Busts At Nlqp

flairblair

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

What's wrong with a little pizza and bud on "our time"?

For real... We all know how to act and who we can trust by now. Keep with who you know and watch everyone's back and all will be fine.

Guest Mr. Dad

As a responsible dad bringing two boys (2 and 4) I am glad there is a presence that will keep people in check. I have been to NLQP 6-8 times starting in 2002. I have had one bad visit due to horrible camping neighbors that should have been thrown out of the park. Imagine your one getaway a year being ruined by inconsiderate, out of control, dumbasses.

We are on the fence about going this year. We are hoping that Superball IX will draw most of the flat brims away. (we would go to SBIX if we had a babysitter).

I'm getting old and losing patience with rude people.

I love NLQP.

Best venue ever.

• Forum MVP

What is Superbowl IX ??

www.superballix.com

Phish. Ugh. I expect that this event will pull a portion of the tweakin, dirt-surfin, lot-wookies away from NLQP. For those that remain......I heard the the quarry is VERY deep and it would be tough to find anyone that sank all the way to the bottom. I'm only kidding........sort of.

I think this is something that everyone should keep in mind.

And everyone absolutely needs to please remember that asset forfeiture laws are on the books on the federal level and in every state. Ohio is no exception. Remember the Camp Zoe experience.

Indeed...be intelligent my music loving Brethren, or there will be no more NLQP.

REMEMBER CAMP ZOE

Guest Mr. Dad

Indeed...be intelligent my music loving Brethren, or there will be no more NLQP.

REMEMBER CAMP ZOE

Just read about camp zoe for the first time.

Why cant we all just get along?

www.superballix.com

Phish. Ugh. I expect that this event will pull a portion of the tweakin, dirt-surfin, lot-wookies away from NLQP. For those that remain......I heard the the quarry is VERY deep and it would be tough to find anyone that sank all the way to the bottom. I'm only kidding........sort of.

Not funny. One band doesn't carry all of the "tweakin, dirt-surfin, lot-wookies." ALL jam bands contain these individuals. There will be two big festivals during Gfest: Superball IX and Electric Forest ( the old Rothbury). There will still be questionable individuals that will come to Gfest.

• Forum MVP
There will still be questionable individuals
...everywhere you go, but having two high-profile places to compete for their attention ain't bad.

:D

• Forum MVP

Not funny. One band doesn't carry all of the "tweakin, dirt-surfin, lot-wookies." ALL jam bands contain these individuals. There will be two big festivals during Gfest: Superball IX and Electric Forest ( the old Rothbury). There will still be questionable individuals that will come to Gfest.

I wasn't trying to make you laugh Jimo. If you think that the Phish contingent does not contain a disproportionate amount of this 'unwanted element' then you have not been to a Phish show lately. I am not a huge fan of these guys although they are very talented musicans. I used to see them regularly but have since stopped. their music never really 'spoke' to me but it was the scene that was the straw that broke the camels back. There are some good people there but there is an awful lot of N20 huffin, shady dealin, disrespectful, assholes > ALOT of them.

Will Gfest have some of this element? Sure. Personally, I see no problem with making this element 'uncomfortable' if they are doing things that spoil the vibe. If this same kind of atmosphere is rampant at G-Fest, it would really be a fucking shame. I am sure most everyone will enjoy themselves while less savory things are goin down around them. I guess I like to challenge these 'folks' because I care about what effect they have on a scene that I take very seriously.

Jimo > I hope that you are going to G-feat and that you have an amazing time. My 2-year old son is scheduled have surgery on Wednesday nite so I am going to have to sit this one out. I will have to live vicariously through the accounts of yours and everybody else that cares enough to share.

:blush:

There is bad in every crowd. You can have a "good guy" convention and the larger it gets the higher the percentage of asshats will show.

There is no question that the PhishFestival and the Electric Forest festival will draw more of the bad element away from Grateful-fest. That is a fact. Both these festivals are more prone to a younger crowd and the "bad element" will migrate to those crowds. Rothbury proved that to me the last two years. The last two grateful-fests had far less of that element there because of Roth. it was VERY noticable to my eyes.

As someone who goes to the Quarry about 6-8 times a year - i notice that Grateful-Fest is a much older crowd and subdued than say the 3 hookah festivals and this weekend's classic crowd (which we like to refer to as amateur weekend - not because of the bands but because of the crowds) - i've never been to the Badfish fests. To me it's fairly obvious, especially when i walk around the woods late at night. At grateful-fest the woods are much quieter and laid back compared to festivals with much smaller crowds. I'm not saying people don't "rage" all night at grateful-fest but the level of it is much more subdued compared to other events that are held there.

I love the Ledges Vibes but i will say i love it more at G-Fest. It's more family orientated - far less of that "rage" feel that often draws assholes.

Just my opinion from a Wile E. ol' Veteran :D

• Forum MVP

Or buy everyone a slice from Disco Pizza...

hey chuck, disco pizza is giving out free slices!!! :rofl:

i, personally, have become disgusted with the drug use associated with the scene. when i was 16 i was fascinated by it. now, at 24, it really bothers me. i dont want any police involvement, but i secretly wish all of that stuff was not a part of the scene. too much/too fast/for too long is not good for anyone, and i think we can all agree the associated stigma of "druggie" that's attached to deadheads or perceived "hippies" really hurts the prosperity (re: Camp Zoe getting shut down) and public perceptions of our scene.

if people want to party responsibly, thats cool. hopefully they dont have to dose or roll or god-knows-what at every single show... but for god's sake we dont need people selling drugs in the open to any "head" that walks by.

There is bad in every crowd. You can have a "good guy" convention and the larger it gets the higher the percentage of asshats will show.

There is no question that the PhishFestival and the Electric Forest festival will draw more of the bad element away from Grateful-fest. That is a fact. Both these festivals are more prone to a younger crowd and the "bad element" will migrate to those crowds. Rothbury proved that to me the last two years. The last two grateful-fests had far less of that element there because of Roth. it was VERY noticable to my eyes.

As someone who goes to the Quarry about 6-8 times a year - i notice that Grateful-Fest is a much older crowd and subdued than say the 3 hookah festivals and this weekend's classic crowd (which we like to refer to as amateur weekend - not because of the bands but because of the crowds) - i've never been to the Badfish fests. To me it's fairly obvious, especially when i walk around the woods late at night. At grateful-fest the woods are much quieter and laid back compared to festivals with much smaller crowds. I'm not saying people don't "rage" all night at grateful-fest but the level of it is much more subdued compared to other events that are held there.

I love the Ledges Vibes but i will say i love it more at G-Fest. It's more family orientated - far less of that "rage" feel that often draws assholes.

Just my opinion from a Wile E. ol' Veteran :D

This is one of the main reasons I'm soooooo looking forward to my first trip to NLQP and my first Grateful Fest! I like to party just as much as anyone else, but I go to shows and festivals for the music, not to get f*d up. And that's exactly why I feel a lot of 'kids' go to the bigger fests now. The thought of being around a bunch of tweaked out teenagers is so beyond unappealing! My friend and I, both G-Fest newbies, have already decided this will most likely be the best weekend of the summer :)

• Forum MVP

This is one of the main reasons I'm soooooo looking forward to my first trip to NLQP and my first Grateful Fest! I like to party just as much as anyone else, but I go to shows and festivals for the music, not to get f*d up. And that's exactly why I feel a lot of 'kids' go to the bigger fests now. The thought of being around a bunch of tweaked out teenagers is so beyond unappealing! My friend and I, both G-Fest newbies, have already decided this will most likely be the best weekend of the summer smile.gif

You won't regret it!

This is one of the main reasons I'm soooooo looking forward to my first trip to NLQP and my first Grateful Fest! I like to party just as much as anyone else, but I go to shows and festivals for the music, not to get f*d up. And that's exactly why I feel a lot of 'kids' go to the bigger fests now. The thought of being around a bunch of tweaked out teenagers is so beyond unappealing! My friend and I, both G-Fest newbies, have already decided this will most likely be the best weekend of the summer :)

Ditto what Chuckvegas said! This will only be my second grateful fest but last year was incredible. I decided right away that this will be an annual pilgrimage. It surpassed all of my expectations. You will not be disappointed. :cheers:

I wasn't trying to make you laugh Jimo. If you think that the Phish contingent does not contain a disproportionate amount of this 'unwanted element' then you have not been to a Phish show lately. I am not a huge fan of these guys although they are very talented musicans. I used to see them regularly but have since stopped. their music never really 'spoke' to me but it was the scene that was the straw that broke the camels back. There are some good people there but there is an awful lot of N20 huffin, shady dealin, disrespectful, assholes > ALOT of them.

Will Gfest have some of this element? Sure. Personally, I see no problem with making this element 'uncomfortable' if they are doing things that spoil the vibe. If this same kind of atmosphere is rampant at G-Fest, it would really be a fucking shame. I am sure most everyone will enjoy themselves while less savory things are goin down around them. I guess I like to challenge these 'folks' because I care about what effect they have on a scene that I take very seriously.

Jimo > I hope that you are going to G-feat and that you have an amazing time. My 2-year old son is scheduled have surgery on Wednesday nite so I am going to have to sit this one out. I will have to live vicariously through the accounts of yours and everybody else that cares enough to share.

:blush:

T,

I jumped on the Phish train in 1994 and still attend at least 3 shows a year. I KNOW the crowd that attend Phish shows. I feel like the "older folks," when I go (I turn 40 this month) while I felt like "young kids group" at Dead shows. The level of disrespect at Phish shows and ALL other jam bands shows is a lot greater than at DSO shows and Gfest. It just didn't sit well with me that you focused on Phish folks only. There are other jambands where the crowd is rowdier, disrespectful, assholes, strungout, etc. We all know who those bands are. The shady element is everywhere. I've seen the shady element at Gfest. I, as well as you, dislike that element. My one and I found Gfest in 2005 and since then, it has been the highlight of our summer. The vibe there is the best I've ever seen. I've made so many friends at Gfest.

With that said, lets move forward. Good vibes to your son on his surgery. I'm sorry you can't attend Gfest this year. I hope to meet you in person at Gfest next year.

Peace.

this is gonna be my third grateful fest, '06, '10, and this year. 06 was a great time until the last night or two, when allegedly the bolivian marching powder showed up. i found that the scene went to shit rapidly, and swore it off. last year i went back, had a blast, but my neighbors were definitely x-ed or mollyed or whatever, again not much sleeping going on around my site. after the third night id had enough, but i was blocked in and stuck til tuesday morning. oh well. so im a little conflicted this year. i hate the idea of the po po making their presence felt, and really not cool with sniffing pig dogs. im not a bidness man, im not at the ledges to make any $$$, but i enjoy the opportunity to find things not often found around my unbefuckinlevably conservative area. that said, i am not entirely opposed to idea of cleaner streets so to speak at the ledges. and lets be really honest for a moment- most of the people who are old enough to have spent time with the grateful dead are looking to go to bed after a while. can we make it no under 30 without a guardian? i dont see other bands besides dso, or hot tuna, old folks stuff, so i cant assign the bad behavior to any particular band, but i do most of my work with under 25's and for the most part, they are screaming douchebags. dont know how to act with a buzz, cant stop before they get completely wasted, and no nothing of SUBTLETY or how to not look obvious when making a transaction. i distincly remember being sat down by an older guy when i was about 16 and having him say stuff like the next time you get that twisted youre gonna get left home. lesson learned. the ledges is a truly swell place. i cannot wait until my 4 year old is older, so i can bring her on board. PLEASE LETS NOT FUCK THIS PLACE UP. if youre a douchebag, and you dont know how to act, stay home. you know who you are.

You've got to give people the opportunity to out-grow it. What were like when you were that age?

Regardless, they shouldn't be making that much noise late at night.

Or avoid camping near any young folk. "Hey you kids, get away from my tent!"

Lived in Ohio all my life...ugh. Born in Michigan, moved to Cleveland area and raised there. Went to U of Cincinnati, worked in Columbus and Dayton. Ohio State Police and Park Rangers are not there to Serve and Protect, but to incriminate and incarcerate. My counter attack program included getting me one of those big old mean German Shepherd dogs, two actually, and playing "find the dope" with them on a fairly constant basis. They get pretty good at it when there is a treat or a tennis ball waiting for a reward. When I'm getting ready to sneak some in to a show such as this, I package just enough to last for my personal use, in such a way that I think one of the pig dogs won't be able to sniff it out. Then I test it. If my canines can't sniff it out, theirs won't either. Place into shoe, and away we go. Or, eat a brownie. It's a bit uncontrollable though, as you might know, and who doesn't like a spliff during He's Gone? Luckily I have family nearby so I'll be leaving each night, getting a comfy sleep, warm shower, hot breakfast, then back to the show.

i have a friend who has a friend who trains dogs for the state police here in south carolina. they will also play "find the package" with the dogs, and from what i hear, these dogs can tell if you wore a shirt today that you wore when puffing yesterday. they have told me to use coffee, and to never have any type of residue, resin or anything on your hands when putting your stash in a bag. also, wipe everything wih bleach when youre done. here also, the "out to bust" vibe is tangible, so a healthy bit of awareness and paranoia is essential. know your neighbor, pay attention. all will be swell.

this is gonna be my third grateful fest, '06, '10, and this year. 06 was a great time until the last night or two, when allegedly the bolivian marching powder showed up. i found that the scene went to shit rapidly, and swore it off. last year i went back, had a blast, but my neighbors were definitely x-ed or mollyed or whatever, again not much sleeping going on around my site. after the third night id had enough, but i was blocked in and stuck til tuesday morning. oh well. so im a little conflicted this year. i hate the idea of the po po making their presence felt, and really not cool with sniffing pig dogs. im not a bidness man, im not at the ledges to make any $$$, but i enjoy the opportunity to find things not often found around my unbefuckinlevably conservative area. that said, i am not entirely opposed to idea of cleaner streets so to speak at the ledges. and lets be really honest for a moment- most of the people who are old enough to have spent time with the grateful dead are looking to go to bed after a while. can we make it no under 30 without a guardian? i dont see other bands besides dso, or hot tuna, old folks stuff, so i cant assign the bad behavior to any particular band, but i do most of my work with under 25's and for the most part, they are screaming douchebags. dont know how to act with a buzz, cant stop before they get completely wasted, and no nothing of SUBTLETY or how to not look obvious when making a transaction. i distincly remember being sat down by an older guy when i was about 16 and having him say stuff like the next time you get that twisted youre gonna get left home. lesson learned. the ledges is a truly swell place. i cannot wait until my 4 year old is older, so i can bring her on board. PLEASE LETS NOT FUCK THIS PLACE UP. if youre a douchebag, and you dont know how to act, stay home. you know who you are.

I'm sure you didn't mean this post to sound as harsh as I took it but..... I take a lot of issue with some of this. Granted, you are right, the shitty crowd tends to be younger, but I don't think that means you should keep young people out. Being awake late does not necessarily mean someone has taken anything and being loud is a different story. I generally stay up super late (but am completely respectful of my neighbors), I don't want to miss a second of the experience. I also don't think because you were old enough to see the grateful dead and you go to bed early means that all fans your age go to bed early or that anyone who isn't old enough should have to go to bed when you do. How old were you when you started going to shows? How late did you stay up from ages 18-30? I certainly don't mean to sound harsh either but as a 29-year-old head (have been since age 14) I get really frustrated with the us and them dynamic. Congratulations, you are old enough to have witnessed the magic that was Jerry Garcia. But please don't hold it against me that I am not or view me as any less of a head. Generally I wish older people and people with kids would sleep in and be quiet in the mornings :rofl: but I know that's unreasonable. Again, not meaning to cause a fight just want to offer my perspective. I have a tendency to go on the D about the younger-heads-type of stuff :wacko:

Can anyone answer with certainty whether or not the police are performing searches of vehicles and campsites with dogs? I understand the police presence trying to stop drug trafficking, but believe that most would agree that random searches with dogs is going way too far. Anyone with real first hand knowledge?

Archived