Jamaica - "Jam in the Sand" - March 2013

Teacher Matt

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

I've got a full year to get out of this 'thing' that work signed me up for. It's taking place in Tampa of all places for a freaking week! - I am pretty sure they'll know if I hop on another plane to Jamacia. I think I can wiggle out a tell them that my brother is getting married - for the 8th time. What can I say, he's a veritable Larry King :mellow:

Hey! Brand new to the forum. Really want to go to Negril but need a female roommate. Any one looking?? I live in Colorado.

Thanks

hello, I have a room reserved with 2 beds. I am a looking for roomate doesnt matter girl/boy please respond if in need. I am going back to NEGRIL IN MAY FOR THE 2ND TIME THIS YEAR SO YIPPE. you will need 500 us $$ to reserve ur part of the room. let me know. 414 552 1094. where in colorado do u live. I have friends in Denver. it may be a small world. Thanks Dan. I will only use the room to sleep and shower. and wont be on the breezes property much only for the shows of course. Have many friends on the island.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"Come early or stay later.

For those looking for more than 4 nights, we will be offering a bonus show on the night of March 5th. So if you want to experience something special, plan on checking out on March 6th. You can check in as early as February 27th."

So does this mean 1 Acoustic Show, 3 Full 2 Sets & a bonus show? 5 Nights? Can this be true? JGB '91 show please if it is :)

Don't worry chuck.. I'm working on a way to smuggle you in. Never mind the fact that they just denied my request for a passport due to not having a valid birth certificate.. which is a lie. I'm pretty sure I was born here. mother should I trust the government?? anyway, I digress. I think you can fit into my checked bag.

• Advisory Board

Don't worry chuck.. I'm working on a way to smuggle you in. Never mind the fact that they just denied my request for a passport due to not having a valid birth certificate.. which is a lie. I'm pretty sure I was born here. mother should I trust the government?? anyway, I digress. I think you can fit into my checked bag.

I got my passport pretty easy... Don't you have an old passport or is this your first go around with dealing with the Passport shit.. You have to have a raised seal birth certificate to get yoru passport if this is your first go around.. Were you born in Baltimore? If so, you can get your parents to go to the hospital and see how to get a fresh birth certificate with the raised seal and all.. I can't remember but you might have to send in your social security card as well with the new picture and all the paperwork. You might want to get on this if it's your first time. I remember way back when (I think it was 18 years ago?) when I got my first passport and it took a good 3 months to get it once I sent in the money and all the paperwork.

Now if you're just renewing your passport (Mine was due to expire January 2013), I just went to the post office with my old passport. All I had to do was get a new picture taken. Which by the way, the guy working at the post office that was gonna take my picture loved my shirt. I was wearing a tye-fye DSO shirt, and when he opened the door to take me back in the picture room, he saw my shirt and said something along the lines of ..."I've seen Dark Star Orchestra almost a dozed times and I swear sometimes they play the tunes way better the The Dead ever did..." Needless to say my picture taking experience at the post office was pretty cool.. We only chatted about 5 minutes but it was all Dead related.. Just goes to show that we are EVERYWHERE!! Anyway, back on topic.. I got my picture taken, filled out the paperwork they had at the post office, and sent the paperwork, my old passport, the new pictures, and the money order for $110(?) in an envelope. About a month later, I got my new passport!

ive never had one before so its a little labor intensive. however, i spoke with them on the phone a few times and they realized they made a mistake. i have been approved and promised a passport will be arriving shortly. hopefully no more governmental red tape. dont these bafoons know im trying to go party with dso in jamaica?!

• Advisory Board

Now I just need a plane ticket :)

You and me both!! I also need $179 to finish paying off my room on my part... Scott still owes them some money, but hopefully I'll have the $179 before November 15th!!

Plane tickets are just a little bit over $400 from BWI to Montego Bay, Jamaica.. Apparently you have to have your plane booked before Jan 15th so you can send your flight info to the resort for shuttle pick-up..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am debating on taking the wife to this, but not sure I want to part with $3,800 right around the Holidays. Can anyone tell me who has attended before if you can get in the morning of the 1st and leave the afternoon of the 5th and not miss anything? Also sahre soem of your previous experiences letting me know how good it was and how much extra cash you had to spend. I know it's all inclusive, but I have been to a few all inclusive places and you always wind up spending money anyway. How many fans attend this event on average?Talk me into it.

Archived