West Coast Tour

Guest L~Cat

Guest Lisacat

just got an email from Jambase notifying me Reno was tagged onto the end of the very nice 4 night run in the Bay Area (Knitting Factory April 10) The Knitting Factory is a decent venue...had a great show there a year ago.

Looking forward to the run even though it seems like a LONG time away!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Snoopy

Wow....all that and a bag of chips. What could be better than living on the west coast? Living on the west coast and seeing killer shows. Enjoy :)

• Forum MVP

I can't recall a time DSO ended a tour on a Friday instead of a Saturday...

with that said...

Thursday April 14th - Boulder

Friday April 15th - Boulder

Saturday April 16th - ???

I would love to buy my airline tickets for a 3 day Boulder run.... so WTF ?!?... (what the flip is up home slices)

Guest Lisacat

I can't recall a time DSO ended a tour on a Friday instead of a Saturday...

with that said...

Thursday April 14th - Boulder

Friday April 15th - Boulder

Saturday April 16th - ???

I would love to buy my airline tickets for a 3 day Boulder run.... so WTF ?!?... (what the flip is up home slices)

how bout 3 nights at the Great American instead Matt?

Guest Lisacat

I think the maybe Seattle and the 2 Oregon shows or the 3 SF GAMH shows may be the future for me , fingers crossed ... I haven't been up north in a while and I miss it ...

if you've never been to the Mcdonald theatre, I recommend that.... (though the showbox in seattle isn't everyones favorite)

• Forum MVP

Portland is the one with the bouncy floor....

MacDonald in Eugene ... I am not a fan.... it has a very sharp incline and is not the greatest in terms of standing/dancing for a show... one man's experience....

is the theater in pdx the one with the bouncy floor ?......

Now the city of Eugene reminds me of a quote from a famous movie that was filmed on the campus of Oregon

"Do you mind if we dance with your dates"

• Forum MVP

"MacDonald in Eugene ... I am not a fan.... it has a very sharp incline and is not the greatest in terms of standing/dancing for a show... one man's experience...."

That is where dancing in the lobby comes in...if only they could be persuaded to dim the lights a tab. Of course line of sight views of the band are somewhat limited, but if you're dancing then your eyes aren't really glued on them anyway...another man's experience...

"I, I, I, wake up and wonder, what was the place, what was the name?"

Guest Lisacat

MacDonald in Eugene ... I am not a fan.... it has a very sharp incline and is not the greatest in terms of standing/dancing for a show... one man's experience....

That is where dancing in the lobby comes in...if only they could be persuaded to dim the lights a tab. Of course line of sight views of the band are somewhat limited, but if you're dancing then your eyes aren't really glued on them anyway...another man's experience...

"I, I, I, wake up and wonder, what was the place, what was the name?"

Don't let him fool you. Its one of his favorite venues in the country.

• Forum MVP

if you've never been to the Mcdonald theatre, I recommend that.... (though the showbox in seattle isn't everyones favorite)

I have a feeling it's going to be SF ... in on Thurs afternoon , out on Sun evening ... short sweet and fun ... doing it the old school way , use mas-transportation to get around , get a cheep hotel in the tenderloin and plenty of stops a Tommy's Joynt for eats ... it's a plan in the works anyway ...

Guest Lisacat

I just remember the last thing they played at that place (I think) was the best encore (on paper) in history.

E) Terrapin>Sing Me Back Home

That was beautiful.....remember it vividly....was the last night of a really amazing tour.

and actually to expound more on the McDonald- the venue set up itself really is nothing too special...it is a slanted floor, but I just go up front where there is no slant and its basically an old theatre with the seats taken out. But the history in that venue, the kind venue staff, the Eugene crowd, and all those little things about it (like the Further bus outside) make it really special.

Guest jazz-man

What Lisa said. I am partial to the Crystal Ballroom and it's boucy floor but the Macdonald is cool for all the reasons stated. The floor is pretty sloped so I get up close or get a drink in the bar. A younger crowd some since it's a college town. The Showbox...meh.

Guest Lisacat

What Lisa said. I am partial to the Crystal Ballroom and it's boucy floor but the Macdonald is cool for all the reasons stated. The floor is pretty sloped so I get up close or get a drink in the bar. A younger crowd some since it's a college town. The Showbox...meh.

yea, I like the Crystal mostly, however I wish that they would do 21 and over only. It really screws up the feng shui in the room with the way they put that barrier down the middle. I also am not a fan of their no re-entry policy.....wonder if they put that rooftop deck in.

"meh" about showbox...exactly. they have dance police.

what can I say....guess I'm a venue snob.

anyone ever been to Mt Baker Theatre? Looks like a beautiful old theatre with great history....hopefully they allow dancing.

I have a feeling it's going to be SF ... in on Thurs afternoon , out on Sun evening ... short sweet and fun ... doing it the old school way , use mas-transportation to get around , get a cheep hotel in the tenderloin and plenty of stops a Tommy's Joynt for eats ... it's a plan in the works anyway ...

Sounds good Mike...GAMH is one of my fave all time venues and the band will have a few shows under their belts... :)

• Forum MVP

It actually works out that no DSO show in Boulder on the 16th...

I teach on Thursday ... catch a flight to Denver in time for the show Thursday night.... my Spring Break starts Friday so I miss no work.... hit the Friday show and then fly back on Saturday.... flights on Saturday are half the price as flghts on Sunday....

so 2 DSO shows in one of my favorite towns ..... can't beat that.... :wacko:

• Forum MVP

I'm a little surprised to hear you say this. I think it's a terrible venue...Is it all about the lobby? Cause it wasn't loud enough out there and the iights were rather bright. I'll take the crytsal ballrom anyday over that place.

Archived