Sensitive Question: Is It All About The Drugs?

deadfan

do drugs enhance the experience?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. do drugs enhance the GD experience?

• Yes, I wont go unless I have some.
    • I would go to a show without but won't have as good a time.
    • I would go to a show with or without... it makes no difference.
    • I don't believe in drug usage @ shows.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I did a paper on the grateful dead for school where i had to go and interview people who saw the dead.. in speaking to many people including members of a band who dont get high (N0T DS0) they said that we cant get around it The drugs were a big part of the creation of the grateful dead.. It would not of happened with out it.. I go to shows high and not high it brings a different fell to the music and i enjoy it either way..

The drugs were a big part of the creation of the grateful dead.. It would not of happened with out it..

Thanks for reviving this topic, jbjb2.

The drugs that helped create the GD were pot and acid; the ones that helped kill the GD were booze, coke and scag.

Be careful what you choose and try to be aware of when you are no longer choosing. Know the fire from the ice.

I desperately hope DSO is choosing wisely, too. I've already lost my musical muses once...

When I think about how drugs affect the Starhead scene, I'm always bummed about all the beer and booze excess at the shows. Booze brings vomit and violence to the scene. I watch harmless potheads get busted at every show, while drunken jerks, urged on by the venue concessionaires, ruin the vibe. Legalize pot for a better world. Go straight or go stoned, but please be kynd and please let us actually listen to the music.

Yeah, okay - flame away, fiends. And happy chrismanukah, starheads!

The drugs that helped create the GD were pot and acid; the ones that helped kill the GD were booze, coke and scag.

Be careful what you choose and try to be aware of when you are no longer choosing. Know the fire from the ice.

I desperately hope DSO is choosing wisely, too. I've already lost my musical muses once...

When I think about how drugs affect the Starhead scene, I'm always bummed about all the beer and booze excess at the shows. Booze brings vomit and violence to the scene. I watch harmless potheads get busted at every show, while drunken jerks, urged on by the venue concessionaires, ruin the vibe. Legalize pot for a better world. Go straight or go stoned, but please be kynd and please let us actually listen to the music.

i could not agree more

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, we live in a very screwed up world when the most poinsonous substance..Alcohol...is legal and the lesser is illegal. Many in this world are brainwashed to believe that mary jane is more harmful than beer, alcohol and even bartles & james. People don't read the statistics which show that Mary Jane has caused no deaths whereas alcohol is a major killer of younger kids an dolder adults...it causes some to behave violently or otherwise contrary to one's beliefs (ie. the girl who goes to bed with a stranger) it causes us to make bad judgements and often causes us to forget what we did...and added together with driving...well I don't have to go there. I am not against alcohol consumption although I personally won't do it to access (I hate getting sick) and I won't drive nor get in the car with someone who has drinken too much. If anything, I think mary jane would lead to less people getting angry on the highways and more people saying, "fuk it" when they get cut off.

Archived