D S O West Coast Tour

comesatime

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like it is shaping up to be a weekend in San Fran April 6-8 ???

I think that would probably be correct! My very uneducated guess would be GAMH based on history. But man I miss the fillmore!!!!!! Not that I don't love the GAMH- its classic, but it can be very challenging.

hoping for a couple small town shows.....maybe guerneville again. arcata is fun. ashland would be a dream.

I think that would probably be correct! My very uneducated guess would be GAMH based on history. But man I miss the fillmore!!!!!! Not that I don't love the GAMH- its classic, but it can be very challenging.

hoping for a couple small town shows.....maybe guerneville again. arcata is fun. ashland would be a dream.

I would love a back to backer @ The Mystic Theater...I don't think the band will return to the River Theater...BWDIK?

But man I miss the fillmore!!!!!! Not that I don't love the GAMH- its classic, but it can be very challenging.

hoping for a couple small town shows.....maybe guerneville again. arcata is fun.

ok....the Fillmore has an equal percentage of drunk, meat-head idiots....guernville was kewl...ARCATA COMMUNITY THEATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well somewhat agree mr. E but I will always cherish the Fillmore as being a catalyst to many of the dear friendships I have now. And I've always had more dancing room. I'd certainly take it over the regency anyway.

Well somewhat agree mr. E but I will always cherish the Fillmore as being a catalyst to many of the dear friendships I have now. And I've always had more dancing room. I'd certainly take it over the regency anyway.

duh !!! over the Regency? the home of "unless you just say "YOWZA", your giving THEM {!!!} attitude !!!' ????????? where common sense doth NOT prevail ????? yeah...i like Fillmore {apples & "welcome to the Fillmore, have a gr8 show....[and Desta in on it, too...]}.."........and the Miyako a nice place to stay over the luvly T.L....although {& i know at least ONE {ahem, do speak up at this point} other on this board, who'd agree}, that it's ALWAYS a pleasure hang with Martina at her place just down the block from GAMH........YET, i do NOT like the security crew {Mark, in particular...even tho we've established a "working" rapport over the years} at Fillmore....whew....soapbox-ing tonight, i see........GO MONTBLUE !!!!!!!!!

on dso ticket page-

2 nights at showbox- thurs 3/29-30

crystal ballroom 3/31

eugene 4/1

arcata???

san francisco???

petaluma 4/9

santa cruz 4/10

solana beach 4/12 (the big 3-0!)

agoura hills 4/13

phoenix 4/14

pushin still for Arcata Community Theater !!!!

i think that would be fun (probably similar to ashland vibe) but I remember being told at some point that its just harder to sell tix at places that have no liquor sales...though the lovely folks in arcata I don't think are all that concerned about their liquor.....

I thought the arcata theatre last year was great. much better than eureka.

Thurs-fri-sat apr 5,6,7 at gamh. Curious to see what gets filled in on Tues or Wed prior, assuming Monday will be the day off. I'm guessing Arcata on the 3rd?

• Forum MVP

Thu Mar 29 - The Showbox [seattle, WA]

Address: 1426 First Avenue

Phone: 866-448-7849

8:00 pm; 21+

Fri Mar 30 - The Showbox [seattle, WA]

Address: 1426 First Avenue

Phone: 866-448-7849

8:00 pm; 21+

Sat Mar 31 - Crystal Ballroom [Portland, OR]

Address: 1332 West Burnside

Phone: 503-225-0047

8:00 pm; all ages

Sun Apr 01 - McDonald Theatre [Eugene, OR]

Address: 1010 Willamette

Phone: 800-992-8499

Thu Apr 05 - Great American Music Hall [san Francisco, CA]

Address: 859 O'Farrell St

Phone: 888-233-0449

9:00 pm; all ages

Fri Apr 06 - Great American Music Hall [san Francisco, CA]

Sat Apr 07 - Great American Music Hall [san Francisco, CA]

Mon Apr 09 - Mystic Theatre [Petaluma, CA]

Address: 23 Petaluma Blvd N

8:30 pm; 21+

Tue Apr 10 - The Catalyst [santa Cruz, CA]

Address: 1011 Pacific Ave

Phone: 866-55-TICKETS

Thu Apr 12 - Belly Up [solana Beach, CA]

Address: 143 S Cedros Ave

Phone: 858-481-9022

9:00 pm; 21+

Fri Apr 13 - Canyon Club [Agoura Hills, CA]

Address: 28912 Roadside Dr

9:00 pm; 18+; under 18 with paying adult

Sat Apr 14 - McDowell Mountain Music Festival [Phoenix, AZ]

Address: 7000 East Mayo Blvd

6:30 pm; all ages

I've heard great things about the Agoura Hills venue. Will be a nice respite from the El Rey (though I actually kind of like the El Rey) but Agoura Hills is certainly a cheaper place to stay than West Hollywood.

• Forum MVP

I've heard great things about the Agoura Hills venue. Will be a nice respite from the El Rey (though I actually kind of like the El Rey) but Agoura Hills is certainly a cheaper place to stay than West Hollywood.

It looks like a pretty nice place from the pics on the website ... I like the Hollywood venues also , it's always fun hanging in Tinseltown , but this will be a nice change ...

I was told- Wide room, big stage low to floor, yuppie malibu crowd, now crowded.

IMO wide rooms make the best venues. Unfortunately not many are built that way.

And that is one redeeming quality of the showbox.

I was told- Wide room, big stage low to floor, yuppie malibu crowd, now crowded. IMO wide rooms make the best venues. Unfortunately not many are built that way. And that is one redeeming quality of the showbox.

The "cosmic" canyon club show in 07 was one of my favorite DSO shows ever. I love that venue. Super relaxed..Jasiah crashed out on the stage for a minute before we put him to bed on a couch in a area beside the stage. It was a really great show too...But as you all know a good venue brings the show to life.

Archived