Jamaica - "Jam in the Sand" - March 2013

Teacher Matt

• Forum MVP

This is the first jam in the sand, and don't take this the wrong way, but if you have to be talked into it, it probably ain't for you. If I wasn't writing college tuition checks, I'd be there if it was just me and the band and nobody else. I have been to all-inclusive in Jamaica, and you tip the shuttle driver from and back to the airport and that's it. No tipping at the resort.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Forum MVP

You all have a blast down in the blue waters of Jah land!!     Safe travels, warm breezes, and brilliant tunes!!    I wish you all wonderful times and peaceful memories mixed with electric sound!!

Give homage to Bob and respect to Jerry:}  

Happy Trails swimming in the sand!!!

Jamaica was indescribable. It was my first time with Dso and I couldn't have been more impressed with them or Keller Williams. All the people with the bands were way cool too. Thanks to all the hard workers who moved the show inside. We all loved that night. All the music all nights was stellar. I met so many new souls dancin 'round the beach and bars. I never danced so much in my life. The people at Breezes were great and I miss the big man allready. Can't wait to go back and see him again.! If I had to explain it you wouldn't understand so I'll just say thank you... for a real good time! Hope to be at the great American music hall for some more sweet sweet dso. Thanks to everyone who put this on.

Well they certainly have given us plenty of advance notice to plan for the "Jam In The Sand". I would guess this would end up costing about $2500 with the airfare. I would surmise that they only have a certain amount of packages available, I wonder what that number is? Good Lord willing, I'll be there.

Seems like there couldn't have been more than 400 of us there. I am not a good guesstimator with stuff like this, but the crowd was small, with plenty of room for everyone everywhere. Truly, the most ideal scene from  a fan perspective, and pretty fucking fun from a band perspetive, as far as I could gather ;)

Guest crazy digits

I believe capacity is 300ish. They were 8 rooms approx short of sell out. The place is big enough to have your own space but small enough to be intimate. Venue is so close to the water, you could swim and hear the show...crazeeeeeeee

only consideration Island Gigs should make next year is to plan snorkeling, diving etc at later times in the day...9am and 11 am is ridiculous for us folks. We like to stay up late and mingle. I mentioned and they agreed!

Archived