Mighty High Lineup

August West

• Forum MVP

In all honesty on this end, some of my best memories are of good times in NJ, and a lot of my best friends are either from there or very close by. They tell me the best day of my life was there during last summer's heat wave.

Given those personal bests, I'm looking forward to more.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest L~Cat

Let's be honest here, most of new jersey sucks. Have seen some great shows there though! In fact, a pretty large portion of my shows have been in nj. But it smells bad ;(

were you ever at my home in high bridge?

I admit I'm guilty of jersey bashing too at times- though more as a joke than anything. There are wretched parts of new jersey (there are also wretched parts of PA- philadelphia, ahem....)

But honestly, that is painting with a broad brush.....I LOVED living in high bridge....it was gorgeous. nice yard, super cool neighbors, trails all around me, lots of wildlife.... (now, overall, i'm wayyyy happier here..)

but most people don't think of those towns when they think of NJ....unfortunately they think of Newark, Camden, 95, 78, etc.

There are nice parts of NJ....there I said it. Happy Stout?

were you ever at my home in high bridge?

I admit I'm guilty of jersey bashing too at times- though more as a joke than anything. There are wretched parts of new jersey (there are also wretched parts of PA- philadelphia, ahem....)

But honestly, that is painting with a broad brush.....I LOVED living in high bridge....it was gorgeous. nice yard, super cool neighbors, trails all around me, lots of wildlife.... (now, overall, i'm wayyyy happier here..)

but most people don't think of those towns when they think of NJ....unfortunately they think of Newark, Camden, 95, 78, etc.

There are nice parts of NJ....there I said it. Happy Stout?

i know u don't want to hear it but i speant most summer weekends in round valley 97-02, the garden state is great

• Advisory Board

Having lived in NJ for 20 years disagree with the above statement.

Agree, Disagree... whatever... I still say Jersey sucks my hairy ass!

Let's be honest here, most of new jersey sucks. Have seen some great shows there though! In fact, a pretty large portion of my shows have been in nj. But it smells bad ;(

I too have seen a plethora of DSO (and other shows) in New Jersey... as much as I HATE the state, I also have a love/hate relationship with the people living there.. Sometimes they are way to obnoxious for me, but others, they are way to obnoxious in a good way...

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being crap, and 10 being the crappiest), I'd have to give the "Garden State" (the only thing I know they grow is smokestacks), an 11

• Forum MVP

Agree, Disagree... whatever... I still say Jersey sucks my hairy ass!

I too have seen a plethora of DSO (and other shows) in New Jersey... as much as I HATE the state, I also have a love/hate relationship with the people living there.. Sometimes they are way to obnoxious for me, but others, they are way to obnoxious in a good way...

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being crap, and 10 being the crappiest), I'd have to give the "Garden State" (the only thing I know they grow is smokestacks), an 11

Sorry that you feel that way

The only thing there is to say

Every silver lining's got a

Touch of grey ... B)

• Forum MVP

Yo Mango. . You just gotta flail around. Some of my favorites are the Mighty HighLineup. Thats what I'm talkin bout. Monmouth Park.. Sandy Hook, High Pt. St. Park, The Shrewsbury River and PRE&C with salt, pepper and cheese on a kaiser. :)

PRC.jpg

Looks tasty but unfortunately I don't eat eggs, meat, or cheese. No I'm not a vegan but those tasty items don't do well in my guts.

• Forum MVP

The schedule is as follows:

Friday May 18

Mcmule and Wigjam Trio 530pm-630pm (Tent Stage)

Dark Star Orchestra (Acoustic) 700pm-830pm (Main Stage)

Cabinet 830pm-940pm (Tent Stage)

Railroad Earth 945pm-1215am (Main Stage)

George Porter Jr. & Running Parder's 1230am- ???? (Tent Stage)

Saturday May 20

DSO's Matt Reynolds (Curfew) 1200pm-1245pm (Main Stage)

Reflections 1245pm-145pm (Tent Stage)

Rumor Has It 145pm-245pm (Main Stage)

Brother Jocephus and the Love Revival Revoulution Orchestra 245pm-400pm (Tent Stage)

Railroad Earth 400pm-600pm (Main Stage)

Cornmeal 600pm-730pm (Tent Stage)

Dark Star Orchestra 730pm-1130pm (Main Stage)

The Machine (Pink Floyd Tribute) 1145pm-???? (Tent Stage)

Sunday May 20

Kings Highway featuring Johnny Markowski (NRPS) and John Popper (Blues Traveller) 1245pm-200pm (Tent Stage)

Cornmeal 200pm-315pm (Main Stage)

NRPS with John Popper 315pm-430pm (Tent Stage)

Dark Star Orchestra 430pm-830pm (Main Stage)

WOW :excl: Eli is taking no prisoners.

• Forum MVP

The compromises we make in life. I live in Colorado, I love it here, but I'm 2000 miles from the Mighty High Music Festival and I would love to see Mr. Matt Reynolds on the big stage. Please...I beg those in attendance.....GET IT ON VIDEO FOR ME!!!! I just finish a huge conference that we've planned for a year so maybe there's a RV in my future and a trip to NY.....

• Forum MVP

No RV hook-ups there Dave, we already inquired about it. Curfew's gig will definetely be on video. Steve is taping.

You know when the lottery hit $640mil I have to admit....I bought 5 tickets (Irony is that I did pick 4 of the 5 number...albeit on 4 different tickets) someone at worked asked me....what would you do if you won? First thing I'd do is fly to NY for Matt's set to support him!! Rock on Curfew, I really wish I could be there. If I win a tourney in the mean time...would anyone have crash space for a 240lb starhead who snores like a mack truck?

• Forum MVP

Yup... count me in for that weekend... Gotta make up a good lie to get outta work for that weekend... I'm thinking a good friend of mine is getting married somewhere not local, and i'm in it so I have to take off... normally I wouldn't lie to get outta work for the whole weekend, but being a bartender at a yacht club, mid-May weekends are bumping and I don't see them letting me off to go to a "concert"...

fuckers...

wait a minute.... i haven't been on here in a while...

a bartender in a yacht club?????

i hope it goes better than the taxi driver....

.4616230775_9dec32f53d.jpg

Archived