Special Note From Rob Eaton

Guest Rob Eaton

Guest Rob Eaton

There will be a special benefit show on Saturday May 5th at Mexicali Live. Proceeds will go to the Hospice Facility where Dave passed (request from the family). The band will be Skip (bass) and Jim (Drums) from Border Legion, Jeff Mattson, Rob Eaton, Lisa Mackey from DSO. ALong with most of our crew, Nick, Will, Matt, Cotter. There will be an official posting of this soon. Get your tickets early because it will sell out fast. Happy Cinco De Mayo..

There will be a special benefit show on Saturday May 5th at Mexicali Live. Proceeds will go to the Hospice Facility where Dave passed (request from the family). The band will be Skip (bass) and Jim (Drums) from Border Legion, Jeff Mattson, Rob Eaton, Lisa Mackey from DSO. ALong with most of our crew, Nick, Will, Matt, Cotter. There will be an official posting of this soon. Get your tickets early because it will sell out fast. Happy Cinco De Mayo..

Nothing like a benefit show to not only give your friend a fitting eulogy (musically speaking), Rob, but also to help out the hospice. Thank you for giving us the details, and I will make every effort to be there. That lineup looks fantastic!

On a side note: To August West - missed catching up with you at Mexicali last Saturday for Ripple, although I did meet up with Steve. Had to leave early, and I missed the 2nd set. Hopefully we will connect at some point down the road, maybe at this benefit show? And by the way... that version of Ripple from the New Brunswick show was indeed sweet, and, even though I never had the pleasure of knowing Tara, I could feel the outpouring of love from both the band and the audience during that special encore. I'll bet it made you proud to be a fan!

• Forum MVP

Hey Topher - August West is on his way to see the parade festivities for the Pride of the Meadowlands...he really appreciates your post and just wants to say that it was Bird Song... The sentiment rings sweet and true...

Hey Topher - August West is on his way to see the parade festivities for the Pride of the Meadowlands...he really appreciates your post and just wants to say that it was Bird Song... The sentiment rings sweet and true...

Hi Chuck... thanks for the correction. Duh! :blink: Of course it was Bird Song (was writing about the band "Ripple" earlier in my post, and typed the wrong song name!). Such a fitting end to a great night of music! The band gave it there all, and I remember smiles being on each of their faces during the final notes of Bird Song (as on most faces in the audience). I'd swear I could feel the spirit of Tara smiling down on all of us, as well. So glad Eaton included this show for Nugs releases, as it was one performance I will never forget. Thank you, as well, for relaying my post to AW.

Archived