Gratefulfest 13?!

jljbirdq

• Forum MVP

It's Offical Gratefulfest will be replaced by Herdstock in 2012...the festival will be in a small field outside of Baltimore....please send $50 to get a wristband to hold your palce in line to later reserve your tickets....more info to come....only band confirmed are the Jackalopes out of Delaware...great band love those guys...I am sure DSO would not miss such a chance to play this amazing festival....again more info coming stay in touch....Herdy will post address to send cash only ...no checks sorry...I am soooo pumped .....Dr. V.

Jackalopes ... they do killer versions of "I am a donkey at heart" , "I may look like a rabbit with horns but like I said I am a donkey at heart", "I don't have a fluffy tail for show", and the show stopper.... "I wish I looked more like a donkey cuz they are hot" ...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Advisory Board

It's Offical Gratefulfest will be replaced by Herdstock in 2012...the festival will be in a small field outside of Baltimore....please send $50 to get a wristband to hold your palce in line to later reserve your tickets....more info to come....only band confirmed are the Jackalopes out of Delaware...great band love those guys...I am sure DSO would not miss such a chance to play this amazing festival....again more info coming stay in touch....Herdy will post address to send cash only ...no checks sorry...I am soooo pumped .....Dr. V.

Thank you, Dr. V!! My bestest promoter! :) Yes, please send cash, and cash only!! I will reserve your spot, and will announce dates of the festival when I have gotten alteast 300 RSVP's!!!

Thank you, Dr. V!! My bestest promoter! :) Yes, please send cash, and cash only!! I will reserve your spot, and will announce dates of the festival when I have gotten alteast 300 RSVP's!!!

I believe they have been working on the merch for a few years. Where's ms angelina when you need her? :-)

Mighty High Mountain Fest... May 18 May 19 May 20th. Eli & Company (Create A Vibe) have expanded the festy to 3 days this year. It's in Tuxedo Ridge N.Y. and is very well run, with good vibes in abundance, in a beautiful mountain setting. Now I know there's no quarry, and the campground isn't as nice, but I'd put my money on DSO being there for 3 nights instead of the usual at NLQP. Just my opinion. There's just too much bullshit going on over there. I know alot of you love the Ledges but from what I've heard, the landscape has changed over there, and not for the better. I heard alot of very negative stuff from folks who were there last year, some of them active members of this community. There might have been an announcement for a Gratfulfest 13, but imho I don't think DSO will be there. I hope I'm wrong for those of you with your hearts set on it, but I doubt it. One way or another I'm sure you'll find out soon enough. Peace.

Watch out for the ticks! They are deadly!

Anyway I had no problems with the ledges last year. Always a great place for good music and the security seemed a little less controlling than other years in my opinion. Heard of horror stories bout security but didn't see anything.

Time to beg anyone close to DSO for an encouraging sign that they will play NLQP sometime in 2012 if not put on Gratefulfest. Pleassssssssssssssse?

To encourage providing information of value to the band, I for one would be willing to spend more on a ticket if it is about money. NLQP is special. The vibe of the place, the bands, and the guests are special.

I still see a 2012 Gratefulfest with:

DSO 3 headlining nights PLUS

Mickey Hart Band or 7 Walkers

Hot Tuna

New Riders of the Purple Sage and/or the David Nelson Band

Joanne Shaw Taylor

NRBQ

Little Feat

JGB with Melvin Seals

Donna Jean Band

Greensky Bluegrass

Spikedrivers

Macpodz

David Gans

• Advisory Board

Hope all you want kids, but I think the NLQP Gratefulfest run is over for good... As much as I LOVE that place, the end has been coming for many years.. I think that after last year, it sealed the deal..

but then again, what the fuck do I know?

• Forum MVP

but then again, what the fuck do I know?

Seems I remember you said DSO would play Alaska.............................. and then Rob said they wouldn't.............................. and then they did..... sooooo maybe you're just a really good guesser, but on this point I hope it turns out that you don't know a fucking thing.... :unsure:

I think its the west coast's turn for some outdoor summer fun. I don't see anything wrong with this spot.... http://horningshideo...lt.php?view=faq

maybe combine it with a stop here: http://www.highsierramusic.com/

and maybe here: http://www.oregoncountryfair.org/

yea, I know I'm dreaming.

but I don't think change is bad....its refreshing

I found myself losing the desire to go to the ledges. Too much hassle and frustration with dancing space and turf the last 2 times for me.

If the scene/people were still the same, I'd be into it. Not now. Time for new. Strike another match.

Just my 2 cents.

• Advisory Board

I think its the west coast's turn for some outdoor summer fun. I don't see anything wrong with this spot.... http://horningshideo...lt.php?view=faq

While this place LOOKS cool, wow, what a crazy list of rules!! While I respect the "No-late-night-drumming" thing (most people can't keep rhythm), the other rules are a little bit Nazi-ish, IMO...

While this place LOOKS cool, wow, what a crazy list of rules!! While I respect the "No-late-

night-drumming" thing (most people can't keep

rhythm), the other rules are a little bit Nazi-ish,

IMO...

It's home of the string summit and cheese festivals- I'm sure it's not too bad I've heard it called magical actually.

So how would ya feel if DSO played Legend Valley (aka Buckeye Lake) instead? I remember a few years ago, DSO played a Hookahville on Labor Day Weekend... and it was a real good time! So, what if the band played there instead?? Only a couple of hours from the nlqp... and the owner is a great guy... and his security are very respectful, good old boys. He has a great relationship with the local council folks and with the police department, too. The only worry while traveling is the Ohio State Highway Patrol. There isn't alot one can do about them... 'cept be prepared. So, how about Legend Valley for a go?? Some kind of DSO Gratefulfest weekend?

either way :dsorocks:

We need a grateful fest and i don't know about anyone else but i don't care where it is.. I don't think we were treated very respectful at the last time around.. I had a grateful time and am thankful for the experience

How sad Rob. I for one enjoyed Gratefulfest at NLQP in 2011.

Sooooooooo, how about joining Hoxeyville in Michigan? Or maybe a resurected real Rothbury? I am not saying replace Electric Forest with Rothbury but add a jamcentric Rothbury back to the site.

I wonder if this is just a DSO thing and Evan will still put on a Gratefulfest just without DSO?

Wouldn't be the same but if the Mickey Hart Band, the Rhythm Devils, Ratdog, Phil & Friends, or 7 Walkers (doubt Furthur would appear) were the headliners, I think they could get something going. In addition, I don;t think NLQP would be in control of the fest, the dead alumni would be in control.

• Forum MVP

How sad Rob. I for one enjoyed Gratefulfest at NLQP in 2011.

Sooooooooo, how about joining Hoxeyville in Michigan? Or maybe a resurected real Rothbury? I am not saying replace Electric Forest with Rothbury but add a jamcentric Rothbury back to the site.

I wonder if this is just a DSO thing and Evan will still put on a Gratefulfest just without DSO?

Wouldn't be the same but if the Mickey Hart Band, the Rhythm Devils, Ratdog, Phil & Friends, or 7 Walkers (doubt Furthur would appear) were the headliners, I think they could get something going. In addition, I don;t think NLQP would be in control of the fest, the dead alumni would be in control.

Therein lies the problem. No one will ever have control, not god himself!!!! Just saying!

Archived