September Shows

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

I am on craigslist as we speak... searching for family in Topanga Canyon in need of someone to valet an event on the 24th .... :blink:

also starting a massive search for any 50 year old Deadheads with lots of money ... :unsure:

so it is safe to say that $20 and a bottle of Jack is not going to be enough for when I come to the bargaining table trying to get me a private show ... :wacko:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

I am on craigslist as we speak... searching for family in Topanga Canyon in need of someone to valet an event on the 24th .... :blink:

also starting a massive search for any 50 year old Deadheads with lots of money ... :unsure:

so it is safe to say that $20 and a bottle of Jack is not going to be enough for when I come to the bargaining table trying to get me a private show ... :wacko:

Good thinking scanning Craigslist for the valet job and 50 year old deadheads with lots of money should be fairly easy to find as i don't think there are many to search for ... but if you want , just bring the 20 bucks and bottle of jack and we'll drive around Topanga Canyon till we hear the music ... we'll grab a 20-20 bag over at the Jordan Downs in Watts on the way and crack open the booze when we get parked ... party time !!!

• Forum MVP

but if you want , just bring the 20 bucks and bottle of jack and we'll drive around Topanga Canyon till we hear the music ... we'll grab a 20-20 bag over at the Jordan Downs in Watts on the way and crack open the booze when we get parked ... party time !!!

OK , so I can see by the no replies that maybe this isn't the best idea ... :huh::unsure::(:blush:

Here is what we got so far

Saturday Sept. 10th - Outdoor show in Bellfontaine, Ohio

Thursday Sept. 22nd - San Diego House of Blues

Friday Sept. 23rd - El Rey ... LA

Saturday Sept. 24th - Covert show ... Area 51

Sunday Sept. 25th - Ventura

Tuesday Sept. 27th - Santa Ana

Saturday Oct. 1st - Regency San Francisco

Thursday Oct. 6th - Salt Lake City

Friday Oct. 7tth -

Saturday Oct. 8th - Denver

Sunday Oct. 9th - Fort Collins

Any other Midwest dates around the Ohio Sept 10th show?

not yet... I am starting to think that it is going to be the old "1 show tour" ... no other dates ... sadly... BUT ... I have been wrong... I think it was once back in 78 ... :unsure:

Thats ok, as I'm going to go to the Ohio show. I'm just hoping we don't have another 4 year wait for a DSO Detroit visit.

• Forum MVP

So I'm thinking that finally this year will be the NYE run that isn't in the Ice Belt. Time to head south for fun in the winter sun! Six days in LV, Miami, or NOLA! Right? RIGHT? Huh? Am I right?

No? Not a chance in hell? Oh well, kinda what I figured, anyway...

Well you can't get them all right ... :blink:

and I would imagine the masses will thank you ...

Come on Matt. I know Detroit is an easy target but must you rip it every time it comes up? I just want to beg for shows here without having to defend the place.

• Forum MVP

Come on Matt. I know Detroit is an easy target but must you rip it every time it comes up? I just want to beg for shows here without having to defend the place.

And that's from a guy who lives in Las Vegas!

Sorry Chuck...

I would imagine if we did a show count of DSO of a 3 hour drive from Detroit and Vegas the results would be way, way, way in your favor...

and another thing on Detroit.... it is in Michigan... yuck ! ... :unsure:

I agree. DSO plays near Detroit more than near Vegas. I will give you that. All I'm asking for is to stop ripping Detroit, and Michigan. I don't care that much, but I feel the need to defend my home turf. I said it earlier, Detroit is an easy target. As far as downtown is concerned it's crappy. The rest of the state is beautiful.

We shall continue this debate at Gratefulfest. I shall yell at the first guy who is wearing orange shorts.

Archived