The Schedule...from Band Sites!

jljbirdq

Dark Star Orchestra (Soundcheck June 30th plus 3 nights-July 1st, 2nd, & 3rd)

Keller Williams (July 1st)

Cornmeal (July 1 @ 6:00 - ? PM)

Railroad Earth (July 2nd @ 6:00 - ? PM)

Willy Mac Music (July 2nd)

David Gans (July 1st & 2nd)

Donna Jean Godchaux Band featuring Jeff Mattson (July 2nd)

Rusted Root (July 3rd @ 4:00 - ? PM)

Jerry Garcia Band with Melvin Seals (July 3rd)

New Riders of the Purple Sage (?)

BoomBox (?)

Klyph Black & Rumor Has It (?)

Katz-n-Jammers (?)

The Spikedrivers (NOT JULY 2nd since they are playing @ 10:30PM @ Peace Through Music Festival - Belfontaine, OH)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Is there going to be music on Monday the July 4th?

Typically no; that is a pack up and head out day for most folks. Of course, there actually is tons of music that day, just usually not from the stages.

BoomBox (?)

Katz-n-Jammers (?)

The Spikedrivers (NOT JULY 2nd since they are playing @ 10:30PM @ Peace Through Music Festival - Belfontaine, OH)

Wow, nobody has ANY new information? Come on Evan, let's roll out the WHOLE schedule.

Carlos Jones and the PLUS Band (July 2nd)

BoomBox (?)

Katz-n-Jammers (?)

Carlos Jones and the PLUS Band, according to their website, will be playing on July 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now we'll have some reggae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Star Orchestra (Soundcheck as Terrapin Nation June 30th plus 3 nights-July 1st, 2nd, & 3rd)

BoomBox (?)

Katz-n-Jammers (?)

History says we'll see 10-12 more additions!

• Advisory Board

I believe that would be JGB with Melvin Seals... Not if the Jerry Garcia Band with Melvin Seals were playing, I'd make it a point to get up there, cause that means the fat man came back from the dead! :P

I believe that would be JGB with Melvin Seals... Not if the Jerry Garcia Band with Melvin Seals were playing, I'd make it a point to get up there, cause that means the fat man came back from the dead! :P

Sorry, corrected. I also added The Folkadelics whose website says they are playing on July 4th!

JGB with Melvin Seals (July 3rd)

The Folkadelics (July 4th)

BoomBox (?)

Katz-n-Jammers (?)

Any word on the late night sets?? I remeber a rockin Bluegrass band from Tennesse called Bawn in the Mash, rockin the F out at 3am! Was awesome!!

I think that the night time performers will be Evan's last announcement. Can't wait!

JiMiller Band added July 2nd per their site!

JiMiller Band (July 2nd afternoon show)

BoomBox (?)

Katz-n-Jammers (?)

This just won't end! My RELIX came today and there is a nice BIG full page ad for Nelson Ledges Quarry Park showing Gratefulfest #12 AND the 7 Walkers appearing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When did the ad get submitted? Are you telling me nobody thought to have them delete 7 Walkers from the ad? Come on now we have a widely read National magazine with a cover story on the Summer Fesitival season with an ad that is wrong. People will see 7 Walkers and buy tickets to Gratefulfest not knowing that they haven't been signed to appear. This is NUTZ! There WILL be some unhappy people. Or,.....unless this is just a mind game and Evan has signed 7 Walkers and we will all be pleasantly surprised. Come on now.

By the way, Carlos Jones and the PLUS Band, Willy Mac Music, the Folkadelics, and JiMiller Band all show that they are playing Gratefulfest. Are we going to have more bands, a la 7 Walkers, who think they're playing only to not play? Evan, it is time to role out the OFFICIAL daily schedule showing ALL the bands who TRULY will be playing.

With or without 7 Walkers, this WILL be a great festival but it is time with less than 6 weeks to go to clear things up.....Evan??

Sorry, this is a repost of my post under "7 Walkers" but I thought it should be here too.

Boombox's website shows a show at midnight on July 1st!

Dark Star Orchestra (Soundcheck June 30th probably as Terrapin Nation plus 3 nights-July 1st, 2nd, & 3rd)

BoomBox (July 1st at midnight)

JiMiller Band (July 2nd afternoon show)

Katz-n-Jammers (?)

Maybe this is a ltille easier layout:

THURSDAY JUNE 30TH:

Dark Star Orchestra (Soundcheck probably as Terrapin Nation)

FRIDAY JULY 1ST:

David Gans

Keller Williams (Must be early because his site says he is also playing in Edgartown, MA on July 1st at 10:00 PM)

Cornmeal (6:00-?)

Dark Star Orchestra with Jeff Mattson

BoomBox (midnight-?)

SATURDAY JULY 2ND:

Willy Mac Music

David Gans

JiMiller Band (afternoon show)

Donna Jean Godchaux Band featuring Jeff Mattson

Railroad Earth (6:00-?)

New Riders of the Purple Sage

Dark Star Orchestra (apparently no Jeff Mattson according to Donna Jean Godchaux Band site. COULD THIS MEAN JOHN KADLECIK MIGHT APPEAR? HE IS NOT SCHEDULED TO APPEAR ANYWHERE BETWEEN JUNE 4TH AND JULY 15TH)

Carlos Jones and the PLUS Band

SUNDAY JULY 3RD:

Katz-n-Jammers (placed here as too few act’s confirmed playing on the 3rd)

Klyph Black & Rumor Has It (placed here as too few act’s confirmed playing on the 3rd)

The Spikedrivers (placed here as too few act’s confirmed playing on the 3rd)

Rusted Root (4:00-?)

JGB with Melvin Seals

MONDAY JULY 4TH:

The Folkadelics

Anyone have some other bands to confirm or some time corrections? This is as scientific as I can make it based on band sites and what appears to be legitimate sources.

:dsorocks:ENJOY!

Guest Rob Eaton

Jeff is a full time member of DSO. He will be at all shows... JK will NOT be back.. Also there will be NO Terrapin Nation Soundcheck this year.

Jeff is a full time member of DSO. He will be at all shows... JK will NOT be back.. Also there will be NO Terrapin Nation Soundcheck this year.

booooooooooooooo

I'm cool with no JK, but no Terrapin Nation Soundcheck sounds lame. You will be in Grand Rapids on Wednesday and I assume at Gratefulfest on Thursday. So what else are you going to do?

Oh I get it, a full fledged DSO show!!!!! Good call. Thanks Rob. Your the best!!!

(This reply was a joke) (A Joke I wish will happen but a joke nonetheless)

OK, so Donna Jean's site has an error......i kind of suspected it but thought MAYBE since he was playing with her he wasn't pulling double duty that day. John was just a WILD speculation on my part IF Jeff was actually not playing that night. As far as Terrapin on June 30th, that too was a guess but DSO is doing a soundcheck/show on the 30th right? A Terrapin show would make sense but I'll take whatever I can get. As for the other bands in my posting, with the exception of the three I show on the 3rd, the info is ALL from their websites. I am assuming they are correct. I added the three to the 3rd as it was the lightest day for confirmed bands. Also, the Spikedrivers have a commitment on the 2nd. There clearly are still some gaps.

By the way, it is May 31st and a little over a month to go. It IS time to release the whole schedule. Rob? Evan? Anyone?

:dsorocks:

REVISED/ CORRECTED:

THURSDAY JUNE 30TH:

Dark Star Orchestra (Soundcheck?)

FRIDAY JULY 1ST:

David Gans

Keller Williams (Must be early because his site says he is also playing in Edgartown, MA on July 1st at 10:00 PM)

Cornmeal (6:00-?)

BoomBox (midnight-?)

SATURDAY JULY 2ND:

Willy Mac Music

David Gans

JiMiller Band (afternoon show)

Donna Jean Godchaux Band featuring Jeff Mattson

Railroad Earth (6:00-?)

New Riders of the Purple Sage

Carlos Jones and the PLUS Band

SUNDAY JULY 3RD:

Katz-n-Jammers (placed here as too few act’s confirmed playing on the 3rd)

Klyph Black & Rumor Has It (placed here as too few act’s confirmed playing on the 3rd)

The Spikedrivers (placed here as too few act’s confirmed playing on the 3rd and because they are @ Peace Through Music Festival - Belfontaine, OH on the 2nd)

Rusted Root (4:00-?)

JGB with Melvin Seals

MONDAY JULY 4TH:

The Folkadelics

:dsorocks:

I, for one, was never taking a Terrapin Nation show as a given. Of the two GFests I've been to (08 & 09) there were no TN sets. I figured someone must know something I didn't, but I certainly wasn't assuming that there definitely was going to be one.

Which is good, because I'll be driving to the Ledges from Grand Rapids, coincidentally, on Thursday night and probably won't get in until Friday morning at 3 a.m. I didn't want to miss it, that's for sure.

That said, does this open the door for 7 Walkers? I saw them at Summer Camp and they threw down, HARD. Allie Kral sat in with them on "I Know You Rider" and "Big Railroad Blues." Suffice it to say, they were picking pieces of my brain up around the greater Chillicothe area until Monday.

• Forum MVP

"Allie Kral sat in with them on "I Know You Rider" and "Big Railroad Blues." Suffice it to say, they were picking pieces of my brain up around the greater Chillicothe area until Monday."

Whoa. Alone worth the price of admission! cheers.gifwub.gif

Archived