Thanks To All From Dso

Guest Rob Eaton

Your welcome DSO. Greatest Band In The Land In my opinion. Nobody not even the Grateful Dead have taken me on such a magical ride show after show, year after year. . Thanks for all YOU do. Peace and love always, Phil

Run Mary, what makes you think DSO wants to play large venues? Or, is that just what you want. Have you even asked them of their dreams for DSO's future. Granted I can see a Red Rocks on the horizon and am looking forward to it, But really is that what you want? Hampton, MSG, some superdome??? Do you really want a bunch of people showing up at a venue with their only intentions of making money off of you,"squatting", balloons, tripping, partying, fingers in the air cause they are too cheap to actually buy a tix or too high to actually plan ahead? There are twice as many people outside of any Furthur show than inside that i have been too. That would be 2 shows in 3 years. What for? I have an idea and it aint cool. It's inevitable, the larger DSO would get the more bullshit comes along with it. I will take a Martyrs over MSG any day of the year.

BTW; im pointing my finger at Patrick Terrapin and his cronies. Years b4 Furthur and to this day have continued to bash, attack, slander etc... DSO particularly Eaton. Ratdog, P&F, and now Furthur has never once as far as i am aware stuck up for DSO or Rob. When did you speak out for DSO when this was going on?: There comes a time where the blind man takes your hand and says, dont you see? There comes a time when your just plain sick and tired of people like PT. People who are haters just to make themself feel rightious. Makes me sick just thinking about him and his agenda. I just hope in 20 years when Furthur is long gone DSO will still be truckin' along doing what they have always do and PT is kickin' himself in his arse saying "Man i wish i had gotten on the bus a long time b4 i did"!!! :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Phil in an interview, before going on the road with P&F '98, not only mentioned but complimented DSO. Hunter controlled and ran deadnetcentral not the remaining members of the Dead. Yes, some heads had negative views of DSO and some didn't. PT and as you say his cronies had problems with Eaton concerning GD tapes, not only Eaton but Charlie Miller. Even now there are people who hate Furthur because as they put it "Phil stole a fake Jerry from DSO".

This George Carlin video will help:

• Forum MVP

Wow, that is insane , i mean simply unbelievable. Are we supposed to believe your writings?

quote name='LSP' date='07 October 2011 - 10:59 PM' timestamp='1318046388' post='115951']

There are twice as many people outside of any Furthur show than inside that i have been too. "

Everybody's experience and perception are different but I am not sure LSP posted his thoughts as mere hyperbole. Believe what you want but there are some parallels to the lot scene at Furthur shows and what we saw from the GD in 94 and especially 95. Not everyone is at these shows for the same reasons you and I might be. The same things could be said at some select DSO shows but the scale pales in comparison.

All of this said, everybody's different. I think it's just a case of "I love what I love and I want it that way."

I should have started a new thread to ask this question, but it's too late, and now I can't delete this post even though I've tried 6 times! So, please forgive me for the fact that this has absolutely nothing to do with what everyone is talking about here - What do I have to do to be able to put my own little phrase beneath the line at the bottom of this post? I'm pretty technologically inept, and I just can't figure it out:) Thanks for the help,

Jen

I should have started a new thread to ask this question, but it's too late, and now I can't delete this post even though I've tried 6 times! So, please forgive me for the fact that this has absolutely nothing to do with what everyone is talking about here - What do I have to do to be able to put my own little phrase beneath the line at the bottom of this post? I'm pretty technologically inept, and I just can't figure it out:) Thanks for the help,

Jen

Jen,

Look for "My Settings" above and click it.

click "Profile" tab

Under the profile tab you will now see "Change Signature" , click it and quote away......

HTH!

:cheers:

I just got out of prison, another casualty of our glorious war on drugs and its insane violent persecution of any who dare possess the most natural medicine next to food itself....since January the state took away my law practice, my livelihood, my income, my dignity, my basic faith in justice and humanity (as a once Army Infantry combat veteran), and my freedom itself. Soon I will lose my home to foreclosure because of what these enforcers' pitiless draconian savagery has made of my life....

My first thought, after tending to my blood family, as I was released from the disgusting, deplorable, violent inhumanity of Delaware prison and the clutches of sadistic robotic enforcers, was if / how I may get to see DSO next and spend some precious moments with these gifted, wonderful talents who I always KNOW bear the priceless gift that may help me forget all this pain and agonizing loss visited upon my family and me......if only for a brief shining few hours of lightness and peace...

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! You all are something they can never ever take away from us, in heart and spirit. Part of me will die that sad day, God willing not for decades, when comes a time that DSO's music no longer fills the world for us to share.

• Forum MVP

I just got out of prison, another casualty of our glorious war on drugs and its insane violent persecution of any who dare possess the most natural medicine next to food itself....since January the state took away my law practice, my livelihood, my income, my dignity, my basic faith in justice and humanity (as a once Army Infantry combat veteran), and my freedom itself. Soon I will lose my home to foreclosure because of what these enforcers' pitiless draconian savagery has made of my life....

My first thought, after tending to my blood family, as I was released from the disgusting, deplorable, violent inhumanity of Delaware prison and the clutches of sadistic robotic enforcers, was if / how I may get to see DSO next and spend some precious moments with these gifted, wonderful talents who I always KNOW bear the priceless gift that may help me forget all this pain and agonizing loss visited upon my family and me......if only for a brief shining few hours of lightness and peace...

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! You all are something they can never ever take away from us, in heart and spirit. Part of me will die that sad day, God willing not for decades, when comes a time that DSO's music no longer fills the world for us to share.

I'm sorry to hear your story. Hopefully, someday the state and society will decide to legalize freedom and to help people not imprison people for victimless crimes. I suggest lots of DSO. Its a great way to heal and put life back in your step. I really am very thankful for this band myself and I can not wait for the upcoming november shows.

Doesnt Delaware have a medical marijuana program? http://www.mpp.org/states/delaware/ . Other than that carrying around drugs in a Nazi state and being a lawyer who presumingly knows the laws, might not have been the best idea. I guess your mad at yourself mostly and now a jailmate or two. Sorry for your bad luck and sorry you got popped by bullshit cops in a nazi state. Cops who are probably closet smokers themselves , we are talking scum of the earth here. For nothing more than a plant and herb a medicinal herb that deserves to be legalized nation/world wide. Its illegal for $$ reasons and republican bullshit values.

Guest crazy digits

Doesnt Delaware have a medical marijuana program? http://www.mpp.org/states/delaware/ . Other than that carrying around drugs in a Nazi state and being a lawyer who presumingly knows the laws, might not have been the best idea. I guess your mad at yourself mostly and now a jailmate or two. Sorry for your bad luck and sorry you got popped by bullshit cops in a nazi state. Cops who are probably closet smokers themselves , we are talking scum of the earth here. For nothing more than a plant and herb a medicinal herb that deserves to be legalized nation/world wide. Its illegal for $ reasons and republican bullshit values.

Dude, do you EVER have anything interesting, kind, smart or clever to share with any of us? Really?

Tyler, glad your back up my brother...everything will be okay..see you soon, I hope.

I hope all works out for you and your family. Thank you so much for putting your life on the line for all of us who really do appreciate the service of our veterans.

Peace,

Joe

Lighten up Francis! I have written some nice things and if you are really stalking me, you should know that. I told him i was sorry he got popped. Just didnt think he was being very smart with so much to lose. Is this why this board has a rep for turning people away, you cant say whats on your mind without backlash from the masses. Whats the point of a board without different opinions ?

Dude, do you EVER have anything interesting, kind, smart or clever to share with any of us? Really?

Tyler, glad your back up my brother...everything will be okay..see you soon, I hope.

The kind thoughts are so very appreciated, Bix, Matt, Rick, Joe...really looking forward to seeing you all soon (I hope).

My point was how much everyone in Dark Star Orchestra (and I mean EVERYONE - onstage, sidestage, backstage, or back home) means to so many of us, the joy and peace of mind and so much more that they give to us all even when some of us are in our worst despair. It is especially profound to me having witnessed over the last 10 years, for a time privileged to be close with them through some of it, how much they endure to carry on. How they have devoted the fullest possible measure of their lives and energies to bringing us this healing music and to taking our shared experience to such inspiring heights, no matter what they may personally face with the challenges and difficulties that life brings us all for living.

My thoughts are close with Lisa especially, who has been such a kind generous friend, as she suffers through a deep personal loss. I wish I had been free to express this to her when she most needed support, something I deeply regret having been unable to do within my circumstances at the time.

As far as any negative comments, meh....whatever. Like the song goes, "Jack Straw from Wichita......."....and we all know the rest don't we?

• Forum MVP

Lighten up Francis! I have written some nice things and if you are really stalking me, you should know that. I told him i was sorry he got popped. Just didnt think he was being very smart with so much to lose. Is this why this board has a rep for turning people away, you cant say whats on your mind without backlash from the masses. Whats the point of a board without different opinions ?

Sure this is a place for opinions and if you haven

• Forum MVP

I had heard about your situation Tyler. I really feel for you brother. Just think about how happy you're gonna be when after losing everything you've had, you get it back again. Stay positive, don't lose hope, and most of all Keep The Faith. If you have Faith, nothing is impossible. Things will turn for you, I know it.

• Forum MVP

Really sorry to hear you went through that...gotta say how strong you come off with your attitude though.

Here's to a better year.

I had heard about your situation Tyler. I really feel for you brother. Just think about how happy you're gonna be when after losing everything you've had, you get it back again. Stay positive, don't lose hope, and most of all Keep The Faith. If you have Faith, nothing is impossible. Things will turn for you, I know it.

Eternally grateful to you, brother. I thought of you from the first moment I wrote here, your agony and loss so far beyond anything I could even imagine, giving perspective to how I have lost NOTHING (for long or for good) that truly matters in this life. Your example and your kindness give me hope and spirit, to cherish the blessings of this life and endure in faith. See you soon!

Thanks so much Chuck and all for your kind words and good wishes. They really do help.

Now if I could please unjack this thread, what's this I hear about DSO playing MSG??? :D

(As huge as the band's sound is even just in the most intimate venues I dare say they may blow a hole through space-time fabric when they play an arena like that someday!)

Archived