Busts At Nlqp

flairblair

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Can anyone answer with certainty whether or not the police are performing searches of vehicles and campsites with dogs? I understand the police presence trying to stop drug trafficking, but believe that most would agree that random searches with dogs is going way too far. Anyone with real first hand knowledge?

no dogs... but we got a guy who likes to boost about his dogs and being able to smell the hippie lettuce.. which I would say the least is interesting and may have to present a challenge to this person's said dogs... bark bark puff puff... :mellow:

I have been to all the Gratfulfests except 2 and a few of the Reggaefests and have not seen dogs...

but like Dylan said... these times they are a changing

no dogs... but we got a guy who likes to boost about his dogs and being able to smell the hippie lettuce.. which I would say the least is interesting and may have to present a challenge to this person's said dogs... bark bark puff puff... :mellow:

I have been to all the Gratfulfests except 2 and a few of the Reggaefests and have not seen dogs...

but like Dylan said... these times they are a changing

Has anyone been out to the ledges this year that can confirm or deny the stories of drug sniffing dogs?

Has anyone been out to the ledges this year that can confirm or deny the stories of drug sniffing dogs?

Where have you heard or read there are sniffing dogs at NLQP? I have not heard or read this anywhere.

I've seen cops make rounds in their squad car through the park and have heard about undercovers buying stuff to bust people but that's the extent of it.

I don't think the cops will or have brought dogs inside nlqp. They can't come in a have their dog sniff your campsite without probable cause to do so.

Evan and local law enforcement want heavy drugs out of the park. They will continue to show their presence and will continue to make undercover busts.

I was at NLQP for Memorial Day weekend. It's one of their smaller festivals, and the park was about half full. We never saw any dogs, and the only police presence that we saw was an walkthrough of the beach/stage/vending area on Saturday evening.

We go to the ledges 4-5 times per year. This is our third year doing so, and from what I have seen, Hedges is absolutely correct. Be smart; don't draw attention to yourself, and you will not have any issue with security or with Ohio's finest.

Where have you heard or read there are sniffing dogs at NLQP? I have not heard or read this anywhere.

I've seen cops make rounds in their squad car through the park and have heard about under-covers buying stuff to bust people but that's the extent of it.

I don't think the cops will or have brought dogs inside nlqp. They can't come in a have their dog sniff your campsite without probable cause to do so.

Evan and local law enforcement want heavy drugs out of the park. They will continue to show their presence and will continue to make undercover busts.

There was a Face book page with people taking about dogs and earlier in this thread there was talk of police pulling people over at random and requesting a search of the vehicle. I am not worried about under covers making buys because I am not a drug dealer. However random searches are an entirely different story. It seems like a blatant violation of ones rights. So hearing that these stories are fictitious is comforting. I am now again looking forward to getting out to the ledges without any reservations.

• Forum MVP

go early! then there are fewer problems....

and.... WAIT.... people SLEEP at Gratefulfest? NO WAY! What a waste! There are so many cool people to hang out with, and so much music to play and hear, and so many conversations to have and trees and shadows and moonlight and reflections on the water and oh my goodness, SLEEP? HOW? WHY?

Guest Badgerboy

yeah i would say i was more worried that everyone was gonna go to bed at midnight and I would be left alone sitting up all night then about drug busts. Dont sell stuff and im sure everyone will be fine. Sounds like there are other people that are trying to rage... This is my one weekend of free time this summer. im trying to DO IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i would say i was more worried that everyone was gonna go to bed at midnight and I would be left alone sitting up all night then about drug busts. Dont sell stuff and im sure everyone will be fine. Sounds like there are other people that are trying to rage... This is my one weekend of free time this summer. im trying to DO IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year, the staff told us to stop playing music (playing guitar and djembes) at around 3:30am one night. They didn't tell us to stop playing on other nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. What if you are stopped and asked to consent to a search. I know at first I would say no. What did I do to cause the law to search my car or person? Anyone know EXACTLY what to say?

• Forum MVP

>ahem< Counsel?

A quick google search found this:

http://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform-immigrants-rights-racial-justice/know-your-rights-what-do-if-you#3

Best advice is travel clean and then you can say yes to a search and get on with your day.

Sad that it is so in a country that dares to call itself free.

• Forum MVP

"In a land that's known as freedom

How can such a thing be fair?"

Just understand that the "exclusionary rule" that prohibits introduction of evidence obtained through an illegal search has many, many exceptions. In general, there is very little freedom left when it comes to vehicles and what you have/do in them. As a general proposition, you have essentially no expectation of privacy when it comes to operating one.

• Forum MVP

pretty recent news and commentary

http://www.recordpub...article/5046338

After reading this and the comments, all I can is "wow." Stick to friends/family/loved ones. And remember Camp Zoe...acts have consequences.

Not that any of this is meant to be a buzz kill - have fun!!!!!!!!!

Archived