Not fade away

Midnight moonlight

Original Sauce

Band on fire as always, beautiful moonrise for 2nd set, peace

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Forum MVP

What was not on the band list was the rub after loose lucy and it was tn jed woman enough TLEO sing blues BEW race loose Lucy rub Cumberland dancin w hypnotize jam now in rotation then box after 1/2 step n Blk throated as listed. 2nd se had not just a jam but caution and we saw the gypsy woman n didn't stop on the tracks.

Wowie a gooooodie more tomorow!

Wait band list I got was what i posted- same as my list..... I can't wait til tomorrow n norva!

• Forum MVP

Forgive me but I must be serious for a moment. This band keeps getting better every night. Its not an exclamation its something that is just really blowing my mind. I cant even help myself but to leave the hotel silliness to come sit alone n type this review now. In some ways I am partial to last night but its hard to compare recreations n originals. Tonight I think everyone including the band was pretty well blown away.

Mmmm 1/2 step thankee mighty kindly! Goodness Blk throated- well played! (!!!!!!) We boogied slowly and deliberately back to Tennessee and lisa brought the show to an early peak with her woman enough. TLEO was very specially different and fascinating and i can't hel but enjoy sing ur blues... Pre show front row convo was about songs that weren't so fun w the dead but we love now and this made me giggle extra hard as dancing. The BEW was sweepingly lovely and when the race is on you know its on! I fall all over myself for this band and loose Lucy rattled me loose for sure!

Was sayin at hotel today that the rub is one of my favorites and it was so silly great. Cumberland blew the place open into the mines but by dancin and that wondeful way they are jamming it now is just freaking ppl out w joy! Box was all joyous and i knew unbroken would show up in this show when i heard it.

As set break began a beautiful face from my time in atlanta going to shows... Actually we danced together the night bf my first dso show at yonder. He is a very worthy young bass player and he told me in very serious tones that u hadn't seen them since that first atlanta show Jeff did when the did a 69 flavor original and I posted it was MY fave show to date only to have the egg belittle my assessment... Anyways Cole said the bass player was like a new guy in how he played and was really tapping into the Phil feel. This made me happy go Kevin!

Scarlet was just on time for us but I'm sad my friend didn't get a fire after it. El paso and fotd were great and then Lisa blew that sweet harp and we all felt the pain in hurts me to as she had her way with us and each band member pushed it further. Harder to come is so special to me and all our fates were in the bands manipulative fingers for the rest of the show and i think it is just ridiculous that this band. Can play at this calliber night after night.

Sing me back home was heaven and by the time we didn't fade gdtrfb and found the gypsy lady I saw the whole place slip into another dimension.

All under the midnight moonlight we all live seeing DSO play.

Thank you DSO what would I do without you? Floating like a feather to Wilmington to get tix for my bro n his lady so we can commence w the family vibes.

Only thing that could make it better was if my sweet sweet mango was here.... Jubilee will bring us ALL together.

Cell phones are very annoying to review with.

Solid show but not as good as the first night in pisgah in my opinion. there were some mis-steps and eaton missed a whole line in el paso. some songs were much better than others.. like woman enough, cumberland, dancing with the hypnotized jam, harder they come, black throated wind, midnight moonlight. really enjoyed all of those. found a sweet little spot behind the soundboard where the sound was excellent. the humidity was still bad but the rain never came. the bbq vendor cut Brian a deal and we managed to ride home with a whole huge tray of pulled pork bbq and Carolina sweet sauce for the hotel party. ill say it again but I loooved the venue and understand why dso decided to play two nights this year.

• Forum MVP

Pssh. Missed a whole line? With all the words and chord changes to remember its amazing these guys flub as little as they do. You shoulda heard the clown playing with Stu Allen for jerryday yesterday....constant lyrics messups and mistimed deliveries. Im just sayin I don't judge my dso shows, or even individual songs, by the few mistakes that are made. Those things to me are on the very superficial surface of whats going on at a much deeper level...How does this song go?

:dsorocks:

clearly Noah and I are on the same wavelength here

This is a place for reviews right? just posting what I heard. This band is excellent but reviews aren't always going to be all great. its just a factual observation. clearly I don't judge the band based on individual songs. I'm on the road with this band for a reason. I know mistakes happen, and that they happen way less often with dso than with the dead. I love this band and will continue posting honest reviews. isn't this the reason we keep chasing "the best" show as the band keeps getting better and better?

• Forum MVP

Its quite amazing we dont fuck up more than we do with the extensive repertoire we have which spans 30 years of Dead, Garcia Band and other covers.

My brothers and sister in DSO take pride in knowing we give it our all every night. We do appreciate both praise and criticism for this is what makes us grow. Thank all of you on behave of myself and my fellow band mates for supporting us the way you do!! RB

so you want them to start using teleprompters? (to quote one of the band members out on Granby Street who will remain nameless)

Even the GD changed stuff around. I was just listening to a version of "playing in the band" and heard "some folks up in treetops/just looking at the heights." maybe Haight's?

In no way do I want the band to use teleprompters and it is ridiculous that the band would accuse me of wanting that. Its actually a pretty hurtful statement since I know most of you on here as well as all of the band members. you all should know that my intentions are always loving and pure, never malicious. a simple observation of a missed line has gotten blown way out of proportion. I love the band the way it is, just as I love the grateful dead the way it was. imperfections and all. imperfection is beauty, is it not?

NOW...id like to move away from the reviews of my review and actually hear some more reviews of the actual music.

Steph, Chris, and I can't be the only ones who were there with any opinions!!!! :)

oh yea......DSO ROCKS.

• Forum MVP

I hear you, Jenna. I myself have been guilty many times of whining about venues, people, etc. I try to keep my reviews of the music focused on the positive because it is this amazing music that allows me to deal with all of the annoying factors. I read these reviews to hear about the magic that happens when I"m not there, ya know? I've never seen a DSO show that was bad on the account of missed lyrics, to me that's just a very natural and expected part of the music....shit, we are humans, right? Well, maybe not Barraco, he must be from outer space :blink: No hard feelings, keep on doing what you do!

• Forum MVP

What about a giant screen where we can all follow the bouncing ball over the lyrics, like Sing Along with Mitch?

Hell, most of the time I wouldn't notice a dropped line if it landed on me like a ton of bricks. And I love everyone's different style of, and approach to, reviews. It gives this place character.

• Forum MVP

whatever you job is in this big old game of life no way is anybody 100% on it every hour of every day....

for example I am an AP US History and AP US Government teacher..... and sometimes I forget how many original colonies we had or why we have 50 stars of the flag .... :wacko:

zing zang boom !! .. :blink:

• Forum MVP

I hear you, Jenna. I myself have been guilty many times of whining about venues, people, etc. I try to keep my reviews of the music focused on the positive because it is this amazing music that allows me to deal with all of the annoying factors. I read these reviews to hear about the magic that happens when I"m not there, ya know? I've never seen a DSO show that was bad on the account of missed lyrics, to me that's just a very natural and expected part of the music....shit, we are humans, right? Well, maybe not Barraco, he must be from outer space :blink: No hard feelings, keep on doing what you do!

Hey, I resemble that remark!!;-0

Guest Rob Eaton

Part of playing without a net is at times it's great at times it's not. Without allowing yourself to be human and err would mean I'm not trying to push myself... I make mistakes every night and I always will . I could however play it safe and never make mistakes but what's the fun in that. I don't use lyric sheets or teleprompters and never will. Why a missed line in El Paso was even mentioned in the big picture of the Music played says volumes to me.... Sometimes you just need to listen and let go of the negative and focus on the positive.... This is my humble opinion and not the opinion of anyone in the band...

Archived