Anchorage, Alaska

Herdygerdy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It can be, I usually spend a week up there in August every year. by mid August the silver salmon run is in full swing. Don't know about the DSO run but it is somewhat on the way back from Japan. If so I'm in.

• Advisory Board

It can be, I usually spend a week up there in August every year. by mid August the silver salmon run is in full swing. Don't know about the DSO run but it is somewhat on the way back from Japan. If so I'm in.

I would hope it would be on the way back from Japan (just heard they signed Widespread Panic as well), and hopefully the band and crew won't be glowing, but from what I'm hearing, it would likely be towards the mid to end of August... Checked plane tix to Anchorage, and R/T from Portland is $585... not to bad, since driving would take 2 days and 2 hours, per Google Maps.. and that's driving non-stop... Probably would be a beautiful drive, but dunno if Canada would let me in! :P

3 days of music all over Alaska would be a dream trip... Been to 38 out of 50 states, and Alaska is one I defiantly need to hit! Just remember to pack the mesquito netting and bug spray, from what I hear, the blood suckers up there can drain a Caribou in a matter of minutes! If this does happen, I suggest those who can make the trip should all coordinate together and rent some van(s)... It isn't easy to get from city to city there... think a west coast tour is bad? Alaska is over twice the state of Texas in size! That's alot of ground to cover!

Even better, Alaska is about as far away from New Jersey as you can get!!! :P :P :P

• Forum VIP

I think Teacher Matt should drive from Vegas to Alaska in the HONDA as a Swan Song for that Legendary Car of his....he could Blog about it all the way up...I just looked up the milage... its 3400 miles to Achorage...It would be a great summer adventure...Prescott

It is a huge drive, and even though they advertise the Alcan as being fully paved, it is gravel in many places. I lost three headlights and a windshield from impatient drivers throwing up gravel.

The bugs are truly outrageous, as is everything up there

Checked plane tix to Anchorage, and R/T from Portland is $585... not to bad, since driving would take 2 days and 2 hours, per Google Maps.. and that's driving non-stop... Probably would be a beautiful drive, but dunno if Canada would let me in! :P

Not to encourage anyone to get a credit card, but if you get an Alaska Airlines Visa they give you 25000 free miles and a $99 companion fee. Right now a rt ticket out of Portland is 32500 miles or you can use 20000 miles to drop the price $200. Or buy a full price ticket and use the companion for $99 and get 2 tickets. Mid to late August is the best time for Silver salmon to be in the rivers.

• Forum MVP

going to get the oil changed in The Teacher Honda Civic .... and brush up on my Soviet history while drinking vodka and growing wheat.....

now lets see.... it was Lenin then Stalin and then the short chubby bald guy who banged his shoe at the UN while yelling something to the likes of "we will bury you"

OK - I think I am ready.. :unsure:

Guest crazy digits

I would hope it would be on the way back from Japan (just heard they signed Widespread Panic as well), and hopefully the band and crew won't be glowing, but from what I'm hearing, it would likely be towards the mid to end of August... Checked plane tix to Anchorage, and R/T from Portland is $585... not to bad, since driving would take 2 days and 2 hours, per Google Maps.. and that's driving non-stop... Probably would be a beautiful drive, but dunno if Canada would let me in! :P

3 days of music all over Alaska would be a dream trip... Been to 38 out of 50 states, and Alaska is one I defiantly need to hit! Just remember to pack the mesquito netting and bug spray, from what I hear, the blood suckers up there can drain a Caribou in a matter of minutes! If this does happen, I suggest those who can make the trip should all coordinate together and rent some van(s)... It isn't easy to get from city to city there... think a west coast tour is bad? Alaska is over twice the state of Texas in size! That's alot of ground to cover!

Even better, Alaska is about as far away from New Jersey as you can get!!! :P :P :P

...bound to cover just a little more ground.....

Guest Rob Eaton

whoever started this rumor needs to get their head examined.... We are NOT scheduled to play Alaska..... Come on people!

• Forum MVP

whoever started this rumor needs to get their head examined.... We are NOT scheduled to play Alaska..... Come on people!

whew.... I for one was having a hard time trying to figure out why USSR is CCCP in Russian.....

weight off of my shoulders ! ... :blink:

So does that mean Hawaii instead ? ... :wacko:

not only am I getting an oil change in The Teacher Honda Civic... I am taking it to the 007 workshop to get it made into one of them there boatcars .... :wacko:

Better talk to our friends the Cubans...I hear they have some pretty good ideas on that!

capt.mh10102041628.cuba_boat_car_mh101-thumb.jpg

Guest Rob Eaton

we are NOT playing Alaska..... Delete this thread! and a note to those who insist on spreading rumors about DSO's schedule on our official site.... Let us (DSO) announce our dates! We don't need help from people not in the know with no idea what we are doing setting our schedule! for us! As a matter of fact, if you are a friend and get inside info from a band or crew member keep it to yourself I ask that respectively to ALL concerned ...... NO ALASKA move on!

• Advisory Board

No.. I don't think I will delete this thread...

For your information, nothing came from a band member or crew about the whole Alaska thing, and no one is stating that it did come from anyone... This may be your "Official" DSO message board, but remember who is paying the bill for this message board... WE ARE! Not one penny comes from DSO, it comes from the members, and as a paid member of this board, I'll post what I want.;..

All you had to do is PM me, and ask for this thread to be removed, but calling me out (since I was the original thread poster), and making me look like a fucking asshole, I refuse to remove it...

Now... back to our regularly scheduled Alaska dream... may it be real or not, whats wrong with talking about it... nothing negative what so ever about anything on this thread except from a band member to his fans... really nice...

northgear17.jpg

No.. I don't think I will delete this thread...

For your information, nothing came from a band member or crew about the whole Alaska thing, and no one is stating that it did come from anyone... This may be your "Official" DSO message board, but remember who is paying the bill for this message board... WE ARE! Not one penny comes from DSO, it comes from the members, and as a paid member of this board, I'll post what I want.;..

All you had to do is PM me, and ask for this thread to be removed, but calling me out (since I was the original thread poster), and making me look like a fucking asshole, I refuse to remove it...

Now... back to our regularly scheduled Alaska dream... may it be real or not, whats wrong with talking about it... nothing negative what so ever about anything on this thread except from a band member to his fans... really nice...

northgear17.jpg

:icon14:

Alaska would be fun...

just drifting n dreaming

maybe a place you've never been

maybe a place you've never seen

go on dreaming your life away...

Archived