Vibes Needed

SeanAY

Recently, one of my best friends from college was diagnosed with non-smokers' lung cancer, and the news and diagnosis has hit me a lot harder than I thought it would. He's only 24 years old, lives a much healthier lifestyle than I, and is one of the most genuinely decent people I know. It's enough to make you feel painfully mortal.

Today, while waiting for chemo treatment at the Cleveland Clinic, it was discovered he had fluid in his lungs; they removed a liter of fluid and put him on a ventilator. He's breathing on his own now, but he's still too weak to go into chemo.

Anyway, positive vibes for Matt and his family would be appreciated.

Guest Lisacat

Lots of healing vibes to your friend. I have spent quite a bit of time at the Cleveland Clinic working with the docs there...amazing medical facility filled with wonderful doctors and state of the art technology. I'm sure your friend is in the best hands possible. There is a lot of good research happening out there for cancer- the latest finding in lymphoma shows a lot of promise for the future .....at least I hope. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/10/eveningnews/main20090911.shtml

prayers and blessings. Stay strong for your friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived