Who's Going To Mighty High?

deadfan

2 freaky nights of DSO? I can only think of one thing to say: YAAAAAAAHOOOOOOO, YEEEEEEHAW (Okay, that was two). Donna Jean Godchaux is much better than the old days and today she rocks, besides, Mattson is in her band! And in case you are wondering about WIGJAM, they rock! They will play mainly Grateful Dead but may give us a Jerry. This last Saturday, they gave us the Doors, which was awesome, psychedelic and far friggin out!

I guess I am writing this Topic because it is what I do before a big event and when I am totally psyched. It helps me to get thru the waiting period. So come here to do the same, or just ramble on with your own ideas of Might High...Either way, if you're going, then I know you are getting psyched, so let's get psyched together.

If you live in the NYC area, check out my post regarding the Reflections Rocks Off Concert on the East RIver.

"There's a band out on the highway, they're high steppin into town, they're a rainbow full of sound, calliopese and clown - Everybody's dancing...May The Music Never Stop!

[|; - P

Hmmm...I guess I am different than most people cuz I can't wait for this weekend and the only way I don't go bonkers is by coming here and trying to connect with fellow deadheads and talk bout the show and get psyched...but no one seems to have anything to say about it! Hey, 3 nights of Grateful Dead songs, wild, wasted & tripping crowd of people, speed running thru our bodies like juice in a battery makes us keep going and going and going...you get the idea! Wake the freak up people! We about to party to bring in the new season!

Hey sister, r u getting psyched? I know you r cuz I see how many shows you've been to. In fact, I have been to just about every show you've been to. What do you think about that Electric Factory show? I mean, did you find it unbefuckinglievable like I did..with that crazy Dear Prudence? Wow dude what fun we are gonna have this weekend. Yo, if you don't have to work on Thursday night, I highly reccommend you check out the ROCKS OFF Concert with Reflections band...a cruise on the East River while dancing to Dead music is a shit load of fun. It's not too far from GN NY. Maybe I will see u there!

"Going where those chilly winds don't blow"

Come rain or shine, I will be at the Mighty High on Saturday. This whole week's forecast for the NY/NJ metro area calls for rain, rain, and more rain... but they are now saying just "intermittent showers" for Saturday, which we can hope have cleared out of the Hudson Highlands and Ramapo Mountains by then. I am so psyched to see DSO in an outdoor venue again, and I have heard the Mighty High's new spot (as of last year) is pretty sweet.

Topher

Come rain or shine, doesn't matter, we will all get muddy and splash around in the rain and have a whole heck of a lot of fun!

"Dancing in the rain...oh what a wonderful feeling to be happy again!"

Hey Teach, I am a teacher too, in NYC and there aren't too many teachers in this culture. I have been meeting quite a few though! I met one at thr Triump for the band, Splintered Sunlight. Hey, rock on dude and teach the world of the magic of the grateful dead! I teach math up to trignometry. What do you teach?

"Fare thee well now, let your life proceed by its own desing!"

AP U.S. History and AP American Government...

I also have an Honors Elective class I teach every other year... 1/3 year Civil War, 1/3 Vietnam, 1/3 WW II

Hey, I see you like hiking...I climb Mt. Washington every year, and that's about a six hour hike... Those are great subjects you teach. I am always asked to teach Gloab History and Geography since that is a specialty of mine and I love teaching history.

• Forum MVP

love love love teaching !! ... working with kids is a great gig....

I am in my 20th year....

I got to do that Mt. Washington someday.... hitting the Grand Canyon this weekend while you will be jamming to some good old DSO... enjoy !!

If you make it to Nelson Ledges this summer we can exchange teaching tips....

love love love teaching !! ... working with kids is a great gig....

I am in my 20th year....

I got to do that Mt. Washington someday.... hitting the Grand Canyon this weekend while you will be jamming to some good old DSO... enjoy !!

If you make it to Nelson Ledges this summer we can exchange teaching tips....

Yeah, definitely going to Grateful Fest! Is this your first Grand Canyon trip? Whether it is or not I am sure you are gonna have a great time! I love that hole in the earth! Been there a few times. Have a great time and come back ready to party and dance!

There is nothing more rewarding than helping a kid to succeed!

• Forum MVP

Yeah, definitely going to Grateful Fest! Is this your first Grand Canyon trip? Whether it is or not I am sure you are gonna have a great time! I love that hole in the earth! Been there a few times. Have a great time and come back ready to party and dance!

There is nothing more rewarding than helping a kid to succeed!

Grand Canyon Hike #6 .... 1st one was in 1999

I am a veteran....

Grand Canyon Hike #6 .... 1st one was in 1999

I am a veteran....

Right on brother! Nature is where it is at. You are probably much like me...love to teach, love to work with kids, love the grateful dead and lover of mother nature....mathematically that equates to a wonderful life (even on a teacher's salary).

I am going to Letchworth State Park in New York State - often called the Grand Canyon of the east. Although it is nothing like the actual grand canyon, it is still very amazing and a grate place to visit.

[|: -)

Hmmm...I guess I am different than most people cuz I can't wait for this weekend and the only way I don't go bonkers is by coming here and trying to connect with fellow deadheads and talk bout the show and get psyched...but no one seems to have anything to say about it! Hey, 3 nights of Grateful Dead songs, wild, wasted & tripping crowd of people, speed running thru our bodies like juice in a battery makes us keep going and going and going...you get the idea! Wake the freak up people! We about to party to bring in the new season!

I'm excited too (can't you tell by the inflection of my voice?), but I just don't have anything to say.

Maybe my attempt to connect at the show will just be a cardboard sign that says "Who wants to be my dead head friend?"

Chuck, his reputation proceeds him<_<

Obviously Vegas knows me all too well..... :blush: However, this time my "Florida Girls" will be staying back in Sunny Florida....

Just us locals this year... A few females, a few males.... A good mix of true heads for sure... I was considering camping Friday night but the weather has turned me away from that... A 10 minute ride to my nice dry bed will work just fine for me...

I clearly recall Vegas and his crew pouring out of a NYC Taxi cab last year just as I was walking in.. What a site to see... Good ole' Chuck Vegas gave me the dryest hug I ever got from him... (This only happens before a show!!!! LOL)

Let's hope this nasty weather clears up!!! Although that ski slope will make an awesome mud slide!!!!! B)

Till Fryday!!! Counting the minutes!!!

Peace

Alex911sc

Obviously Vegas knows me all too well..... :blush: However, this time my "Florida Girls" will be staying back in Sunny Florida....

Just us locals this year... A few females, a few males.... A good mix of true heads for sure... I was considering camping Friday night but the weather has turned me away from that... A 10 minute ride to my nice dry bed will work just fine for me...

I clearly recall Vegas and his crew pouring out of a NYC Taxi cab last year just as I was walking in.. What a site to see... Good ole' Chuck Vegas gave me the dryest hug I ever got from him... (This only happens before a show!!!! LOL)

Let's hope this nasty weather clears up!!! Although that ski slope will make an awesome mud slide!!!!! B)

Till Fryday!!! Counting the minutes!!!

Peace

Alex911sc

u from bergen county? don't tell me u were a (Pascak Hills H.S.) cowboy?

Dude, if the weather creates a mudslide, I am going to be the first to go down...head first, on my tummy...and then I am going to get up and dance my grateful ass off! Yeehoo!

Bergen County yes... Pascack Hills nope but damn close....... Got some cousins that went there as well as a couple cousins who taught there....

Archived