Thanks To All From Dso

Guest Rob Eaton

• Forum MVP

This thread has amazing powers! It continues to deliver interesting reading.

This last bit brought to mind an interesting discrepancy in public policy. The PDA has told us in ad campaigns of yore that the dime bag that johnny bought yadda yadda funded terrorism. ...and yet have we laws to punish folks who grow locally, break up their families, and leave them destitute and with a criminal record.

U.S. Drug Laws Help Terrorists.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

And I find it interesting, in the way that train wrecks are interesting, how the DOJ under the current administration has been stepping up pressure on CA dispensaries recently. This includes explicit threats to apply that most invidious of laws, asset forfeiture, and is directly contrary to previous assurances that the Feds would not pursue those acting in compliance with state med laws.

I have no doubt there are subtle nuances to this initiative of which I am unaware, but based on press and other reports while this is certainly "change," it doesn't inspire much hope.

He said he was in possession of it, not caught growing. So he very well might have been supporting organized crime or a cartel at the worst. I would not want cartel blood on my hands.

This thread has amazing powers! It continues to deliver interesting reading.

This last bit brought to mind an interesting discrepancy in public policy. The PDA has told us in ad campaigns of yore that the dime bag that johnny bought yadda yadda funded terrorism. ...and yet have we laws to punish folks who grow locally, break up their families, and leave them destitute and with a criminal record.

U.S. Drug Laws Help Terrorists.

There is an election coming up.

And I find it interesting, in the way that train wrecks are interesting, how the DOJ under the current administration is stepping up pressure on CA dispensaries recently. This includes explicit threats to apply that most invidious of laws, asset forfeiture, and is directly contrary to previous assurances that the Feds would not pursue those acting in compliance with state med laws.

I have no doubt there are subtle nuances to this initiative of which I am unaware, but based on press and other reports while this is certainly "change," it doesn't inspire much hope.

Guest Sweet Jane

He said he was in possession of it, not caught growing. So he very well might have been supporting organized crime or a cartel at the worst. I would not want cartel blood on my hands.

296951_2208173362894_1204241335_1999874_1739838731_n.jpg

do you know why people are calling you a jackass? because this is the second time you have come on this board (as a new poster) and taken a positive post by a forum member and driven it into the dirt. That is why. Tyler has been in the scene for a long time and he came on this board telling us and the band how thankful he is to have DSO after all he's been through. And what did you do? You threw it back in his face and questioned his actions. It is NONE of our business how he ended up in jail, but it is our business to be supportive of eachother. You took a thread that was started by a band member to thank his fans for the continued support of the years and you turned it into a fucking mockery. Same with the thread I started when you made fun of a member for mentioning how many dead shows he was at when all he was trying to do was show some support and engage in a thoughtful discussion.

So yes, it may seem like we all have rainbows and unicorns coming out of our asses, but in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that. Differing opinions are welcome as long as they are brought with respect. We welcome good vibes and if you can't bring them, then you probably should carry on elsewhere.

Now how about we get back to the point of this thread which was intended as a celebration of the continued success of a group of very talented musicians and one that I am very grateful for.

• Forum MVP

do you know why people are calling you a jackass? because this is the second time you have come on this board (as a new poster) and taken a positive post by a forum member and driven it into the dirt. That is why. Tyler has been in the scene for a long time and he came on this board telling us and the band how thankful he is to have DSO after all he's been through. And what did you do? You threw it back in his face and questioned his actions. It is NONE of our business how he ended up in jail, but it is our business to be supportive of eachother. You took a thread that was started by a band member to thank his fans for the continued support of the years and you turned it into a fucking mockery. Same with the thread I started when you made fun of a member for mentioning how many dead shows he was at when all he was trying to do was show some support and engage in a thoughtful discussion.

So yes, it may seem like we all have rainbows and unicorns coming out of our asses, but in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that. Differing opinions are welcome as long as they are brought with respect. We welcome good vibes and if you can't bring them, then you probably should carry on elsewhere.

Now how about we get back to the point of this thread which was intended as a celebration of the continued success of a group of very talented musicians and one that I am very grateful for.

Thanks Lisa. jackassstraw was starting to piss me off and thats not easy to do. Show a little compassion man. Try to have compassion for all even the drug cartels and members of organized crime. I don't know if you care for the message of Christ but hate the sin not the sinner. Even if you think someone has done something wrong - I certainly don't - try to show some compassion. I guess your not here to make friends. I'm not going to say any more but your negative energy effects more than you know know.

Thanks DSO. I am forever grateful.

And I find it interesting, in the way that train wrecks are interesting, how the DOJ under the current administration has been stepping up pressure on CA dispensaries recently. This includes explicit threats to apply that most invidious of laws, asset forfeiture, and is directly contrary to previous assurances that the Feds would not pursue those acting in compliance with state med laws.

I don't understand...isn't there a 10th ammendment to protect states rights to choose how they want to govern themselves without the feds diciding what laws they want to enforce and when. This is exactly why our founding fathers put that ammendment in the "Bill of Rights"

Peace,

Joe

• Forum MVP

I don't understand...isn't there a 10th ammendment to protect states rights to choose how they want to govern themselves without the feds diciding what laws they want to enforce and when. This is exactly why our founding fathers put that ammendment in the "Bill of Rights"

Peace,

Joe

As this thread digresses more and more from it's original message (that seems to happen here a lot), the quick and dirty answer is the doctrine of "federal supremacy." Con law is not my forte, although I've read a bit on the topic. These days the subject mostly just pisses me off.

• Forum MVP

Really sorry to hear you went through that...gotta say how strong you come off with your attitude though.

Here's to a better year.

My wife was just reading over my shoulder cause we have nothing to do in this hotel room in dreary Chicago with our baby asleep in the living room. All we are doing is trying to be quiet and hopeful that parents don't have to take babies on planes across the county very often (although Emmy did great, like she always seems to do...it's way too stressful on parents, at least in the case of these parents)...but as I'm going through this thread she looks and says "Look, you wrote one! and after reading it she told me that she didn't think what I said came out the way I meant it. I HAVE no idea is she is right or not, my guess is she's wrong but since most of the time she is right I will clarify by saying that by "attitude", I meant the positive and loving spirit that comes through your words, and that is a pretty admirable strength in my not so humble an opinion.

Although, if you told me that you knew what I meant from the word go, then I can tell my wife my batting average just jumped a bit.

And I like telling her that.

• Forum MVP

David,

I'm gonna go all Switzerland and give this one to both you AND the wife. I think your intent would be clear to *most*, but it's plausible to read otherwise into that single word "attitude." And remember - online you can never afford to be nebulous. No one hears tone, see facial expressions, etc, in these conversations.

So we'll do something that is typically impossible - raise a batting average and lower an ERA in one fell swoop.

Have a great time in Chicago. I hope the fall is sweet this year. Pack change(s) of baby clothes on the flight!

My wife was just reading over my shoulder cause we have nothing to do in this hotel room in dreary Chicago with our baby asleep in the living room. All we are doing is trying to be quiet and hopeful that parents don't have to take babies on planes across the county very often (although Emmy did great, like she always seems to do...it's way too stressful on parents, at least in the case of these parents)...but as I'm going through this thread she looks and says "Look, you wrote one! and after reading it she told me that she didn't think what I said came out the way I meant it. I HAVE no idea is she is right or not, my guess is she's wrong but since most of the time she is right I will clarify by saying that by "attitude", I meant the positive and loving spirit that comes through your words, and that is a pretty admirable strength in my not so humble an opinion.

Although, if you told me that you knew what I meant from the word go, then I can tell my wife my batting average just jumped a bit.

And I like telling her that.

I gotta go with your wife on this one...I misunderstood the post and now that's been cleared up...it is true..."women are smarter"...

Seems like Runmary hijacked it on the first page. It might be my business how he ended up in jail, after all I pay taxes. Just like the taxes I paid so he could go police the world playing army and killing/murdering people in the name of the good ol' USA. YOu probably cheered the killing of Gadahffi?

Seems like Runmary hijacked it on the first page. It might be my business how he ended up in jail, after all I pay taxes. Just like the taxes I paid so he could go police the world playing army and killing/murdering people in the name of the good ol' USA. YOu probably cheered the killing of Gadahffi?

u pay taxes so u have a right to know why he was in jail.

u r obviously a joke

• Forum MVP

hey anotherjackoff, stop being a douche-bag. And it's become VERY obvious that you know you're being a douche.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The line above is meant to represent and end to the bullshit digression that has infected this thread. A thread that was meant to be a celebration between a band and it's fans. Sitting here doing some 'puter work and listening to the Pikes Peak Center acoustic show on the Archive from a few weeks ago and thinking............ DSO delivering a euphoric performance like that is not only "thanks enough", it's a fucking gift!

Lisa on Strange Man................................ holy shit.............. :wub:

:dsorocks:

• Forum MVP

hey anotherjackoff, stop being a douche-bag. And it's become VERY obvious that you know you're being a douche.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The line above is meant to represent and end to the bullshit digression that has infected this thread. A thread that was meant to be a celebration between a band and it's fans. Sitting here doing some 'puter work and listening to the Pikes Peak Center acoustic show on the Archive from a few weeks ago and thinking............ DSO delivering a euphoric performance like that is not only "thanks enough", it's a fucking gift!

Lisa on Strange Man................................ holy shit.............. :wub:

:dsorocks:

Could not agree more on all points, and I could not be more grateful for the chance to come out for the Thanksgiving run and see many of the people I love the most.

• Forum MVP

David,

I'm gonna go all Switzerland and give this one to both you AND the wife. I think your intent would be clear to *most*, but it's plausible to read otherwise into that single word "attitude." And remember - online you can never afford to be nebulous. No one hears tone, see facial expressions, etc, in these conversations.

So we'll do something that is typically impossible - raise a batting average and lower an ERA in one fell swoop.

Have a great time in Chicago. I hope the fall is sweet this year. Pack change(s) of baby clothes on the flight!

The weather was kind of bleak when we arrived but it was a different story today. I LOVE October in Chicago...I always say it can stay as long as it wants.

But even though Emmy was great, per usual, I have to say I'm not a big fan of travelling with a baby....or maybe it's just that it was our first time doing it. It seems like it was harder on us than it was on her.

Both Johns/Jons replied (!) but Jon I think you are right...my wife had a better feel for this one than me (regarding the wording of my post) and if there's one thing that's clear so far in this trip called parenthood, it's the woman ARE smarter.

Thank god for the women.

Guest daisychain

many, many thanks to y'all!!!

Here's to many years of amazingly tasty music, perma-grins and the incredible feeling when walking out of a show! So thrilled y'all are doing so well and can't wait 'til you're back in my neck of the woods.

Boogie, boogie, boogie.... :dsorocks:

Archived