The Schedule...from Band Sites!

jljbirdq

Let me just say, I view the other bands at the fest as more than "icing on the cake." More like, "an essential part of the Gratefulfest experience." In fact, I too would like to know who is coming ahead of time, and when they will be playing, and I don't think jljbirdq should be made to feel bad because he got excited about the schedule and wanted to know what was going on.

It's all good everybody! But boy there will be some super icing! Cornmeal? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Railroad Earth? Incredible!!!! Keller? What else is there to say! Yes and of course DSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seen all of them many times.

Now, I have never seen New Riders of the Purple Sage or the JGB Band and can't wait! Never seen David Gans either. I hope he plays Down To Eugene! The Spikedrivers...never heard of them before but love what I found online. Of course I know Rusted Root but have never seen them live....very thrilled to be now. See guys, I love my music. And the rest.....

"With the lights out, it's less dangerous.

Here we are now, entertain us.

I fell stupid and contagious.

Here we are now, entertain us"

Sooooo, Evan, whenever you get around to it I await your official schedule. In the meantime, keep those locals happy so we can all be Grateful!

:dsorocks:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all good everybody! But boy there will be some super icing! Cornmeal? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Railroad Earth? Incredible!!!! Keller? What else is there to say! Yes and of course DSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seen all of them many times.

Now, I have never seen New Riders of the Purple Sage or the JGB Band and can't wait! Never seen David Gans either. I hope he plays Down To Eugene! The Spikedrivers...never heard of them before but love what I found online. Of course I know Rusted Root but have never seen them live....very thrilled to be now. See guys, I love my music. And the rest.....

"With the lights out, it's less dangerous.

Here we are now, entertain us.

I fell stupid and contagious.

Here we are now, entertain us"

Sooooo, Evan, whenever you get around to it I await your official schedule. In the meantime, keep those locals happy so we can all be Grateful!

Gans:

You'll get a Down to Eugene, Lazy River Road (his favorite tune), and his Cassidy/Birdsong/China loop song.

And you are correct, sfagan09, the other bands are more than icing on the cake to other people.

To me, Guiness is too heavy for summer. I get dehydrated too easily on Guiness during the summer.

But there is Fat Tire in Indiana :).....I used to bring Newcastle in cans until Fat Tire was available in cans.

I recently heard Magic Hat was starting to put #9's into cans!!

Again, i have not talked to E in over a year but i've heard a lot of rumors about the strains that the neighbors and sherrif have been putting on him. In order to appease everyone, and allow his live music license to continue, i'm guessing he (and his staff) are going to play by the rules more but this is all just a guess.

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/5043970

Does this mean no late-night drum circles by the fire??

• Forum MVP

I was admittingly a little harsh. I don't want to curb anyone's enthusiasm. Just thinks it best to wait for the official schedule from Dso or Evan and to arrive early regardless. I guess I really just meant patience. I would take off you can for Thursday just to come hang out. Either way see ya there going to be lots of fun. And the other bands are mostly icing to me but some of that icing is oh so good and not to be missed.

• Forum MVP

At least I got my schedule in order..

July 1st - land in Cleveland at 6:30am from Vegas ... head to my parents house n Lorain for a few hours .. be at the Ledges by 2pm for music

July 2nd - have to head out to attend a friend's wedding ... he will have "Sugar Magnolia", a Cleveland Dead Cover band playing at the reception ... which is nice..

July 3rd - back to The Ledges for music

• Forum MVP

Matt are you wearing your signature Florecent Orange swim trunks to the wedding so no need to change before you arrive at the Ledges........just sayin...Dr. V :rolleyes:

those lovely orange trunks are running out of steam... I actually have been searching high and low for a new pair...

but no worries... I do have 3 total orange swim trunks to choose from.... :unsure:

and my request that orange trunks replace your customary tuxedo was turned down by the bride to be... still trying to figure that one out... :wacko:

No inside information here .... but i'm guessing no music on thursday at all. There might be something like Movies or something like that .

I do know that Evan has been getting more and more pressure from his neighbors to tone it down. They don't like the loud music and they don't like the drugs.

Yesterday (Wednesday) there was some kind of town hall meeting that took place. The exact content of it i do not know but it sounds like it was a sounding board for local complaints. Evan promised to do anything to help resolve their issues. (see local news article below).

So since his site lists the event as Friday - Sunday (and friday is a work day for most people) - my guess is there will be no music to help appease the neighbors. Also i would expect that we are going to see more of a firm deadline as to when the bands end their sets at night. I think it was like 11:15 but he often let bands continue. I'm guessing that that practice will be reigned in.

Again, i have not talked to E in over a year but i've heard a lot of rumors about the strains that the neighbors and sherrif have been putting on him. In order to appease everyone, and allow his live music license to continue, i'm guessing he (and his staff) are going to play by the rules more but this is all just a guess.

http://www.recordpub.com/news/article/5043970

For the record, i'm going in almost a week early. There is still plenty to do at night, if it's movies down by the stage area, or hanging with kind folks at their sites, one can have a good time without music on the stage. it's also REALLY nice to be able to swim in the quarry before the hordes arrive.

Scuttlebutt!

• Forum VIP

I just heard instead of Wavy Gravy being the HOST of this years Ledges.....Teacher Matt will be take over as a Senior Member of the crew...he will tell stories between sets and by the camp fire of driving over 100,000 miles in his Honda to see DSO shows when everyone thought he was crazy....a Man Ahead of time will be the Theme...please join in on the fun everyone....Dr.V.

• Forum MVP

I just heard instead of Wavy Gravy being the HOST of this years Ledges.....Teacher Matt will be take over as a Senior Member of the crew...he will tell stories between sets and by the camp fire of driving over 100,000 miles in his Honda to see DSO shows when everyone thought he was crazy....a Man Ahead of time will be the Theme...please join in on the fun everyone....Dr.V.

Then he will reprise his act as Young Santa, a vision in red from head to toe...

FROM THE NLQP SITE....posted this evening

looking forward to seeing you all there...

Friday:

about 3pm with SpikeDrivers

about 4:20 Cornmeal

8pm DSO

Saturday:

10:30ish JiMiller Band

Noonish Donna Jean Godchaux

New Riders of the Purple Sage

Railroad Earth

Dark Star Orchestra

(Skydivers at 8:00)

more DSO!

(Madness at setbreak!)

Sunday:

JGB

Rusted Root

Keller Williams

DSO

(skydivers at 8:00)

(Fireworks at set break)

Second stage will consist of-

a lot more throughout the weekend!

And lots of late night acoustic fun in the wee hours.

whhheeewwwww!

Ouch.....I didn't mean to upset anyone. I AM VERY EXCITED TO BE GOING TO GRATEFULFEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just like to get in the mood and check out the bands I have never heard of before while I wait for the fest. Maybe others feel the same way......maybe not. I am use to Hoxeyville, Rothbury, Bonnaroo,....where there are multiple stages and multiple bands playing at the same time. Because of that, I like to plan ahead on who to see. I guess Gratefulfest only has one performer playing at any given time so I won't have to choose. My bad. I will be there cheering on EVERY performer and experiencing some for the first time. Ahhhhh good times. My first experience with NLQP but have only heard good things so see ya all there and chill!

PS, I still wish the 7 Walkers had never posted a show for June 30th as it got my expectations WAY up. I will miss them and hope to hear somebody play some jams Thursday night, on stage or not!

While jljbirdq may have gotten a little carried away, I for one would also like some official word r/t the line up. It is now about 3 weeks away and I dont think expecting a schedule from Evan should be considerd an unreasonable request. I will still be there on Thursday, but it would be nice to see a schedule with official times.

While jljbirdq may have gotten a little carried away, I for one would also like some official word r/t the line up. It is now about 3 weeks away and I dont think expecting a schedule from Evan should be considerd an unreasonable request. I will still be there on Thursday, but it would be nice to see a schedule with official times.

Yippie!

Sooooo, the second stage appears will have:

Boombox

David Gans

Willy Mac Music

Carlos Jones and the PUMP Band

Katz N Jammes

Klyph Black

Folkadelics

Can somebody confirm that there will only be one performance at a time please? Sorry for asking but I would love to hear everyone!

• Forum MVP

Yippie!

Boombox

David Gans

Willy Mac Music

Katz N Jammes

Klyph Black

Folkadelics

Can somebody confirm that there will only be one performance at a time please? Sorry for asking but I would love to hear everyone!

I have never experienced overlapping sets at the ledges. The stages are pretty close to each other in proximity and I do not believe that there will be an overlapping set this year. You will be able to catch all the bands and better yet, you can hear the bands from the beach.

• Forum MVP

Yippie!

Boombox

David Gans

Willy Mac Music

Katz N Jammes

Klyph Black

Folkadelics

Deadheads are not multi-taskers.......... one at a time....

Yippie!

Boombox

David Gans

Willy Mac Music

Katz N Jammes

Klyph Black

Folkadelics

When you're looking at the main stage, the second stage is literally right behind you. They usually set up the second stage act during the main stage act, and as soon as the main stage is finished playing, they start playing on the second stage. All you have to do is turn around! There's hardly a break in music!

Yeah, what they said. The stages face each other and are probably less than 100 yards from one another. I don't know that it would be sonically possible to have two sets going on at once. Ah, one of my favorite things about Gratefulfest, the lack of overlap!

Cornmeal did a very nice "Solsbury Hill" at Summer Camp this year, and though I missed it, I also heard of an "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue."

Let's hope for some similar goodies!

• Forum MVP

Yeah, what they said. The stages face each other and are probably less than 100 yards from one another. I don't know that it would be sonically possible to have two sets going on at once. Ah, one of my favorite things about Gratefulfest, the lack of overlap!

Cornmeal did a very nice "Solsbury Hill" at Summer Camp this year, and though I missed it, I also heard of an "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue."

Let's hope for some similar goodies!

Oh man! One of the best ever, played by one of the best ever! If I heard them do that and Naive Melody in the same show you damn sure could keep my things cuz I'd know they had come to take me home... smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any new updates about bands appearing or times of their shows? Also, anything firm for Thursday? No complaints, just asking.

I am sooooooooooo excited!

The schedule on the nlqp website is the most accurate version. As for Thursday night... we'll be taking a few moments to remember Gratefulfests passed. With that, there is a planned power outage Thursday night. This is reminiscent of a few Gratefulfests ago when the transformer blew and no one had power... not even the band... except... the Disc O Pizza booth. One of the DSO crew went running over to the booth and exclaimed, "HOW DO YOU HAVE POWER???" Laughingly, the chic in the booth said something like, "You've got a tour bus with a generator! Why not just hook an extension cord or something into that!" And the band played acoustic and in the dark. So, for a little while, the park is planning something special that evening to remind us of how grateful we should be that we can get together like this, smile on our brothers and sisters and love one another in peace. That's all I can say. :dsorocks:

Archived