Talking During Sets...especially Ballads

Gypsy Bob

Going to see David Bromberg at The Egg in Albany Saturday night. I suspect the only crowd noise will be coming from snoring from the Geezer component of the audience as we 60 plusers try to stay awake past our bed time...I'll report on Sunday (Afternoon) ;)

Hope you had a great show. Saw him with Jorma and Barry last year in Atlanta - one of the best shows I've ever been to. Very respectful crowd.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In this age of technology, I am not sure what I dislike more, having to stand near folks that never stop talking or standing behind folks that cannot stop holding up phones etc. to take pictures/videos........

Guest Lisacat

In this age of technology, I am not sure what I dislike more, having to stand near folks that never stop talking or standing behind folks that cannot stop holding up phones etc. to take pictures/videos........

or the folks that decide to videotape YOU at a show. I've already grabbed a camera out of someone's hand once I realized they were taping me and not the band. Besides outright groping, there is nothing more violating at a show.

I have to say though, this band has some of the best audiences....we are quite spoiled. Out of the 10 shows I did on this last tour (it was all west coast, so that also makes a huge difference too), I can think of 1 venue "dance police" security issue (seattle-but that was expected) and 2 people in the crowd that I had to "move"....both in SF. Not bad for 10 shows.

The WORST crowd I've ever been in was JGB in Lake Tahoe. And I mean worse than the Starland Ballroom. I'd do a 5 night run at Starland over 1 night at that place in Tahoe. (Mo's Place in South Lake Tahoe...never again. Thank goodness they are playing Crystal Bay next weekend)

I should add my most recent experience was not at at DSO concert, but rather Furthur. That said, shockingly my companion for this show, luckily for me was standing next to me, and made this video, unbeknownst to me. I guess I was too focused othe screens in front of me, rather than next to me. He did do a good job, but I feel sorry fr the folks standing in the row behind him.

I should add my most recent experience was not at at DSO concert, but rather Furthur. That said, shockingly my companion for this show, luckily for me was standing next to me, and made this video, unbeknownst to me. I guess I was too focused othe screens in front of me, rather than next to me. He did do a good job, but I feel sorry fr the folks standing in the row behind him.

That backdrop is absolutely amazing. Is that projected onto the wall?

• 2 weeks later...

Hunter says it best: "Well, it's just one in ten thousand that come for the show."

Abraham and Issac diggin on a well

Mamma come quick with the water witch spell

cool clear water where ya cant even tell

Is that the Greatest Story Ever Told or what? :)

Archived