Who Where When

anddave

• Forum MVP

Who is this, at where, and when?

:)

Fabulous prizes for the right answer.

Lesser prizes for creative wrong answers.

...and by "prizes" I mean lovely compliments posted in this thread.

whowhenwhere01.jpg

• Forum MVP

so if this is in "other bands", does that mean it's not anyone in the Dead either? cause we both thought Phil in the early 70s at first but the Deviled Egg's next guess if it's not a Dead member is Jack Casady... but the where and when is quite beyond either of us... but can't wait to hear the answer and other guesses :)

• Forum MVP

Good question (and guesses) Mrs. D.

I'm trying to resist the urge to give hints,

but I will answer the question about placement.

"Other Bands" means other than DSO.

Big Bird in drag....

I mean yea, I can see that. It was my second guess. But you only answered 1 of the 3 questions. Where was Big Bird at? What date?

I guess he was on Sesame Street, but what gig? Early 70's when he was still creative or the 90s where he was wore down?

• Forum MVP

:) Bobby's fashion sense is tough to conceal. Nice job by everone deducing the "who" part. Kudos to cm_hayden for taking a shot at when.

For all I know, Bobby could have sported those argyles many times, although I kinda doubt it. Anyway, this photo is from one particular time, and it is not 73.

I'll give a hint. The tune being played in the photo is Casey Jones.

:D ...and as far as I know Big Bird never wore argyles.

• Forum MVP
Sorry, I didn't get on the bus till 71

No apologies necessary!! I promised compliments and I ay kudos to you for a good effort! Don't count yourself out. This image is definitely post-71.

I apologize. My response was 100% joke. I had no intention of getting any part of the answer correct.

No apologies necessary!! It must be only 99% joke because you got the who.

Now on to a real hint. This performance was seen by many more than were there... including me.

• Forum MVP

Winner(s) (who are interested) will receive on CD a copy of a lovely audience recording of a very fun Bobby and the Midnights show from 1980 Nov 4 Orpheum Boston (if they PM me their snailmail). It's a cheesy prize because you can download it yourself but it's a little bit of work to find and get, and I happen to have it ready to burn right here, so that's a prize from the "just barely better than nothing" department. Delivery times may vary widely.

• Forum MVP

I'm betting it's at that show in France at some chateau that was aired on TV and now circulates. 1971 I think, in a place called Herouville? Phil's in that V-necked sweater and pink collared shirt, Pigpen's looking thin, etc.

Now THAT is a guess!! :) ...and great use of the clue.

Alas, not correct, but a heck of a good and detailed guess!

Midnights show, Rusty? Send PM anytime.

To reward Rusty's effort, another hint: This particular Casey was followed, somewhat indirectly, by a Miracle.

• Forum MVP

Now THAT is a guess!! :) ...and great use of the clue.

Alas, not correct, but a heck of a good and detailed guess!

Midnights show, Rusty? Send PM anytime.

To reward Rusty's effort, another hint: This particular Casey was followed, somewhat indirectly, by a Miracle.

Well I guess its 8/1978 or later with the Miracle clue. Hmmmmmmm.....

• Forum MVP

Yes the winner is Rusty the Scoob with the correct answer SNL 11/11/78, 19 years to the day before the first DSO show would occur. Don Pardo, tell Rusty what he's won!

;)

GdSnl01.jpg

• Forum MVP
The funny coincidence about your choice of the Bobby and the Midnights prize is that I'm currently sitting about 3 blocks from the venue. B)

Nice! Well if you want that show, PM info. Thanks for playing and well done!!

Archived