campers as mean and/or aggressive.

If it's Evan's actual staff then yes it's you. biggrin.gif

As for getting the camp spot you want, I go where they tell me and that always leads to meeting fun new people. Nowhere is "go with the flow" better advice, sez me.

Wherever you go, you can't do much better than Camp You Are Here.

• Forum MVP
Still waiting on the official word if Gratefulfest is a go or a no go.....
Well just when you think you know what's what Evan and our booking office have had a long chat
I say that sounds purty locked in to me.

:D

I beleive a few years ago it was Dave that helpped me find a good camping spot.
:blush: Thanks Doc! I'd forgotten that!

I used to prefer to camp in The Meadows. In 2008, The Meadows was roped off and was told where to turn and follow the road until I found a spot I liked. Without knowing (because the sign was not hung up yet), I chose to camp right beside Camp You Are Here.

Goes to show that andDave is correct when he wrote, "I go where they tell me and that always leads to meeting fun new people."

In summary, don't worry about area placement and which road you get lead to. Just be smart to choose a spot where your neighbors are just as kind as you are. I take a bike to Gfest and roam the whole place. I've run into some areas where the neighbors are way too noisy and inconsiderate of others (for example: neighbors that are blaring techno music non stop all day and night). Watch out for that. I usually arrive on Wednesday.

The staff is usually worn out and have little patience for people especially when people are asking for an exception to the rule on some issue. You just have to take it with a grain of salt. Some are more moody than others. Some wave back at you when you wave and some don't. I still wave at them whether they wave back or not.

I think it is especially kind to wave to the crew cleaning out the port-o-potties. They perform an especially valuable service. And to the undercover guys, as they seem to bask in public recognition...

I'll wave at the port-o-potty man but I won't shake his hand. ;)

I think it is especially kind to wave to the crew cleaning out the port-o-potties. They perform an especially valuable service. And to the undercover guys, as they seem to bask in public recognition...

Yea, I rented a pop-up from the navy last year. There was a guy in the campsite across from us selling some canibis (some really good canibis I might add). He chatted with us for a while and walked on. A couple days later I saw him and he told me the story of getting busted by a couple of the undercover guys at the ledges. Then, he wanted to know why my pop-up had U.S. Government license plates. He was sure that I was the cop that got him busted. After a few minutes of chatting, he didn't think that anymore...I wonder how many other people there thought I was a narc...lol

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

Just spotted on NLQP.com:

Welcome everyone!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR AN AMAZING 2010!!!

2009 & 10 photos still coming, I hope...

2011 festivals in the works below. Lots to come!

April 22-24

Earlybird Gathering

Our annual, first get-together of the season.

Waterband, Jim Miller Band, Sultans Of Bing

and many more to come.

April 29th-May1st

Blossom Blast/Spring Hookah

2 more incredible spring nights with Ekoostik Hookah!

Special guests- The Revolution Brass Band, Must Stash Hat

Floor Walkers, Aliver Hall, H-Beam, Haydens Calling

Chris Hatton and many great special guests to come.

June 3rd-5th

Summer Kick-off w/ Badfish

Kicking off the summer season once again with Badfish!

Also returning, #1 Dave Mathews tribute- Trippin Billies

Many more bands to be added!

June 10th-12th

Floyd/Zeppelin Classic Fest

Returning once again- Several Species, Kashmir, Brittbeat

Limelight, Going For The One. Incredible lasers/lights/sound!

Many more bands to be added soon.

July 1st-4th

Gratefulfest #12

Lots to come. Stay tuned.

:rolleyes:

• Forum MVP

Just spotted on NLQP.com:

Welcome everyone!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR AN AMAZING 2010!!!

2009 & 10 photos still coming, I hope...

2011 festivals in the works below. Lots to come!

July 1st-4th

Gratefulfest #12

Lots to come. Stay tuned.

:rolleyes:

FUCK YES. I am there.

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

FUCK YES. I am there.

:dsorocks:

I'm in, July 30th(or earlier) til the the night of the 2nd, and then an all night ride home to get back in time for sister's wedding. Who the hell gets married July 4th!!??! Well, probably a lot of people, but come on!!!

• Forum MVP

I'm in, July 30th(or earlier) til the the night of the 2nd, and then an all night ride home to get back in time for sister's wedding. Who the hell gets married July 4th!!??! Well, probably a lot of people, but come on!!!

Lets go up the 28th or 29th to extend your camping stay. The having to leave part sucks, but god willing your sister will only get married once and you have to be there. Picking the 4th is very patriotic.

Archived