Anchorage, Alaska

Herdygerdy

• Advisory Board

:icon14:

Alaska would be fun...

Along with many others that I keep in almost daily contact with, we all have talked about how much we've all wanted to go to Alaska and take in the breath taking views that the largest state our country has to offer.. Course, when talking to deadheads, regardless of what the topic is about Alaska, we often refer to The Dead's 3 night run through Alaska and think about how awesome it would be for DSO to play there.. Which of course, lead me to post about this topic.. I mean, coming back from Japan would definatly make it possible for them to pop in for a few days, since it is on the way back to the mainland... but if it happens or not, Alaska is definatly a place I would want to visit before I'm to old to travel and have the energy to wander through the wilderness that Alaska brings to the table.

Dreaming about the wild fronteer... I hope one day I'll make it!! :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rob Eaton

talk all you want but we are not going to Alaska. In the future I will keep my trap shut..... People have big mouths! It's obvious someone said something. I know because I mentioned we "might" have an offer in Alaska to band and crew ONLY. Those things are not meant to be posted for all to read when the info is dubious at best. I would hope that would be obvious but I guess not. I will in the future just keep my mouth shut. In the end it's my fault.

• Forum MVP

So do I need to learn Russian or freaking not ... :blink::wacko:

disclaimer - I really thought I have made some funny funny comments on the whole Russian thing in regards to them previously owning Alaska... and not one person gave me props... I am hurt deep down hurt...

plus we all know we bought Alaska from Donald Trump ..... duh ... :blink::wacko:

• Forum MVP

On a serious note -

I think that the love and devotion the DSO fanbase shows to the band should not be taken and trashed...

If you play Alaska or don't play Alaska .... I highly doubt it will keep Teacher Matt, Herdy, Press, Chuck Vegas, Greg, etc etc etc from going to shows and letting people know how good of a band you are...

we are your fans ... don't piss in our cereal....

Rob - take a look at the thread started a few days ago about the goofball starting "Furthur vs DSO" and look how I and others stick up for you and the band !!!

Guest crazy digits

talk all you want but we are not going to Alaska. In the future I will keep my trap shut..... People have big mouths! It's obvious someone said something. I know because I mentioned we "might" have an offer in Alaska to band and crew ONLY. Those things are not meant to be posted for all to read when the info is dubious at best. I would hope that would be obvious but I guess not. I will in the future just keep my mouth shut. In the end it's my fault.

Rob, true or not, it would be awesome...If it doesn't happen, thats fine too...I don't think anyone here is going to jump off the bridge if it never happens....its all good....no harm done in my opinion....rumor mills are a part of life and people get excited when they hear things like that...have a better week.

• Advisory Board

Look... I had a very bad day at work yesterday, so I was in an extremely pissy mood before I read anything...

No hard done.... we all have our bad days...

and for the record... work sucks... first time in 9 years I've had a boss, and it's taking alot of getting used to... I dunno how you people put up with the higher up's... I now remember why I left working for other people behind almost a decade ago...

Unfortunatly with this shitty economy.. I have no choice but to be someone's bitch with shitty pay...

• Advisory Board

Just in case the dream comes true, here's a good instrument to add for the trip. May need a few more roadies...

Now THAT was COOL AS HELL!!

Wonder how long it took to make that monster?!

• 1 month later...
  • Forum MVP

Um......

North to Alaska after all....

This is what we in the Midwest call a Looooooooooooong weekend..

:blink::wacko::blink:

I didn't believe it until I saw it with my own eyes on the DSO site. Holy macaroni! I am glad Eaton + co. didn't scuttle this mission back when it was being discussed. Think these shows will bring it.......? My bet is HELLS YES!

• Forum MVP

Check the schedule page...Healey and Fairbanks....

Sorry - i edited my earlier post after I went to the website and saw it. My god......I mean.....2nd mortgage here I come?!? :unsure:

• Forum MVP

I have checked flights and costs .... with those being quite high and the fact that school is in session...

I will not be in attendance...

at least I don't have to learn Russian.... cuz isn't Alaska like one of the Soviet Republics and part of that damn Communist bloc ..

:wacko::blink::wacko:

whew.... I for one was having a hard time trying to figure out why USSR is CCCP in Russian.....

weight off of my shoulders ! ... :blink:

So does that mean Hawaii instead ? ... :wacko:

That damn cyrillic alphabet. Nyet.

Okay so a possible lifetime experience available.I live in NY have a rv and dogs.Just throwing this thought out riders?No goodies going through border patrol.I hear Vancouver is nice.Used to know good people from there anyway i digress.Anyone know if there is another border check going INTO alaska.I trust the Alaskans will be prepared to party down.Going to mapquest right now.I am sure this will be Mighty expensive,most likely worth it.Peace

Archived