D S O West Coast Tour

comesatime

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing anoounced yet ... just getting excited reading about all the east coast fun and hoping for a BIG , lots of socal show dates , Cali run !!!

I'm thinking as in the latest tradition, this will be the PAC NW and SF tour and they will hit southern california in the fall.

My favorite tour of the year.....would love to see a southern oregon show again.

and speaking of the PAC NW- I see that RRE is playing a brand new venue in Seattle....the Neptune Theatre. Showbox is in a great location but I would be happy if I never had to deal with the fun police and their rubber gloves again.

• Forum MVP

I'm thinking as in the latest tradition, this will be the PAC NW and SF tour and they will hit southern california in the fall.

My favorite tour of the year.....would love to see a southern oregon show again.

If thats the case , I'll have to start saving my pennys for the tour ... socal is all easy drives with no lodging needed ...

If thats the case , I'll have to start saving my pennys for the tour ... socal is all easy drives with no lodging needed ...

I hear ya there....but for some reason even when they are playing 20 miles from my home I end up staying in a hotel in SF. would love to see them go back to the full california run but doesn't seem like its trending that way.

but nothing beats the PAC NW->Northern California run....I think so anyway. Beautiful scenery, mellow folks, lots of great beer and food to be had, always good vibes.

Bellingham was a fun start last year (besides the $1000 parking fuck-up within an hour of getting there....), Would dig going up there again.

• Forum MVP

I hear ya there....but for some reason even when they are playing 20 miles from my home I end up staying in a hotel in SF. would love to see them go back to the full california run but doesn't seem like its trending that way.

but nothing beats the PAC NW->Northern California run....I think so anyway. Beautiful scenery, mellow folks, lots of great beer and food to be had, always good vibes.

Bellingham was a fun start last year (besides the $1000 parking fuck-up within an hour of getting there....), Would dig going up there again.

you know , I've done the same ... we hotel'd in hollywood for some shows and down by the wave house also , it was a fun thing to do ... I've never been above SF for any DSO shows , so I have to add oregon to the list ...

• Forum MVP

I always can't wait for the next NW run! We need our dose of DSO up in this neck o' the woods. I hope the Bellingham opener can happen again (without the parking 'issues' , Lisa!).

Last year they announced the run in early ish December so maybe we'll know soon but I suspect that same late march/early April time slot again for this year.....and maybe an Oly show this year??!! That's a fun venue and I hope it also happens again some time, if not this year.

• Forum MVP

YAY!

I feel like the biggest loser on the planet for ending up on the wrong coast without an escape (again, dammit!) over the last few EPIC weeks of DSO history in the making. Missing shows like the Co Springs show (which I finally listened to..... GOOD GOD, guys!) and the shows up here in CA WHILE I WAS HERE is almost more pathetic, but the time has been damn well spent and now that I've realized I'm still walking, well, I'm SURE that I can dance, SO,

I've made it to some MUSIC at LAST up here and I am now firmly in agreement with Lisacat and others I've spoken to that there really is no better place in the whole damn country to see shows than northern California.

A string of Moonalice and David Nelson Band, topped off with a first set of New Riders last night (a member of our group got sick and we had to leave early, SAD me!) up here in the most RANDOM of venues (last night was in the 'van duzen grange hall' aka sunday luncheon hall for organizations hehe and that's just one random example, the others have been as absurdly abnormal) has absolutely STOLEN my face and heart.

Now I'm never gonna be able to leave!!!!!!!! UGH! I've done the trippy front area dance amongst the most amazingly friendly and deeply deadicatedly enthusiastic people ever since I have finally gotten out to some shows and my heart has become so full and warm.

Everywhere I go I just keep telling everyone I wouldn't be here without DSO- that without the music changing my life and the people I have met at their shows I would never have found MY path. I just followed and now (despite heartbreak, tragedy, legal issues, and other self created miseries) it all just makes so much silly sense that I am in CA dancing with people that somehow it feels like I just plain.... know. Its weird. I like it. Keep running into people that know my name that I don't expect to see. Keep meeting people that I know I was meant to meet but still can't quite believe its happening.

something about the synchronicity chain picking back up where it left off and finding myself in the middle of a dream we dreamed one afternoon...................................... not so long ago at all.

Spring, DSO in the West, come SOON!

(We have decided, OFFICIALLY, however, that we WILL be picking 3-4 weeks MINimum next year to fly out for runs. Some of you that KNOW me know how stupidly organized I can get, and I've totally shifted into my broody, crafty- bout to become a spinner/weaver of angora fur I raise instead of just a spinner/weaver of energy hehe, calendar planning self as winter settles in, so I am making the calendar in alignment with the moons and the vegetables and the animals and DSO and its a groovy looking one so far!)

Thank goodness for the northern ca music scene..... talk about family affairs of the heart. At the end of the day, I wouldn't be anywhere else. Even if I would rather be at DSO everyday, I know the days are a coming SOON, and until then, at least I can still go DANCE with our tribe............. so grateful to be a lil seahorse in this big blue sea.

LOVE!

• Forum MVP

And the calendar shows it is a Saturday. Been a good while since a backyard outdoors show.

plus Phoenix is April is beautiful !! .... sunshine and high 80s low 90s with no humidity !!!

I just hope that the festival is not to expensive and the ticket is a fair price.... especially if you only go to Saturday night to see DSO

• Forum MVP

I see McDonald Theatre is back to its regularly scheduled Sunday slot on April Fools. Seems like an appropriate place for some pranksters!

If were lucky,,,maybe Zane will bring the bus down from the Kesey homestead and have it parked out front...hasn't happened for a couple years,,but, jeez...April Fools sure seems like a good time to get her out for a spin....

Archived