1/22/11 Vic Chicago

franzerbeak

11-07-87 Henry J. Kaiser Convention Center, Oakland, Ca. (Sat)

1: No Packer Way, Jack Straw, Row Jimmy, Masterpiece, Dupree's, Box Of Rain, Cassidy, Might As Well

2: Uncle John> Playin> Terrapin> Drumz> jam> I need Miracle this sunday> Black Peter> Throwing Stones> NFA E1: NFA> Heaven's Door, Saturday Night

Filler: Run for the roses

highlights hey pocky way, jack straw, cassidy, terrapin, jam out of drums, run for the roses

lights were blue and orange for a lot of the night. go bears!

great show!

• Forum MVP

The drums were shaking the earth. From the playin jam through miracle was rolling thunder with music painted on it. Eaton sang Throwin with an extra belt of conviction, fairly roaring the "rich man" bit, and Mattson launched the jam to stellar heights on another drumquake. NFA was almost reduced to an aftershock by Throwin.

:) Big fun and an excellent show/venue/crowd match, Mr. Eaton.

• Forum MVP

Just noticed this review in chicagojamscene.com by a self-proclaimed non-Deadhead. A different perspective is refreshing (even though most of us would not agree that Knocking on Heaven's Door is a snoozer) and I enjoyed seeing this more novice point of view. 1/22/11 Dark Star Orchestra, words & photos by Frazier. Enjoy!

• Forum MVP

Just noticed this review in chicagojamscene.com by a self-proclaimed non-Deadhead. A different perspective is refreshing (even though most of us would not agree that Knocking on Heaven's Door is a snoozer) and I enjoyed seeing this more novice point of view. 1/22/11 Dark Star Orchestra, words & photos by Frazier. Enjoy!

A good read with an interesting perspective, as you said. Plus great pics! I did find it interesting to see what he considered to be yawn-inducing.

And then there is this: "...I decided that this was the finest I've ever heard the Dead played live. Their attention to detail seemed astronomical. Their chemistry was undeniable. The sound was rich & crisp. This was better than Furthur." cheers.gif

• Forum MVP

A good read with an interesting perspective, as you said. Plus great pics! I did find it interesting to see what he considered to be yawn-inducing.

And then there is this: "...I decided that this was the finest I've ever heard the Dead played live. Their attention to detail seemed astronomical. Their chemistry was undeniable. The sound was rich & crisp. This was better than Furthur." cheers.gif

Yes, Indeed.

• Forum MVP

Thanks for the link. I could not possibly agree more strongly with Frazier's take on the Vic. Some of my Chicago friends and I have a saying; "The Vic does not want you in it." It might take a NYE to get me back into that room.

Archived