Nfl Knockout Pool

bs69

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

stick to burning Dead shows..... :unsure:

Quote about the Honda mileges changes to hometown handle......? Did she give up on ya or are you sporting a new whip? I suspect any new purchase was not funded by your savant-like handicapping skills at the sports-book based on David's barb. Inquiring minds would like to know...... <_<

• Forum MVP

Inquiring minds would like to know...... <_<

Teacher Matt used to have three sports predictions below all of his posts, kind of like his signature.

And you could count on the opposite happening to every one of them...every time.

But I'm just giving Teacher Matt some shit because he was giving me some shit. It's all in good fun--although I probably won't be burning him any GD shows anytime soon :(....

BUT....I'll be rooting for him to win this thing so he can say he won a DSO boards NFL knockout pool.

Like me. :)

• Forum MVP

Teacher Matt used to have three sports predictions below all of his posts, kind of like his signature.

And you could count on the opposite happening to every one of them...every time.

But I'm just giving Teacher Matt some shit because he was giving me some shit. It's all in good fun--although I probably won't be burning him any GD shows anytime soon :(....

BUT....I'll be rooting for him to win this thing so he can say he won a DSO boards NFL knockout pool.

Like me. :)

Ok.......hence the Castanza label (BTW - that may very well be one of the best Seinfeld episodes of all time). TM may have to wait another year before putting the knockout trophy on his mantle - I am in it to win it baby......actually.......if I win it, the rapture is at hand. That will be the first and last time I win anything.

• Forum MVP

I was watching that Philly game and I actually think Vick was going to win it for Phillly in that 4th quarter, but them's the breaks. Philly and Vick are always iffy just becasue of Vick's style and how often he will get injured.

I should have stuck with my Carolina pick, despite Newton being a rookie.

But you're still the Costanza of all sports predictions Teacher Matt.

Don't forget that.

:)

I think you once again are wrong.... I recall you picked kitty kat woods to win the Masters....

I say get back to burning those CDs and changing diapers....

WEEK #4 pick - BEARS

• Forum MVP

I think you once again are wrong.... I recall you picked kitty kat woods to win the Masters....

I say get back to burning those CDs and changing diapers....

WEEK #4 pick - BEARS

I said that because you said he wouldn't win that year's Masters in some random post...but I DID NOT make the bet.

It was realy funny, cause you had made two predictions in that post, that Ohio was going to win the national championship (I think it was football) and that Woods was not going to win the Masters (the latter being a pretty safe bet). So, I went to my friends who bet on college footbal (I know nothing about college football, or college basketball, but I love em both) and bet some decent money on Ohio getting beat THAT weekend, it would have been an upset so I was getting great odds (they were number 1 in the country I think). And they DID lose. They got upset by some team, I have no idea who. My buddies thought I was a genius! I was testing the waters with your Costanza thing. I will pay for many beers for you when we see one another again at the next show...count on it.

I almost did the Tiger bet too, just because of what happened, but just couln't do it because of his new swing and how much that new swing has wrecked his game...but I was close. But after your post I replied to it telling you what I was going to do regarding betting money on Tiger to win the Maters because you said he wouldn't...that's what you are thinking of.

• Forum MVP

Excellent weekend for Michigan sport teams. Tigers tied series ( rain-out saved Yankees from Verlander), Wings are gearing up for return of Cup to Hockeytown, Michigan won (easy schedule will catch up with them, no defense, QB can't pass), State beat OSU (we can forget about OSU going 12-1, they suck), and the biggest surprise Lions 4-0 (unfricking believable).

• Forum MVP

Excellent weekend for Michigan sport teams. Tigers tied series ( rain-out saved Yankees from Verlander), Wings are gearing up for return of Cup to Hockeytown, Michigan won (easy schedule will catch up with them, no defense, QB can't pass), State beat OSU (we can forget about OSU going 12-1, they suck), and the biggest surprise Lions 4-0 (unfricking believable).

+100. Despite Michigan taking some for quite awhile, it's good to be a fan of Michigan-area sports teams lately. The only area that is even close are the fine folks in Wisconsin.

Another day, another knockout pool win. That said, some of the folks in the pool did not post their predictions?!? Having not been a part of the pool before, is that an automatic disqual. or can you just say it was your bye week? Go tigers, lions, and wolverines...oh my! :cheers:

• Forum MVP

Here is the next slate of games for consideration:

TEN @ PIT

CIN @ JAC

SEA @ NYG

ARI @ MIN

PHI @ BUF

NO @ CAR

KC @ IND

OAK @ HOU

TB @ SF

NYJ @ NE

SD @ DEN

GB @ ATL

Mon, Oct 10

CHI @ DET

Byes: Ravens, Browns, Cowboys, Dolphins, Rams, Redskins

I am not sure who is left in this pool but I will keep chugging along......

• Forum MVP

+100. Despite Michigan taking some for quite awhile, it's good to be a fan of Michigan-area sports teams lately. The only area that is even close are the fine folks in Wisconsin.

Another day, another knockout pool win. That said, some of the folks in the pool did not post their predictions?!? Having not been a part of the pool before, is that an automatic disqual. or can you just say it was your bye week? Go tigers, lions, and wolverines...oh my! :cheers:

You have to pick or you are out. Therefore, August West forfeited last week. Those remaining are:

Tea for Texas

CM Hayden

Teacher Matt

Acududeman

• Forum MVP

You have to pick or you are out. Therefore, August West forfeited last week. Those remaining are:

Tea for Texas

CM Hayden

Teacher Matt

Acududeman

I take the NY GIANTS in Week #5

and I do recall that Michigan started 5-0 last year as well.... let the season play out ....

GO BUCKS !!

Tea for Texas

CM Hayden

Teacher Matt

Acududeman

and I do recall that Michigan started 5-0 last year as well.... let the season play out ....

GO BUCKS !!

• Forum MVP

Patriots over Jets

That's going to be one hell of a game. I might hit the sport's book to play the over/under. This weekend will be season breakers for Steelers, Eagles, and Vikings. And we'll see how real are the Bills and Lions.

Week 5: Green Bay over Falcons

• Forum MVP

GO BUCKS !!

This has to be the lock of the week. Is it a 1:00 p.m. edt game?

GO BUCKS !!

• Forum MVP

And then there were 2

Here is the week 6 schedule:

Panthers@Falcons

Colts@Bengals

49er's@Lions

Rams@Packers

Bills@Giants

Jaguars@Steelers

Eagles@Redskins

Texans@Ravens