What's Next For Johnny K?

Guest jonnysketchball

Were that to be the case...I can't imagine he would go that long without playing in anything significant. For one, I really like what I've heard from the JK Band; I've only heard them on Archive, but it seems like a pretty good club sound.

I'll openly admit I have zero inside scoop anywhere, but it always seems like if Phil likes you, you can basically play with him for life. Maybe he takes up a residency at Terrapin Landing when that finally gets off the ground, in addition to his own band? It's certainly possible.

I've been wanting to start this topic for a while.

What if he goes back to DSO? I'd like to see him with them, but I don't want to see Jeff kicked out.--funny if John got together with the members of Zen Tricksters.

He now has more notoriety, and JK band can draw more crowds from that.

No idea whether your intel is correct...but the dude is a monster...He can do anything he wants musically..but my guess is Elvis has left the building with respect to DSO. Since he was partially involved in creating the concept of DSO.. John of course would have every right to form his his own vehicle along the similar vain of DSO and immediately have street cred to create a successful venture. However I doubt he would go that route..

I've been wanting to start this topic for a while.

What if he goes back to DSO? I'd like to see him with them, but I don't want to see Jeff kicked out.--funny if John got together with the members of Zen Tricksters.

He now has more notoriety, and JK band can draw more crowds from that.

While anyone has every right to pose any question they like on this public forum....

I seem to recall this very question has been "discussed in the past" , around the time Furthur was formed.

This appears to be just another attempt to Stir the pot & focus on anything except the incredible GD music thats is still performed by multiple bands!

Just Sayin'

Peace & Good Will,

Rob

:dsorocks:

Guest jonnysketchball

While anyone has every right to pose any question they like on this public forum....

I seem to recall this very question has been "discussed in the past" , around the time Furthur was formed.

This appears to be just another attempt to Stir the pot & focus on anything except the incredible GD music thats is still performed by multiple bands!

Just Sayin'

Peace & Good Will,

Rob

:dsorocks:

Whoa. No attempt to stir the s pot here. Was just curious. Kinda surprised by the reaction of some, not sure I get it either. Perhaps my screen name had something to do with it? I'm Sketchball, real name Jon. No reference to JK.

• Forum MVP

Whoa. No attempt to stir the s pot here. Was just curious. Kinda surprised by the reaction of some, not sure I get it either. Perhaps my screen name had something to do with it? I'm Sketchball, real name Jon. No reference to JK.

The subject has been talked about here. We prefer private conversations to address this issue. Most of us love JK and really enjoy the music he makes. I'm not much for speculation. I will see JK in whatever band he chooses to play in and nobody has any inside information here or any meaningful speculation. JK will continue to play music and share music with us because that is what he loves to do, I hope and think.. Why speculate? Just observe and enjoy. As for the end of Furthur, your information is as good as mine. That is best talked about on the furthur forum or atleast, in the other band section. Sorry, we're not really being harsh just practical. Why peal the scab? Let's just enjoy the music. DSO is bringing it now what show will you attend next? I hope to see you there.

you dont get it because you werent here when it all happened. john k is a touchy subject around here. it has nothing to do with your screen name.

and dont let my new poster status fool you sketchball... ive been around the dso scene for a few years now. :-)

• Forum MVP
touchy subject around here

:rolleyes:

Without JK this whole conversation would not be happening. His activities, real or imagined; current, historical, or hypothetical, are fair game for newcomers and old farts alike. Alleged scabs are purely self-inflicted and not the responsibility of subsequent newcomers to avoid. If you doubt, just ask the late great Scott. He'll tell ya everything you need to know.

Guest jonnysketchball

Ok, I get it. Thanks.

FWIW, cant wait for DSO to get back around to the NW. Last time around and first time with Jeff was FAN F-ING TASTIC. Maybe the best Jack Straw I've heard - anywhere.....

• Forum MVP

:rolleyes:

Without JK this whole conversation would not be happening. His activities, real or imagined; current, historical, or hypothetical, are fair game for newcomers and old farts alike. Alleged scabs are purely self-inflicted and not the responsibility of subsequent newcomers to avoid. If you doubt, just ask the late great Scott. He'll tell ya everything you need to know.

My scabs have healed. Really wasn't trying derail the thread or even curtail speculation. Sketch seemed confused by responses he got. I was trying to explain why he got the response. Since my posts I've been speculating some myself. What about jk w the dead. Bobby, billy, and mickey playing together helps foster this thought. Also, maybe a jk and friends thing w different members each tour. Obviously just blind speculation. My bet would be new years isn't the end for furthur but I've lost money before. I generally stay away from speculation lots to be lost or gained in it. Of course, there's no harm if its just for fun.

Whatever happens JK can just about do whatever he wants. He can play in the best GD coverband in the world (which he proved by forming and leading DSO for over a decade) . He could play in his own band playing originals that he wrote plus JGB and GD. He could raise a family with music on the side (doubtful:) . I just know that whatever he does , I will follow his career for the rest of my life!! For he is one of my favorite guitar players

?Why Speculate? Well why not?

The subject has been talked about here. We prefer private conversations to address this issue. Most of us love JK and really enjoy the music he makes. I'm not much for speculation. I will see JK in whatever band he chooses to play in and nobody has any inside information here or any meaningful speculation. JK will continue to play music and share music with us because that is what he loves to do, I hope and think.. Why speculate? Just observe and enjoy. As for the end of Furthur, your information is as good as mine. That is best talked about on the furthur forum or atleast, in the other band section. Sorry, we're not really being harsh just practical. Why peal the scab? Let's just enjoy the music. DSO is bringing it now what show will you attend next? I hope to see you there.

It was rumored two years ago that John had signed an exclusive contract for 2 years. If that was the expected shelf life of Furthur, so be it. If not, even better. But this Terrapin Landing project could be a great thing for our aging heroes. Add in Bobby's studio technology and set the world on fire. Phil should move it further west, though.There's a reason Fairfax is resisting; it doesn't belong there.

If John does move on, I'd like to see him do some work with Melvin. Melvin had a lot of time in with Jerry, and John could learn some JGB tricks. Continuing Ed credits for him. I don't know if he'd be satisfied going back to smaller venues, but I'd love to see it. That would give him more time for his side projects too.

It's time for Phil and Bobby to reintegrate with Mickey and Billy. Hurray for Bob for taking that step. Mickey and Billy cannot be replaced, even by drummers as special as Russo, Lane, and Molo.

So who could match that power quartet? Jeff Mattson, I say. And while we're at it, I say add a dash of Donna. But I would really miss John; how would two Jerrysons playing at once work?

The keys seat could go many ways. Maybe it should be a rotating position; you know how hot it can get. I'm wondering if that's why they have Chimenti all by himself on the other side of Phil; they're walling him off from whatever energy was eating up Pig, Keith, and Brent. They should check out Nate Wilson if they do go rotational.

However it goes, I hope we can get as many of our musicians as possible to play with our four heroes. Like Papa Mali said, there is much to be gained by playing with musicians of that caliber. And much to be gained by listening to them. Long may they run.

Archived