Yes!

chuckvegas

• Forum MVP

MTV bringing back 'Beavis and Butt-Head'

Feb. 3, 2011, 3:03 PM ESTMSN Entertainment

If "Dallas" and "Charlie's Angels" can make a comeback on TV, why can't "Beavis & Butt-Head" return, too?

BeavisButthead_240.jpg Beavis and Butt-Head (©AP

On Wednesday, MTV said its popular animated show about channel-surfing, metalhead high school losers would return.

The half-hour comedy ran from 1993 to 1997 and was highly controversial for its time. Early episodes showed the boys' obsession with fire, which was quickly toned down by the censors. The show also is known for offering running commentary on music videos between animated shorts.

The series, created by "Office Space" director Mike Judge (who voiced both animated idiots), spawned the 1996 film "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America," which featured the voices of Bruce Willis, David Letterman and Demi Moore, and it spawned a spin-off called "Daria."

MTV execs said the new "Beavis and Butt-Head" episodes would begin airing this summer.

Wow! AC/DC and Metallica are still around, but what current band is going to fill the Winger slot. I think todays kids might miss the joke on that one.

bon jovi?

Not really comparable to WInger, but I could see B&B ridiculing Stuart if he was wearing a bon jovi t-shirt. However, I would also have to add that I'm not really sure how many younger kids even follow AC/DC and Metallica.anymore.

Archived