Mighty High Lineup

August West

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Advisory Board

Yup... count me in for that weekend... Gotta make up a good lie to get outta work for that weekend... I'm thinking a good friend of mine is getting married somewhere not local, and i'm in it so I have to take off... normally I wouldn't lie to get outta work for the whole weekend, but being a bartender at a yacht club, mid-May weekends are bumping and I don't see them letting me off to go to a "concert"...

fuckers...

Thinking I might make the trip to this one, as the preliminary line-up is slamming, and the price tag ($79, if you buy today!) is OUTSTANDING!

Can't find anything about the line-ups from years past...anyone have a link?

• Forum MVP

Thinking I might make the trip to this one, as the preliminary line-up is slamming, and the price tag ($79, if you buy today!) is OUTSTANDING!

Can't find anything about the line-ups from years past...anyone have a link?

I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd year of this festival ....

DSO played 2 shows last year ... nuff said .... hehe

• Forum MVP

After a little collaborative research and discussion, I think it may go something like this: Mighty High was first at Budd Lake, then DSO played at Vasa Park in the NJ lake district for 2 years (I believe it was 2 years but they all combine), then past 2 years have been at the current ski lodge location.

I don't know if a search online turns up anything but I do remember Keller playing at Vasa, plus Donna Jean, and some good stuff there last year that eludes me now. It is all pretty Dead and jamcentric.

• 1 month later...

Hi Y'All, What type of lodging options are there for Mighty High? If any of you fine folks know the area, is a hotel/motel a poss... Thanks, Bob

As the festival is held in the Hudson Highlands, surrounded by parkland, there are not too may choices of accommodation nearby. The closest real hotel would probably be the Sheraton at International Crossroads, which is about 12 miles South of the festival sight in Mahwah, NJ. There are also some more hotels and motels on Route 17 in Mahway, and Ramsey, NJ, which are just South of the Sheraton. Hope this helps.

Topher

Thanks Topher44, by the way, are you a bass player in the D.C. area??

No, but I did grow up in DC. Been in NJ since 1990, but will always call the DC area home. I miss the Bayou, and other cool joints from the 70's and 80's. Such great music has been played in that town!

• 3 weeks later...

Let's be honest here, most of new jersey sucks. Have seen some great shows there though! In fact, a pretty large portion of my shows have been in nj. But it smells bad ;(

To be sure, there are some areas right off interstate 95 that have long suffered from the stench of chemical and oil refineries, and there are some other factories here and there that spew vile smoke, but in my experience the vast majority of NJ harbors no such aromas. Then there is the traffic issue: Yes, back-ups on the turnpike, Garden State parkway, and other highways can be, at times, awful... but there are many, less traveled side roads that are, for the most part, unclogged and are a pleasure to drive. Of course, New Jersey is the most heavily populated state in the nation, so it has its share of problems. When I moved here a little over 20 years ago, I NEVER thought I would still be here today... but, as I and others have pointed out, DSO treats us Jerseyites to many shows every year, and for that reason alone, I feel lucky to live here.

Archived