Jamaica - "Jam in the Sand" - March 2013

Teacher Matt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

Herdy, You could sleep in the big bed between the two of us....

Em, mE are booked......

Hey! That was my job! I put the tape measure away but can dig it back out.

Meanwhile, I'm glad I have a year's heads up to let the dreads grow and get that all-inclusive clothing optional tan. I think I'm gonna fit right in.

• Forum MVP

Their web site says 210 full and junior suites. Considering that everything--all food liquor, room service, tips, water sports--I mean everything except the two excursions listed on the booking site are included, a pretty good deal. And of all the places in Jamaica, Negril is by far the bes. Montego bay, nah. Ocho Rios, better than Montego Bay but still not the best, But Negril is just lovely!! Hope to get in some scuba diving for sure!! Here is the link for the room info, BTW: http://www.breezes.com/resorts/breezes-grand-negril/rooms/

• Forum MVP

If anybody has a room and is looking for a roommate .... shoot me a PM ...

I literally the day before DSO announced this trip paid $1500 deposit for a June trip to Turkey/Greece ... great timing ....

I am hoping rooms are still left in a month or so .. I will book then .. that would be my next option .... but they may be gone by then .....

I hope the resort is prepared for all you donkeys. I'm sure it will be a blast, but its not my speed. too claustrophobic.

I'm waiting on an excursion to hawaii or somewhere more off the beaten path than jamaica...a girl can dream.

maui 2014 anyone?

so is this exlusively dso weekend at the resort or would there be a chance of others there as well? isn't that spring break time too? Bix, all your dreams may come true.

worse case for people who are not sure about going at this time...

if you stay at another place on the island can you purchase tickets to see DSO shows ???

For a minute there, it looked like I might have to bring my kids to Jamaica, so I called IG's and asked if I could still get tix if I stayed at Beaches. The rep said no. He said that they basically block off the hotel. Beaches told me the same thing. They said it's a Breezes sponsored event, and Breezes only sells their packages for it. The rep told me that ppl from outside hotels are required to pay a 3 night minimum hotel rate to see the shows. That's the info I got. I'm not sure if there's another way to do it. Thankfully, Mom came through for us!

BTW, Turkey/Greece is a DREAM TRIP! That's amazing! Wow! Greece is on the top of my list, and I have heard from a few people that Istanbul is one of the most fabulous places in the world. Congrats on an incredible vacation! This trip is definitely expensive, but it helps me a bit to think of it as $500 now, $500 in July, and the rest by November. Maybe, if you have someone to share the room with, he/she could reserve the room now and you could straighten it out later.

• Forum MVP

For a minute there, it looked like I might have to bring my kids to Jamaica, so I called IG's and asked if I could still get tix if I stayed at Beaches. The rep said no. He said that they basically block off the hotel. Beaches told me the same thing. They said it's a Breezes sponsored event, and Breezes only sells their packages for it. The rep told me that ppl from outside hotels are required to pay a 3 night minimum hotel rate to see the shows. That's the info I got. I'm not sure if there's another way to do it. Thankfully, Mom came through for us!

BTW, Turkey/Greece is a DREAM TRIP! That's amazing! Wow! Greece is on the top of my list, and I have heard from a few people that Istanbul is one of the most fabulous places in the world. Congrats on an incredible vacation! This trip is definitely expensive, but it helps me a bit to think of it as $500 now, $500 in July, and the rest by November. Maybe, if you have someone to share the room with, he/she could reserve the room now and you could straighten it out later.

Awesome info .. thanks ... .not what I wanted to hear .. but good to have...

I think that really sucks ..... and yeah the DSO release of this info could not have been at a worse time ... the Turkey/Greece money did not need to be in until April 1st but I had it and said I might as well get it taken care of .... and then BOOM ... DSO announces this trip... what the flip !

• Advisory Board

Herdy it sounds like a birthday present for us both!!!!!!!!!!!! A year SHOULD be enough time for us to plan it ;)

You know it!! Looks I'm in.. booked a room with Bix...

Look out top shelf booze!! Herdy's comin to kick ass and take names...

Guest Rob Eaton

worse case for people who are not sure about going at this time...

if you stay at another place on the island can you purchase tickets to see DSO shows ???

NO

• Forum MVP

my mommy always told me that if you didn't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all. HELLO!

agreed... for example this entire thread has been almost all positive.... almost ....

NO

thanks for the heads up Rob ..... wait ... I should say ... "Hey Mon, tanks for the heads up"

Despite the fact that I'm choosing not to jump on board for several reasons, mostly financial, I think this is an amazing opportunity for the band and for those going. The last year or so has been really exciting and Im sure there are many other very fun things planned. Future is looking so bright. Cheers to dso for continued success. Way to go guys and gal.

Hello all, just attended the show in Madison and the Terrapin Nation show in Chicago. As always, had such a great time. I really would like to make this Jamaica trip happen but I think I will have a hard time finding someone to commit so far in advance. If anyone needs someone to room with please let me know as I can only afford to pay for myself right now. Dso on the beach in Jamaica...no way I can miss it!!!

Archived