DSO Jubilee - Labor Day 2012

gr8fulpair

• Forum MVP

I was really hoping this would be a thread about how cool the Jubilee is going to be, warm weather, grassy fields, campfires, barefooted, sun dresses, butterflies, ....... oh well..... we could get back to that if you want.

we could ... but the ohio festy scene people might want to tell us more about DSO's diabolical plan to ruin their summer ... :rolleyes:

:dsorocks:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody got a good Buckeye Lake story? Its where i first discovered many things at the ripe old age of 13, life took a beautiful turn that day! I cant wait to get back there, the Allgood then Jubilee, gonna be a good summer!

• Advisory Board

I have SUCH a huge appreciation for the MUSIC, though it may not be apparent here,

You are SADLY mistaken if you think these folks here have no appreciation for music... That's the dumbest statement I've heard on here in a long time...

I have seen DSO probably about 70 times. But you can't say that they have NO control over the executive decisions made for the band.. If SO, then they are complete sell-outs. Because why else would you relinquish all control of decisions except for money?

Sell-outs?! You have NO IDEA what you're talking about! There are 7 people who control DSO, LLC. and those 7 people make the decisions by ways of vote. All major decisions are made by the 7, and Tim follows what has been decided. Where do you get the idea that they would relinquish all control decisions? You're completely talking out of your ass, probably to stir up some trouble. Get a clue, get a life, and if possible, grow a friggin brain before you post foolish nonsense!

I know Tim personally. He's a great guy. He is also a business man, whom over the past decade+ has become one of the country's biggest concert promoters.. You don't get that way by being all nice, warm and fuzzy... The music business is a TOUGH business, and sometimes you have to break a few eggs to make an omelet. Tim is a respected promoter, and if he pulled the shit you're pulling out of your ass, he wouldn't be where he is today. I'm sure there were words said, but threatening to shut down a festival?? You're nuts!

You sir, are a misinformed troll...

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know much about the VIP for the weekend. I am not sure if I am camping. It sounds like the VIP gets you close to the stage and parking by your car. Can you drive in / out of VIP camping area? Is there VIP parking near the VIP entrance?

Thanks,

Steve

Does anyone know much about the VIP for the weekend. I am not sure if I am camping. It sounds like the VIP gets you close to the stage and parking by your car. Can you drive in / out of VIP camping area? Is there VIP parking near the VIP entrance?

Thanks,

Steve

parking by your car?

why is it we park on the driveway and drive on the parkway?

what disease did cured ham have?

i'll spare u the rest.

I cant wait to see you all at the Jubilee. 3 nights of DSO? Yes please! Throw in 7 Walkers,Mickey and Donna Jean, this will be epic. I will miss NLQP but DSO was the reason I went there and where they go I go. I just wish that Allgood and The Vibes werent on the same weekend. I guess those promoters must not have heard that unwritten festie rule. Maybe they should write that rule down LOL.

• Forum MVP

Im trying to find out if we need a VIP ticket. We are taking our friends VW bus up and would really like to be camped next to it. I wouldnt care with a regular car, but it has an awning and a cooking setup. It would be nice to be able to camp right next to it. Could we get 1 VIP and the rest regular tickets or are only VIPs allowed to camp in that area. If anyone knows, it would be greatly appreciated. I went to The Dead at Buckeye in 94, but I know thats a different setup. Plus that day went from 95 to 65 degrees in a hurry during that storm and all I remember about the whole thing was buying a bloomin onion to hold in our hands to warm us because there was no coffee. That and I bought a new tie-dye that day from a vendor and it bled all down my shorts and down my leg during the rain storm. Everyone was pointing because my whole body was tiedyed. My friends were cracking on me saying something about did you get that tiedye at Walmart. Felt a little insecure considering we were tripping balls lol.

• Forum MVP

What a bunch of horse shit...... Tim Walther saved us long ago and he is our friend first and foremost. If your gonna sling muck under the guise of a fake name you get no credibility in my book... Maybe the owner of Legends Valley made the decision ? Just sayin.... There is room for everyone here. At least in my book...

I second what Mr. Eaton said. You can sling your shit but we know the truth!! RB

Typically, camping by your car happens in VIP... and typically, you have to have a VIP pass to camp in VIP camping

As for leaving during the festival... I think they try to discourage leaving and coming back in ... unless it's really, really needed ... because it adds extra work for everyone... waiting in the driveway to get back in, checking your passes, finding your favorite parking spot again, etc.

I'll be at legend valley next weekend and will ask if the layout or protocol will be any different.

Jubilee = festival of the summer

I read all 4 pages of this last night, and i have come to the unshakeable conclusion that there is only one person daibolical enough to piss off our band - Gloria Steniem. Yeah, yeah, that's right - you were all thinking it, but I said it. This has that she-devil written all over it. I'm pretty sure she was behind all that audience chatter at the Birchmere, too. Classic Steinem! So keep an eye out, everyone, because she may be traveling among us: older woman, brown hair, attractive, and, if everything I've read is true - she could be pretty cranky. Be safe out there, people. And have an awesome summer:)!!!

• Forum MVP

I have a Jubilee related question.

Are are the acts booked and time slots filled?

The reason I ask is that I would love to see another long time Gfest performer play at the Jubilee... Mark Karan.

I am not sure if anyone has listened to or have had the privilege to check out Mark, Stu Allen and many other super stars band Ghosts Of Electricity. They play an all Dylan show that is a very touching, talented, in a rock your face off kinda way....

To have Mark play in anyone of his bands would be a treat.

(it would also be nice to get this topic back on a "I'm happy I am going to such a quality event with my favorite band and all my favorite family" kind of vibe)

Just a question from a hopeful fan.... thanks

Light & Love from Kdub

bands.jpg

and 3 shows by

dsoname.jpg

You have got to be kidding me.....this is the buzzworthy festival of the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hear it for the talent assembled by DSO and All Good!!!!!!!!

Really.......Cornmeal, Keller, Jorma, Donna, Bill, Mickey, Ivan, Ragbirds.........funk, bluegrass, jam, blues, jazz, world, reggae.......what more could you want?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum MVP

Got my tix...I will meet all at the jubilee...and several other shows beforehand.

Reading this entire thread I find unnecessary provocation and IMHO even more unnecessary defense. My instincts plus almost 200 DSO shows since 1999 tells me all that I need to know.

Don"t let the innuendo effect your party!

Hey now! Got a big problem that may be of benefit to someone here. First off, I don't know if this will be a terms of use issue. If so, Ron, just let me kknow and I'll remove this toot suite. I cannot Do the Jubilee - :( While I had money to buy my ticket initially, I've since come to the realization that with spending money concerns, this awesome event is undoable for me unless I basically skip any and all shows by everyone from mid July till who knows when.Therefore, I'm looking to get rid of my ticket -I don't want to burn the band or anything, but I really need at least most (i'm letting it go for cheaper than I paid) of my money back on it for the reason I just outlined.I've put out a couple feelers with friends and no dice was forthcoming.Any help would be appreciated. And someone else can have my baby... Thanks!

ps -Guess I'll be waiting till sometime IN Fall to see DSO -rats! (Come back to Pitt please! ha ha)

Okay, so it's not going to make a difference in the least to you people, but for those of you demanding to know where this information cam from, here are a few quotes

Quote from the frontman of ekoostik hookah:

While some of your points make sense on the surface, you really don't know what's going on behind the scenes of these shows. If you, or anyone else wants to support those shows, there's no problem with that. But please don't try to make it sound like everything is hunky-dory, it's not. I'm not on here to slam anyone, but those who want to boycott Walthers just might have very good reasons for doing so. Is boycotting his shows going to change anything? No. But do what you feel is right. You mentioned Walmart. Well, he is Walmart as far as the scene goes. Is boycotting Walmart goinb to help anything? No, but it may make you feel better about yourself. Maybe not. Walther asking Hookah to play the Jubilee was a slap in the face after the way he went about his business. He knew it, and I was the one on the phone with him at the time. Remember, he wanted to bring music to West Virginians too, and look how that turned out. Regardless, have fun at the shows. I'm sure they will be a rockin' time, as long as they last.

I have no beef with DSO. You're 100% right on that. We as I said before, we were planning on moving the date anyways because there are too many shows going on all over on that weekend now. However, Walther didn't know we were going to switch dates. He muswcled his way into Legend Valley, and expected us to fold. When I told him we were doing Hville anyways, he said "really". Then an awkward silence, then a goodbye and he hung up. If you want to do both shows, you should. The guys in DSO are all very cool, and I've always had a good time with them. To bad their manager is a ............

Quote from a long-time regional festival worker:

"...this is All Good's 6th venue, 1st in MD, then the WV panhandle, then central VA, then yes it was at SSDD for one year (I worked it), then Masontown, now onto Ohio. And having worked along side of and competing against him for the last 13+ years I can say by a wide margin no other promoter is as hated among other promoters and people who work behind the scenes as Tim. And I'll advise anyone working for Tim this year the same I advised Trickle when he told me he was doing All Good, get your money upfront. The one and only All Good at SSDD Tim flat out sole from Trip and dozens of neighbors, Trip's relationship with his local community was never the same after that 1 festival out of the over 100 done there over the years. I've got a tough decision to make myself whether or not to break my 10 year boycott of Walther and All Good, I really should be there to flyer for Fall Hookahville. Like Dave said Tim puts on a great festival and has a stellar lineup, anyone really wanting to go should, just don't act like Tim is some great guy. He would rather step on a Hippie for $1 then help them up with a smile. Sorry for the rant I just felt that should be out there, information is power."

Archived