September Shows

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

I agree. DSO plays near Detroit more than near Vegas. I will give you that. All I'm asking for is to stop ripping Detroit, and Michigan. I don't care that much, but I feel the need to defend my home turf. I said it earlier, Detroit is an easy target. As far as downtown is concerned it's crappy. The rest of the state is beautiful.

We shall continue this debate at Gratefulfest. I shall yell at the first guy who is wearing orange shorts.

He will be easy to pick out in the crowd - look for the guy in the orange shorts getting loose.

As for Michigan, I will say one of the best times I have had was at the Dunegrass about 4 years ago - it reminded me of a smaller Ledges on a great big lake. Just exactly perfect.

You all have a real good time!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

and another thing on Detroit.... it is in Michigan... yuck ! ... :unsure:

Outside of the Ledges, Ohio blows donkey balls. Cleeeeeevland??? Columbus > home of the Suckeyes or Luckeyes (whichever you prefer)? Pahhhleeese. Yeah, D-town has it's fair share of warts but the state of Michgian kicks Ohio's ass up and down the street, all day every day. Hey > At least your colleage football team is the cornerstone of integrity. <_<

You seem like good people Teach.....don't mess with Michigan. :icon14:

• Forum MVP

watching the history chanel right now,

they just informed me the feds own 80% of nevada.

i knew that place felt weird...

It gets better. Did you see the UFO Hunters episode about how the MIB run the Strip? I'm getting some new suits.

• Forum MVP

I would imagine if we did a show count of DSO of a 3 hour drive from Detroit and Vegas the results would be way, way, way in your favor...

and another thing on Detroit.... it is in Michigan... yuck ! ... :unsure:

That may be because three hours from Vegas is desert.

• Forum MVP

GIDDYUP !!! ..... Saturday in the Fall in Ohio....

Buckeye Football win vs. Toledo @ Ohio Stadium aka "The Horseshoe (weather is nice and the coeds are out) ... 12pm kickoff...

then make the drive up to Bellefontaine (around an hour) for DARK STAR ORCHESTRA...

what a Saturday with a dose of a young Barraco in the mix

YES .... fyi ..any of you band or crew want to have experience game day in Columbus let me know... I have been to a few of those in my days...

I think I may have to do that double bill.

• Forum MVP

New Years with DSO on the East Coast, the way it should always be :icon14::cheers:

I remember a VERY cold NYE or four there over the past years. Before that seems like I recollect a CO date. Either way of course the company was good...

• Forum MVP

St. Louis needs more love. One show a year on average.

Rough..New Years Eve at the Pagaent would be the ticket..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lisacat

Not up on the DSO website. Is this happening?

It sure is!

so far confirmed, I believe they have about 50 more to go:

Dr. John / Punch Brothers / Gomez / Dark Star Orchestra / Bela Fleck, Zakir Hussein & Edgar Meyer / The Civil Wars / Bob Mould / The Devil Makes Three / John Prine / Emmylou Harris

Gillian Welch + David Rawlings / Ryan Bingham & the Dead Horses / Robert Plant & the Band of Joy / buckethead / Del McCoury & The Preservation Hall Jazz Band / Cass McCombs / Fitz & the Tantrums / The Jayhawks / Abigail Washburn / Robert Earl Keen

the Flatlanders / The Blind Boys of Alabama / Chris Isaak / Frank Fairfield / Irma Thomas / Elbow / The Mekons / Earl Scruggs / Patty Griffin / Old Crow Medicine Show

by the way, I think this is going to be a spectacular opportunity for the band to show those folks who have never seen them how great they are. The HSB site has been doing this game of releasing 10 artists every week and folks have to guess who they are by listening to a snippet of them performing. Many folks thought it was 7 Walkers, Phil and Friends, Furthur. Ridiculous. And its obviously not because they SOUND like any of those bands...I think there are still a lot of folks that have never seen DSO. No better place than HSB. Hopefully they'll get a good stage/time slot.

It sure is!

so far confirmed, I believe they have about 50 more to go:

Dr. John / Punch Brothers / Gomez / Dark Star Orchestra / Bela Fleck, Zakir Hussein & Edgar Meyer / The Civil Wars / Bob Mould / The Devil Makes Three / John Prine / Emmylou Harris

Gillian Welch + David Rawlings / Ryan Bingham & the Dead Horses / Robert Plant & the Band of Joy / buckethead / Del McCoury & The Preservation Hall Jazz Band / Cass McCombs / Fitz & the Tantrums / The Jayhawks / Abigail Washburn / Robert Earl Keen

the Flatlanders / The Blind Boys of Alabama / Chris Isaak / Frank Fairfield / Irma Thomas / Elbow / The Mekons / Earl Scruggs / Patty Griffin / Old Crow Medicine Show

by the way, I think this is going to be a spectacular opportunity for the band to show those folks who have never seen them how great they are. The HSB site has been doing this game of releasing 10 artists every week and folks have to guess who they are by listening to a snippet of them performing. Many folks thought it was 7 Walkers, Phil and Friends, Furthur. Ridiculous. And its obviously not because they SOUND like any of those bands...I think there are still a lot of folks that have never seen DSO. No better place than HSB. Hopefully they'll get a good stage/time slot.

Nice. Add the Ghosts of Electricity and I'm in for Thursday till Sunday. I may still be in without them, but I'm dying to see them.

Guest Lisacat

Nice. Add the Ghosts of Electricity and I'm in for Thursday till Sunday. I may still be in without them, but I'm dying to see them.

Well I wouldn't get your hopes up. Its kind of a rare side project. But I think Stu may be playing more local gigs - Front street and other line ups like GOE in the future.

But that's just my guess!

• Advisory Board

I think Stu may be playing more local gigs

Pretty sure he is... Robin and Stu just had a lil baby a few months ago, so I'm sure Papa Stu wants to spend as much time as he can with the baby before he has to go back on the road

• 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Instead of posting reviews of the CO shows, I'm just gonna say that the Deviled Eggs have decided it's absolutely WRONG of us to be missing so much freaking music!

no more excuses.

we're coming to the west coast! we've never seen DSO there and last time it got messed up and we couldn't go so, yeah, we're THERE.

I can look back at my life in a few years and say "hey, I just got really screwed because I tried to help a loser" or I can realize right now that money and locations come and go.... you can't get missed shows back! (and I'll still help out the occasional loser- our bad for thinking he'd at least leave his awesome TV and not come for it when we went to DSO, and i mean, it's a stupid TV, it's not "worth" anything, but our privacy has been completely violated by this jerk off ex-roomie so we gotta leave this place, don't even wanna sleep here..... good grief!)

we shoulda been at gratefulfest!

we SHOULD have been at the first set fri at the Mish..... sometimes you KNOW you prolly should "not" go, but I mean.... we ALL have weaknesses, right? I'm just glad that DSO is mine ;) never steers me wrong even when it gets...

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love you Starheads SO much! There just aren't really words, but thanks, guys and gals, thanks for being there and loving and dancing so hard, it is an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs and kisses,

mrs d

Guest Lisacat

Instead of posting reviews of the CO shows, I'm just gonna say that the Deviled Eggs have decided it's absolutely WRONG of us to be missing so much freaking music!

no more excuses.

we're coming to the west coast! we've never seen DSO there and last time it got messed up and we couldn't go so, yeah, we're THERE.

I can look back at my life in a few years and say "hey, I just got really screwed because I tried to help a loser" or I can realize right now that money and locations come and go.... you can't get missed shows back! (and I'll still help out the occasional loser- our bad for thinking he'd at least leave his awesome TV and not come for it when we went to DSO, and i mean, it's a stupid TV, it's not "worth" anything, but our privacy has been completely violated by this jerk off ex-roomie so we gotta leave this place, don't even wanna sleep here..... good grief!)

we shoulda been at gratefulfest!

we SHOULD have been at the first set fri at the Mish..... sometimes you KNOW you prolly should "not" go, but I mean.... we ALL have weaknesses, right? I'm just glad that DSO is mine ;) never steers me wrong even when it gets...

CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

I really love you Starheads SO much! There just aren't really words, but thanks, guys and gals, thanks for being there and loving and dancing so hard, it is an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!

hugs and kisses,

mrs d

Can't believe you have never done a west coast show! In my very biased opinion, there is no better scene. Colorado is super cool too (this weekend's venues were magical) but there is something about the northern california and southern oregon/eugene vibe you don't get anywhere else. I miss it terribly when I'm elsewhere.

PS southern california and northern california may as well be two different states. You will find the LA shows wildly different than bay area

• Forum MVP

money and locations come and go.... you can't get missed shows back!

Amen, Steph. And as a very wise man said, in the end there's still that song. Shows will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no shows.

Talk soon and see ya in SoCal!

Archived