Vibes Needed

nwnj steve

• Forum MVP

For those out there that know my buddy ,that hairy back mother fuckin cigar smokin red bulldrinking cnj Brian ,well he s hurtin .About 2 weeks ago ,most likely after spending some weekend time w/ a lawyer and a few others at mighty high he started to run a low grade fever then it started to get worse.He didn t want to go to the hospital becouse he doesn t have any insurence but his fever started to hit 103 plus this past weekend ,He thought at first he had food poisoning becouse he couldn t keep anything down .They did blood work on him saturday then sent him home .He started to really get worse and by sunday morning he went back to princeton medical center .They found out he got a weird strain of deer tick maleria ,He lost his spleen in a car crash about 20 years ago so his body is having a real tough time fighting this . He will be in the hospital for awhile so big vibes are in orderHe needs everyone s thoughts and prayers.peace

• Forum MVP

I talked to him the other day on the phone from the hospital. He was supposed to come over my house on Monday to do some paid work for me......trying to help a brother out. I have to get my ass up there to see him. He says to me " Greg if you come up bring me a cigar and you could sneak me out and we can have a smoke together". I replied, " Brian are you out of your fucking mind, your hooked up to an IV" He says "Thats nothing in 91' I was in Muhlenberg (hospital in Jersey )with 48 staples in my chest and I unhooked the IV at the main entrance, hopped in my girlfriends car, and we went and copped". He's clean now, has been for over a decade....and he's also one of the nicest people on our scene. He would give you the shirt off his hairy back. Come to think of it I'm gonna hop in my car now and bring him that cigar.I will tell him eveyones thinking of him........... (((((((((( BRIAN))))))))))

• Forum MVP

I just got off the phone with the patient and want to give a brief update. His condition was very serious, with a fever spiking at over 103. So he went to the hospital last weekend and evidently they couldn't find anything obviously causing the symptoms, and he left. A few days later it was getting worse, so he called an ambulance, went again, and was admitted.

All of this sounds very similar to the tale of one of our bud's misadventures at the Ledges last year. There is a reason - Brian too has a tick-borne disease. It is a variation of malaria and is no joke. But he will be fine...it will just take time. He is resting as comfortably as can be expected and is receiving visitors.

What is a joke is Stout's comment about cigars in a hospital. He has the utmost respect for the Clean Air Act, OSHA, and all applicable state and federal laws. No rules and regulations have been violated in spirit or letter.

((((((((((((((((((((((((BRIAN)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Haven't seen Brian in over a year, and was really looking forward to catching back up with him at Gratefulfest.

I don't live in central PA anymore, so maybe someone can swing that way and pick the guy up a grilled sticky a la mode?

Here's hoping you recover quickly, and thoroughly, Brian. I hike regularly in the NY/NJ mountains, and have been very lucky to avoid any tick related illnesses. I also have known several people who have suffered through lyme disease, including both my parents, and they all have different stories regarding their recoveries. At least the medical world has better treatments for it now compared to 20 years ago !

Guest jazz-man

(((National universal healthcare))) we all need it and deserve it. Brian would have been at the hospital earlier if insurance wasn't a concern.

• Advisory Board

Unbelievable. I am so glad you are going to recover from this incredibly random thing. As has been stated above you are probably the nicest person in the "scene" that anyone would ever want to know.

Get well!

Dr. B

Archived