Who Went To Mighty High?

deadfan

I am seriously not kidding when I say it was the best time I had in my life. I had some experiences that changed the person that I am and it is not like this was the first concert or festival that I had been to. There was just something about the music, the people and the love. In the last year, I have really focused my life on following the music of the grateful dead and I thus I have been following Furthur, DSO, Wigjam, Reflections and Splintered Sunlight and I have met so many people in my travels and this past weekend was like a big reunuion for me...I was stopping and being stopped by people whom I met during my pursuit of the GD. I was dancing with people left and right of me and in front of me and behind me and i knew so many people there that I truly felt like I was dancing with the entire world. The gratest thing about this weekend was the love that I felt with my fellow brothers and sisters. The music was beautiful and moved me in new ways. The entertainment was awesome with firedancers grooving to the dirge and flute or saxaphone...They were called the Dirge Group out of NYC and they kepts the insane busy during the band change-overs and their music was truly beautiful, moving and psychedelic...One will easily fall in love with this group.

I am sure that everyone had grate experiences there and sometimes it is grate to share those feelings and love you experienced. Do it here.

"The sky was yellow and the sun was blue, strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hands, everybody's playing in the heart of gold band!"

• Forum MVP

I was there on Saturday and it was a really wonderful, warm, friendly fest with terrific music. The Createavibe guys really know how to throw a fest--and they do it completely out of the love for the music! Rain couldn't dampen the spirits of people there, and we were treated to the most fantastic music! I loved the New Riders, as always. Steve Kimock's band was very enjoyable too and of course, DSO rocked!! I had a ball!!

I was there on Saturday and it was a really wonderful, warm, friendly fest with terrific music. The Createavibe guys really know how to throw a fest--and they do it completely out of the love for the music! Rain couldn't dampen the spirits of people there, and we were treated to the most fantastic music! I loved the New Riders, as always. Steve Kimock's band was very enjoyable too and of course, DSO rocked!! I had a ball!!

You said it sister, rain could not dampen our spirits! The love and warmth of people outdid the cold front and I am still feeling that feeling now...if only I could make that feeling last forever! I am not sure which one of the many faces I saw was you, but it was definitely grate partying with you!

It sure was a warm, friendly vibe at the "Mighty High" on Saturday night. Both audience and staff were relaxed, the weather cleared before DSO took the stage, and the rest of the evening was just pue bliss. I was hoping for either an elective or 70's show, and 1976 it was. The band seemed like they were having a blast, too, and, even though it was the final night of the tour, they all looked and sounded so fresh, as if they had just begun to tour. I remember Rob Barraco stating in a previous thread that they were going to try doing shorter tours, and I think it was a great idea. As long as the band keeps coming around these parts several times a year, I will be a happy camper. :)

Topher

I am seriously not kidding when I say it was the best time I had in my life. I had some experiences that changed the person that I am and it is not like this was the first concert or festival that I had been to. There was just something about the music, the people and the love. In the last year, I have really focused my life on following the music of the grateful dead and I thus I have been following Furthur, DSO, Wigjam, Reflections and Splintered Sunlight and I have met so many people in my travels and this past weekend was like a big reunuion for me...I was stopping and being stopped by people whom I met during my pursuit of the GD. I was dancing with people left and right of me and in front of me and behind me and i knew so many people there that I truly felt like I was dancing with the entire world. The gratest thing about this weekend was the love that I felt with my fellow brothers and sisters. The music was beautiful and moved me in new ways. The entertainment was awesome with firedancers grooving to the dirge and flute or saxaphone...They were called the Dirge Group out of NYC and they kepts the insane busy during the band change-overs and their music was truly beautiful, moving and psychedelic...One will easily fall in love with this group.

I am sure that everyone had grate experiences there and sometimes it is grate to share those feelings and love you experienced. Do it here.

"The sky was yellow and the sun was blue, strangers stopping strangers, just to shake their hands, everybody's playing in the heart of gold band!"

if that dinky dreary bottom of a kids only ski-slope with a thousand people was the best weekend of your life you have my sympathy

if that dinky dreary bottom of a kids only ski-slope with a thousand people was the best weekend of your life you have my sympathy

Don't need your sympathy buddy, but obviously you will never understand what I mean, and if you write these words to be mean, you can go on being mean cause it aint working pal...I am just sorry that you won't understand the TRUE experience of going to the shows. Good luck buddy, I hope you get the help you obviously need.

Guest Silver Fox

Luckily, I was fortunate enough to catch the last four shows of this tour. Throughout those five days I was reminded of just how much i love this band and the people that make up this great community. Old friends and new, these are some of the kindest and most open people I've had the good fortune to meet.

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

I don't know that I can categorically say that it was the best weekend of my life, because there was that one time...hmmm, then that other one...probably should not to go there because I'm not sure the statute of limitations has run...

But! I know without reservation that this was one of the most fun, most joyful, most blessed times with my friends and the band we love, sharing the music we love, that I can remember. The only thing missing was several others who couldn't make it. They know who they are and they know how loved they are.

More about the music after I have gathered some thoughts that are still running on the hilltop with my pack of wild geese. But I didn't find the venue dinky or the area dreary at all, and the crowd was so kind, so respectful, and so into the music that it reminded me yet again that this is why I do what I do. I haven't missed a Mighty High; I loved the Vasa Park setting but I fully understand why Eli moved to Tuxedo. The camping, the woods, the open expanse on the compact grounds, all make it as close to an intimate setting as a readily accessible outdoor venue can be for the price.

Sure there was some mud, but as bad as we feared. The rain held off, and the stars were so visible each night that it was a gift to be out under them. There may have been issues in the parking and camping lots, although I didn't hear of any. All I know for sure is that I will be back as long as they put this one on.

Am I easily pleased? Yes, because despite the non-stop yapping, whining, and bitching I do, I try to check that at the gate. And once the music starts, what more can you ask for? Or need?

• Forum MVP

I don't know that I can categorically say that it was the best weekend of my life, because there was that one time...hmmm, then that other one...probably should not to go there because I'm not sure the statute of limitations has run...

But! I know without reservation that this was one of the most fun, most joyful, most blessed times with my friends and the band we love, sharing the music we love, that I can remember. The only thing missing was several others who couldn't make it. They know who they are and they know how loved they are.

More about the music after I have gathered some thoughts that are still running on the hilltop with my pack of wild geese. But I didn't find the venue dinky or the area dreary at all, and the crowd was so kind, so respectful, and so into the music that it reminded me yet again that this is why I do what I do. I haven't missed a Mighty High; I loved the Vasa Park setting but I fully understand why Eli moved to Tuxedo. The camping, the woods, the open expanse on the compact grounds, all make it as close to an intimate setting as a readily accessible outdoor venue can be for the price.

Sure there was some mud, but as bad as we feared. The rain held off, and the stars were so visible each night that it was a gift to be out under them. There may have been issues in the parking and camping lots, although I didn't hear of any. All I know for sure is that I will be back as long as they put this one on.

Am I easily pleased? Yes, because despite the non-stop yapping, whining, and bitching I do, I try to check that at the gate. And once the music starts, what more can you ask for? Or need?

Mr. Vegas' second longest post ever!

There must be something going on in the Nevada drinking water!

• Forum MVP

Chuck and Dstone are friends. I'm sure David meant nothing ill by his post. No need to interjected here deadfan. It was nice to finally introduce myself to the happy Asian. You certainly bring good vibes deadfan. Mighty high was great fun but to me, it doesn't even compare to the ledges. Deadfan come to gratefulfest.

Chuck and Dstone are friends. I'm sure David meant nothing ill by his post. No need to interjected here deadfan. It was nice to finally introduce myself to the happy Asian. You certainly bring good vibes deadfan. Mighty high was great fun but to me, it doesn't even compare to the ledges. Deadfan come to gratefulfest.

I am very sorry for the post, it's just that there seem to be a bunch of posters who do nothing but offend people...my bad and I will edit post.

• Forum MVP

Did we meet at Mighty High?

We met on the hill. I will reintroduce when I see you again.

There are some trolls around here and some pot stirring by the regulars but it's mostly love here. Trolls don't last long and the pot rarely stays stirred. Chuck and dstone are two of the senior members of this board and some of the kindest folks I've ever met. Dstone's knowledge and understanding of the music is massive. Check out the now listening thread. No need to apologize. You will learn about many of us on this board w time. You didn't know. Peace brother

Guest jazz-man

I got to do 4 Northwest shows in a row and it was amazing and beautiful and just right. I am glad you folks had a great time, it sounds like a slice of post-rapture here on earth :)

• Forum MVP

Yeah, that was me, the asian in the peace tye dye.

Deadfan- I've met you a number of times at dso and splintered shows around philly. You always seem so happy! See ya around. ;)

Well, you walk into the room

Like a camel and then you frown

You put your eyes in your pocket

And your nose on the ground

There ought to be a law

Against you comin' around

You should be made

To wear earphones.

:P

• Forum MVP

I am very sorry for the post, it's just that there seem to be a bunch of posters who do nothing but offend people...my bad and I will edit post.

No worries...hope it was a good one.

I need a good ass whippin now and again.

Deadfan- I've met you a number of times at dso and splintered shows around philly. You always seem so happy! See ya around. ;)

Well, you walk into the room

Like a camel and then you frown

You put your eyes in your pocket

And your nose on the ground

There ought to be a law

Against you comin' around

You should be made

To wear earphones.

:P

Yeah Mangosteen, it was nice meeting you and if I recall correctly, dancing a good part of the show near you (and the fire dancers!) Hope youre going to Grateful Fest, see you there brother or perhaps a Splintered show...Butchy and the gang truly rock!

But! I know without reservation that this was one of the most fun, most joyful, most blessed times with my friends and the band we The only thing missing was several others who couldn't make it. They know who they are and they know how loved they are.

More about the music after I have gathered some thoughts that are still running on the hilltop with my pack of wild geese.

I am NOT EASILY PLEASED but Chuck you've done it again .. hilarious .. cheers.gif

dsorocks.gif foeva tongue.gif

btw i wasnt able to go .. but the recording from 5/21 // i think // ridiculously SICK SICK SIK .. blown out in my bed ,,..

Archived